Verizon plans have hidden service charges that are not included in the displayed price of the plans. They are added to the monthly bill, making such packages definitively more expensive than T-Mobile packages that have no such hidden cost additions to the final price. Similarly, activation and severance fees charged by Verizon make its plans costlier in the long run.
Verizon vs T-Mobile
The difference between Verizon and T-Mobile is that the plans offered by the former are less cost-effective than the latter. T-Mobile provides customers with more economical plans than those provided by Verizon. The stark difference between the two is revealed especially when the middle tier plans of each service provider are compared.
Comparison Table Between Verizon and T-Mobile
|Parameters of Comparison||Verizon||T-Mobile|
|Pricing||Plans offered by Verizon are priced at the higher end of the price spectrum. There are also additional hidden charges for certain services added to the final monthly bill.||Plans provided by T-Mobile are more lucrative and affordable. No additional charges are added to the monthly bill.|
|Network Coverage||Verizon offers extensive network coverage.||Network coverage offered by T-Mobile is not as extensive as Verizon.|
|System Compatibility||Verizon uses the older CDMA system.||T-Mobile uses the newer GSM system.|
|Speed||The speed of the Verizon network is a little slower than T-Mobile.||T-Mobile has been hailed as the fastest network provider.|
|Activation Charge||Verizon charges a one-time-activation fee from customers.||T-Mobile does not charge an activation fee from its customers.|
|Perks Included in the Unlimited Plan||Verizon’s unlimited plan includes music and video streaming perks.||T-Mobile’s unlimited plan does not include any such streaming perks.|
|Termination Fees||Verizon charges a termination fee to sever the contract.||T-Mobile does not charge a termination fee.|
|Customer Support||Inferior quality of customer support.||Best-in-class customer support is provided by T-Mobile.|
What is Verizon?
Verizon is famed for its wireless services and products. Established in the year 2000, Verizon is renowned for the plethora of plans as well as the high-speed internet connectivity it offers. This American telecommunication giant has achieved several accolades over the years as the largest network service provider in the US.
Verizon is compatible with most smartphones. Verizon offers multiple tier plans, priced at different levels and with varying perks. The brand’s network coverage in the 4G LTE domain is unmatched. Verizon is paving the way forward for the telecommunication industry by introducing 5G network coverage in a total of 1800+ cities.
It is the top choice among customers due to its extensive network coverage and excellent streaming perks. Verizon’s packages come with several coveted music and video perks like free Netflix and Disney+ subscriptions. ESPN+ and HULU are also added to the bundle of subscriptions offered by Verizon.
What is T-Mobile?
T-Mobile is the third largest mobile network provider in the US. It is famed for its lucrative plans and high-speed data transmissions. T-Mobile currently caters to over 100 million subscribers. T-Mobile is a subsidiary of a German telecommunication company called Deutsche Telekom AG.
The brand uses the new GSM framework to ensure compatibility of its network with the latest mobile phones in the market. T-Mobile is currently rolling out its 5G network facilities. The company is famed for its prompt customer support and unmatched speed of accessing the internet.
Although T-Mobile lacks perks in its lower level plans, it offers more expensive plans with several perks and subscriptions. The T-Mobile Magenta and Magenta Plus packages come with Netflix subscriptions and higher data caps. This makes the service provider a popular choice for most customers.
Main Differences Between Verizon and T-Mobile
- T-Mobile offers more lucrative plans and packages than Verizon. The plethora of plans offered by T-Mobile plans are all affordable. This pricing gap is the most visible in the middle tier plans. Moreover, Verizon plans have additional hidden charges that are added to the final monthly bill. T-Mobile plans have no such hidden charges.
- Verizon provides better network coverage than T-Mobile. On the other hand, T-Mobile’s network covers the more populated areas of the country, but it fails to offer coverage as extensive as Verizon.
- T-Mobile does not charge any additional activation fees from customers. Verizon charges a one-time activation fee from customers.
- The two network providers also differ in terms of the perks included with their unlimited plans. Verizon offers 6 months of Disney+ and Apple Music subscriptions with its unlimited plan. On the other hand, T-Mobile does not offer any video or music perks with its unlimited plan.
- T-Mobile offers hi-speed uploads and downloads. Verizon’s speed parameters are not very far away from T-Mobile, but they are definitely lower than the functional speed of the T-Mobile network.
- Verizon uses the older CDMA set-up. T-Mobile operates on the newer GSM framework.
- Customer support provided by T-Mobile is much better than the support provided by Verizon. The ‘team of experts’ program initiated by T-Mobile makes its customer support mechanism one of the best in the industry.
- Verizon charges customers a contract termination fee, while T-Mobile does not charge such extra fees.
Verizon and T-Mobile are both renowned mobile network service providers in the US. Both are well-known for their quality services and reliable plans. However, there are minuscule differences between the two that are often missed by users.
The most important and glaring difference between the two is in terms of the pricing policy followed by each brand. Verizon’s plans fall on the more expensive side of the price spectrum. Several perks and benefits -like free streaming subscriptions- are significant attractions offered by Verizon. However, the additional charges levied on customers often act as deterrents, preventing them from choosing the brand.
T-Mobile is also a new rising star in the 5G network arena. T-Mobile has become a brand synonymous with affordable plans. Apart from being economical and cost-effective, T-Mobile is also famed for its network speed and customer service support.
The choice between Verizon and T-Mobile will be determined by the kind of phone the customer uses. If you need a plan that is empowered by high-speed data transmissions at a cost-effective price point, then T-Mobile is better-suited to meet your requirements. However, if you want more streaming perks with the network service, Verizon may be the better choice.
Table of Contents