Although TweetDeck was created to offer multiple integrations, the interface was modified into an exclusive dashboard for managing Twitter accounts after its acquisition by Twitter.
The social media management options with TweetDeck are limited and may not be suitable for users seeking to integrate other platforms. HootSuite provides a more extensive list of integrations that can benefit the user.
- Hootsuite is a social media management tool supporting multiple platforms, whereas TweetDeck is specifically for managing Twitter accounts.
- Hootsuite offers advanced features like analytics and team collaboration, while TweetDeck is more streamlined and user-friendly.
- Hootsuite requires a paid subscription for full functionality, but TweetDeck is free.
HootSuite vs TweetDeck
Hootsuite is a comprehensive social media management platform that supports many social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Tweetdeck is a Twitter-specific tool that allows users to monitor and manage multiple Twitter accounts in one place.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
It is an apt platform for Twitter management. However, HootSuite offers integrations with Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, and other essential platforms.
|Parameters of Comparison||HootSuite||TweetDeck|
|Social Media Profile Integrations||HootSuite offers a vast list of integrations for the user. Social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and others can be integrated with the HootSuite dashboard.||TweetDeck offers social media management for only Twitter accounts. The platform used to offer more integrations, but since it acquired it, it functions exclusively for Twitter accounts.|
|Suitability of Usage||HootSuite is best suited for small businesses that want to manage multiple, diverse social media platforms simultaneously.||TweetDeck is more suitable for businesses seeking to manage their Twitter accounts solely.|
|Price||HootSuite has a free trial version of the app. It also offers 4 paid plans with enhanced features for users to enjoy.||TweetDeck is a holistically free platform. The platform offers no paid plans.|
|Customer Support||HootSuite offers customers email support along with other channels of support. It also has a customer forum to raise issues and get quick replies.||TweetDeck does not offer email support for customers. It offers training and tutorial videos as support measures, but email support is absent from customer care provisions.|
|Free Version Offerings||The free version of HootSuite offers the user 3 social media profile integrations.||TweetDeck has no paid plans. Thus, it offers all its features completely free of cost.|
What is Hootsuite?
HootSuite is a social media management platform that helps users manage their online profiles with an added sense of ease. The Vancouver-based company provides users with a robust analytics system and content management system.
The added features offered by HootSuite include social media monitoring for the client, multi-user collaborations, multi-account management, automated publishing, and others. HootSuite has a web app to make the platform more easily accessible.
The most striking offering of the brand is that it allows the user a diverse list of social media integrations. Users can link their Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other accounts with the platform.
Its integrated dashboard has columns and pop-up notifications that allow users to easily track all their social media activities through a single platform.
However, this plethora of integrations can only be accessed with a paid subscription. The platform’s free version allows users to integrate only 3 social media profiles.
What is TweetDeck?
TweetDeck is another favourable option available within social media management dashboards. TweetDeck is a free platform apt for managing the user’s Twitter profiles. The app improves the functionality and organization of the user’s multiple Twitter accounts.
It offers very limited social media integrations and caters mainly to Twitter accounts. This circumscribes the usage of the platform to a considerable level. However, when TweetDeck was conceptualized, other popular social media platforms like Facebook could be integrated.
This change in the list of TweetDeck integrations happened after the independent platform was acquired by Twitter Inc. and integrated into the Twitter interface.
The TweetDeck dashboard has multiple columns that display the user’s activity from his various Twitter accounts. The user can also customize the TweetDeck dashboard. This allows the user to alter its layout and notification features according to his needs.
Main Differences Between HootSuite and TweetDeck
- The main difference between HootSuite and TweetDeck is that while HootSuite offers a much more extensive list of social media profile integrations, TweetDeck can only manage one’s Twitter accounts. Integrations with WordPress, Vimeo, Google+, UberFlip, and many other platforms are offered by HootSuite. Thus, HootSuite offers the user more social media management options than TweetDeck.
- TweetDeck is a free application, while HootSuite has free and paid versions. It has 4 comprehensive pricing plans for the user to choose from.
- HootSuite offers email support to customers, which is absent in the case of TweetDeck. HootSuite also has a community forum for customers to raise issues and get quick solutions.
- TweetDeck and HootSuite are quite different in suitability for their niche target audiences. TweetDeck is better suited for individuals and small businesses who want a free tool oriented towards Twitter management. Contrarily, HootSuite is suitable for small businesses that want to manage various divergent networks.
- The free version offerings of both platforms differ. HootSuite allows users to access only 3 social media accounts with its free version. The paid plans come with more features and access options.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.