When it comes to Social Media, every individual has a goal of perfection for presenting themselves on a digital platform. And many time individual needs help from others to manage their digital presence in a particular way because individually it can become tough to handle social media pages which are more than one at a time.
So to handle social media pages and their presence, we need strong management tools. Hootsuite and Sprout Social are those social media management tools that handle multiple social media networks without hassle.
Hootsuite vs Sprout Social
The difference between Hootsuite and Sprout Social is that Hootsuite lets you schedule your 50 posts at the same time whereas Sprout Social lets you schedule the same message on different multiple days and letting you free out of the hassle of scheduling every post individually as per your days.
Comparison Table Between Hootsuite and Sprout Social
|Parameters of Comparison||Hootsuite||Sprout Social|
|Style of Dashboard||Hootsuite allows you to build slides from different social media at one dashboard itself and to edit what you want to schedule.||Sprout Social allows you to build your different social media slides in a multi-columnar page in one feed.|
|Scheduling||Hootsuite lets you schedule your posts kind of 50 in number at a time.||Sprout Social lets you schedule your posts in multiple days.|
|Collaborations||Hootsuite’s collaboration is based on one choice of these three: default, admin, and super admin.||Sprout Social’s collaboration is based on assigning tasks to the team or one person and tasks are divided into support, general, and sales lead.|
|Reporting||Hootsuite report divided your feed’s review into 4 different styles which are: followers, posts, metrics, and engagement.||Sprout Social also has similar features but they have types of a report like custom reports, task performance reports, group reports, basic reports, and team productivity reports.|
|Key Feature||Hootsuite is known for its reporting efforts.||Sprout Social is known for its social CRM and discovery of the audience.|
|Founded on||Hootsuite was founded in the year 2008.||Sprout Social was founded in the year 2010.|
What is Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is a social media management service that was created by Ryan Holmes in Vancouver which is in British Columbia, Canada, and later David Tedman and Dario Meli were also engraved on the list of names of the founders of Hootsuite.
The CEO of Hootsuite is Tom Keiser and the total number of employees working as in count of the year 2019 is approximately 1504 in numbers. The number of users of Hootsuite as of the year 2018 is approximately 16 million. Hootsuite was launched in December month in the year 2008 approximately 12 years ago.
Pros of Hootsuite are:
- Hootsuite offers a single dashboard for multi-pages management of different social media pages at once.
- Hootsuite also offers social media apps to connect with different social media networking.
- Hootsuite also offers web browsers and mobile apps with the permit of sharing content from the web easily.
Cons of Hootsuite are:
- The reporting analytics are expensive of Hootsuite.
- Hootsuite doesn’t unite with 3rd party URL shorteners which makes it tough for the users.
What is Sprout Social?
Sprout Social is known as the best option for medium to large businesses because of its multiple users within a social media management team as well as with few social media accounts per platform.
Sprout Special is known for its social media management tools, reporting, and posting features. Sprout Social has a very friendly user interface which makes it more attractive as social media management tools.
Pros of Sprout Social are:
- Sprout Social has a lot of features to work with.
- The interface of Sprout Social is beautiful and intuitive.
- The feature of Social CRM of Sprout Social is the highlight of this service.
- Sprout Social has a smart inbox.
- The customer support of Sprout Social can be stated as excellent.
Cons of Sprout Social are :
- Sprout Social lets you schedule your content but does not offer more advanced features.
- Small business owners may find Sprout Social a bit out of the league as per the high stakes on price.
Main Differences Between Hootsuite and Sprout Social
- Hootsuite supports social media platforms namely Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, Pinterest, Instagram, and WordPress whereas Sprout Social supports social media platforms namely Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger.
- Hootsuite has a clustered interface whereas Sprout Social has a more simple and modern interface.
- Hootsuite lets you schedule and publishes your content and even lets you respond to generate content outside the platform whereas Sprout Social lets you schedule and publishes your content and even lets you first comment on the Instagram posts.
- Hootsuite has 100+ integrations whereas Sprout Social has very few integrations.
- Hootsuite gives you sentiment analysis and also an overview of all your social media performances whereas Sprout Social has a wide range of reports for competitive strategies.
- Hootsuite has a limited free plan and affordable plans with price whereas Sprout Social has a 30-day free trial and more than 4x compared to Hootsuite’s Pro’s pricing.
Hootsuite has an extensive list of social media integrations. Hootsuite App Discovery Store has more than 150 apps. Also, a free version of Hootsuite is available. But the lower-tier packages of Hootsuite are very limited in number. Compare to Hootsuite’s services there are more effective tools for collaboration and social listening. Hootsuite also lacks advanced automation capabilities.
Sprout Social is known as a user-friendly and features packaged interface. Sprout Social also has a wide range of reporting options. Sprout Social effective collaborations and also automation capabilities. But cost escalates easily for large account teams. Advanced features are only available if we pay for expensive subscriptions.
When it comes to Youtube, Sprout Social has very limited integration.
Both of the platforms allow you to manage your social media feeds with extra offers and analysis and much more. Choosing one out of them depends totally upon what you want out of them.
Table of Contents