Both Hootsuite and Later are Social media managing tools, but a few things make them different from each other.
- Hootsuite is a social media management platform that offers a wide range of features for scheduling, publishing, and analyzing social media content.
- Later is a visual marketing platform focusing on scheduling and publishing content for Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media platforms.
- Hootsuite is more comprehensive and offers more integrations, but Later is more user-friendly and focuses more on visual content.
Hootsuite vs Later
Hootsuite is a comprehensive social media management platform offering many features, including social media scheduling, monitoring, analytics, and collaboration tools. Later is a specialized tool for Instagram marketing that allows users to schedule and publish Instagram posts.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Hootsuite and Later are the social media managing tools that keep everything easy for you. Both tools help you in social media advertising campaigns.
Hootsuite manages all your social media from one single dashboard. For example, you can add your Instagram account to
Hootsuite dashboard and make the changes. You can make the changes through the dashboard but not the Instagram handle. Later, the user can do that.
Hootsuite is a popular social media management tool which has a good amount of platforms in a single dashboard and various services which clients can use to access the social media managing tool.
|Parameters of Comparison||Hootsuite||Later|
|Interface||A little perplexing||Simple|
|Feed||Hootsuite collects all the activity from all the social networks into the dashboard display. The activities can be filtered into various streams, and the streams can be arranged across different tabs.||The user can preview their feed before posting, and you can create an Instagram aesthetic.|
|Usability||Hootsuite is an easy-to-use platform. It has a program with a simple design and accessible tools providing users with the best experience.||It has a modern interface with in-built tutorials. It has excellent and straightforward for any first-time user.|
|Marketing Campaign||It does not have a separate tool.||Later offers you Linkin. Bio to create a market campaign.|
|Content Scheduling||Content will be published automatically||Have to download the later app since it does not have an auto-publish feature for Instagram stories.|
What is Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is a Social media managing tool that helps you keep track of or manage all your social networking apps from one platform.
Hootsuite helps the community manager plan the social media strategy, schedule, and gather data. Even the social media team can check the activities and interact with users.
You can manage your messages and comments and easily schedule your post for any social media account. You do not have to waste your time and log in to multiple reports from this tool.
It makes things easier for you in your professional field in an era where your brand and business are all about the digital world.
Since social media has changed its algorithm – organic reach is not only something the user will need.
The ads need to be “boost” to get a good amount of reach. With Hootsuite, you can do it automatically.
Hootsuite has one more feature called “Stream.” With the help of Streams on Hootsuite, you can see the constant feed of your social media account and check your mention so that you can reply to them quickly.
What is Later?
Since you have a brand and you are using social media to promote or create awareness about I,t – the social media managing tool Later can be another tool that can be useful for you.
Later, you can schedule your posts or stories on any social media app. The user of this social media management tool will also have the option of posting everything manually from the Later mobile app.
t has a feature of Drag-and-drop posting and a hashtag suggestion tool; you can check the performance reports for your posts and stories.
The Later began with managing only Instagram accounts, but then it developed and covered many more social media apps. Later is what one can mostly use for Instagram.
Because it can curate your Instagram feed, helps you build better strategies for your Instagram, and helps you get better engagement.
Later offers you a simple and efficient service per your client’s needs. Later works in such a way that it learns when your followers are most engaged with your website so that you can understand the best time to post and maintain your organic reach.
It has a comprehensive and detailed dashboard for analytics. In such a dashboard, you can view your number of followers, interactions, and growth rate percentage.
Main Differences Between Hootsuite and Later
- Hootsuite supports more social networks than Later, which have more users than Later.
- Later has the feature of Link. Bio. Promoting your business on Instagram can be helpful as you can add links to any of your Instagram posts, which you will publish through the tool – Later.
- The signup procedure in Hootsuite is complicated because it asks for your payment detail first. You can take the 30 days free trial plan, but the user has to put the details of their credit/debit card.
- Whereas the process in Later is simple without such conditions.
- The user interface is not straightforward in Hootsuite because it offers you more services in a single dashboard, and it becomes a bit complicated for the user to add and use various accounts on a single dashboard.
- Still, in Later, the interface is appealing, modern, and easy to use.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.