Verizon plans have hidden service charges that are not included in the displayed price of the plans.
They are added to the monthly bill, making such packages more expensive than T-Mobile packages with no such hidden cost additions to the final price.
Similarly, activation and severance fees charged by Verizon make its plans costlier in the long run.
- Verizon has a larger coverage area and more reliable service, while T-Mobile offers more affordable plans and better international roaming options.
- Verizon uses CDMA technology, while T-Mobile uses GSM technology.
- Verizon has a wider range of devices, while T-Mobile has a more flexible upgrade policy.
Verizon vs T-Mobile
The difference between Verizon and T-Mobile is that the plans offered by the former are less cost-effective than the latter. T-Mobile provides customers with more economical plans than those provided by Verizon. The stark difference between the two is revealed, especially when the middle-tier plans of each service provider are compared.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Plans offered by Verizon are priced at the higher end of the price spectrum. There are also additional hidden charges for certain services added to the final monthly bill.
|Plans provided by T-Mobile are more lucrative and affordable. No additional charges are added to the monthly bill.
|Verizon offers extensive network coverage.
|Network coverage offered by T-Mobile is not as extensive as Verizon.
|Verizon uses the older CDMA system.
|T-Mobile uses the newer GSM system.
|The speed of the Verizon network is a little slower than T-Mobile’s.
|T-Mobile has been hailed as the fastest network provider.
|Verizon charges a one-time activation fee from customers.
|T-Mobile does not charge an activation fee from its customers.
|Perks Included in the Unlimited Plan
|Verizon’s unlimited plan includes music and video streaming perks.
|T-Mobile’s unlimited plan does not include any such streaming perks.
|Verizon charges a termination fee to sever the contract.
|T-Mobile does not charge a termination fee.
|Inferior quality of customer support.
|T-Mobile provides best-in-class customer support.
What is Verizon?
Verizon is famed for its wireless services and products. Established in 2000, Verizon is renowned for its many plans and high-speed internet connectivity.
This American telecommunication giant has achieved several accolades over the years as the largest network service provider in the US.
Verizon is compatible with most smartphones. Verizon offers multiple-tier plans priced at different levels and with varying perks. The brand’s network coverage in the 4G LTE domain is unmatched.
Verizon is paving the way for the telecommunication industry by introducing 5G network coverage in 1800+ cities.
It is the top customer choice due to its extensive network coverage and excellent streaming perks.
Verizon’s packages include coveted music and video perks like free Netflix and Disney+ subscriptions. ESPN+ and HULU are also added to the bundle of subscriptions Verizon offers.
What is T-Mobile?
T-Mobile is the third largest mobile network provider in the US. It is famed for its lucrative plans and high-speed data transmissions.
T-Mobile currently caters to over 100 million subscribers. T-Mobile is a subsidiary of a German telecommunication company called Deutsche Telekom AG.
The brand uses the new GSM framework to ensure the compatibility of its network with the latest mobile phones in the market. T-Mobile is currently rolling out its 5G network facilities.
The company is famed for its prompt customer support and unmatched internet access speed.
Although T-Mobile lacks perks in its lower-level plans, it offers more expensive plans with several perks and subscriptions.
The T-Mobile Magenta and Magenta Plus packages have Netflix subscriptions and higher data caps. This makes the service provider a popular choice for most customers.
Main Differences Between Verizon and T-Mobile
- T-Mobile offers more lucrative plans and packages than Verizon. The plethora of plans offered by T-Mobile plans are all affordable. This pricing gap is the most visible in the middle-tier plans. Moreover, Verizon plans have hidden charges added to the final monthly bill. T-Mobile plans have no such hidden charges.
- Verizon provides better network coverage than T-Mobile. On the other hand, T-Mobile’s network covers the country’s more populated areas, but it fails to offer coverage as extensive as Verizon’s.
- T-Mobile does not charge any additional activation fees from customers. Verizon charges a one-time activation fee from customers.
- The two network providers also differ regarding the perks included with their unlimited plans. With its unlimited plan, Verizon offers 6 months of Disney+ and Apple Music subscriptions. On the other hand, T-Mobile does not offer any video or music perks with its unlimited plan.
- T-Mobile offers high-speed uploads and downloads. Verizon’s speed parameters are not very far away from T-Mobile but are lower than the functional speed of the T-Mobile network.
- Verizon uses the older CDMA setup. T-Mobile operates on the newer GSM framework.
- Customer support provided by T-Mobile is much better than the support provided by Verizon. The ‘team of experts’ program initiated by T-Mobile makes its customer support mechanism one of the best in the industry.
- Verizon charges customers a contract termination fee, while T-Mobile does not charge such extra fees.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.