Regarding Social Media, every individual has a goal of perfection for presenting themselves on a digital platform.
And often, individuals need help from others to manage their digital presence in a particular way because, individually, it can become tough to handle social media pages more than once at a time.
So to handle social media pages and their presence, we need robust management tools. Hootsuite and Sprout Social are those social media management tools that handle multiple social media networks hassle-free.
- Hootsuite is a social media management tool that schedules and publishes content across different social media platforms. At the same time, Sprout Social is more focused on social media analytics and reporting.
- Hootsuite offers many features and integrations, while Sprout Social offers more in-depth analytics and social listening capabilities.
- Hootsuite is more suited for small to medium-sized businesses, while Sprout Social is better for larger businesses and enterprises.
Hootsuite vs Sprout Social
Hootsuite is a comprehensive social media management platform that allows users to manage multiple social media accounts from a single dashboard. Sprout Social is also a social media management platform, but it is focused on helping businesses build stronger relationships with their customers.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameters of Comparison||Hootsuite||Sprout Social|
|Style of Dashboard||Hootsuite allows you to build slides from different social media at one dashboard itself and to edit what you want to schedule.||Sprout Social allows you to build your different social media slides in a multi-columnar page in one feed.|
|Scheduling||Hootsuite lets you schedule your posts, kind of 50 in number at a time.||Sprout Social lets you schedule your posts in multiple days.|
|Collaborations||Hootsuite’s collaboration is based on one choice: default, admin, and super admin.||Sprout Social’s collaboration is based on assigning tasks to the team or one person, divided into support, general, and sales lead.|
|Reporting||The Hootsuite report divides your feed’s review into 4 styles: followers, posts, metrics, and engagement.||Sprout Social also has similar features but has types of reports like custom reports, task performance reports, group reports, basic reports, and team productivity reports.|
|Key Feature||Hootsuite is known for its reporting efforts.||Sprout Social is known for its social CRM and discovery of the audience.|
|Founded on||Hootsuite was founded in the year 2008.||Sprout Social was founded in the year 2010.|
What is Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is a social media management service Ryan Holmes created in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and later David Tedman and Dario Meli were engraved on the founders of Hootsuite.
The CEO of Hootsuite is Tom Keiser and the total number of employees working as in the year 2019 is approximately 1504. The number of users of Hootsuite as of the year 2018 is approximately 16 million.
Hootsuite was launched in December 2008, approximately 12 years ago.
Pros of Hootsuite are:
- Hootsuite offers a single dashboard for multi-page management of different social media pages simultaneously.
- Hootsuite also offers social media apps to connect with different social media networking.
- Hootsuite also offers web browsers and mobile apps that permit sharing content from the web easily.
Cons of Hootsuite are:
- The reporting analytics are expensive for Hootsuite.
- Hootsuite doesn’t unite with 3rd party URL shorteners, making it tough for the users.
What is Sprout Social?
Sprout Social is the best option for medium to large businesses because of its multiple users within a social media management team and with few social media accounts per platform.
Sprout Special is known for its social media management tools, reporting, and posting features. Sprout Social has a very friendly user interface, making it more attractive as a social media management tool.
Pros of Sprout Social are:
- Sprout Social has a lot of features to work with.
- The interface of Sprout Social is beautiful and intuitive.
- The feature of the Social CRM of Sprout Social is the highlight of this service.
- Sprout Social has a smart inbox.
- The customer support of Sprout Social can be stated as excellent.
Cons of Sprout Social are :
- Sprout Social lets you schedule your content but does not offer more advanced features.
- Small business owners may find Sprout Social a bit out of the league as per the high stakes on price.
Main Differences Between Hootsuite and Sprout Social
- Hootsuite supports social media platforms, namely Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, Pinterest, Instagram, and WordPress, whereas Sprout Social supports social media platforms, namely Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger.
- Hootsuite has a clustered interface, whereas Sprout Social has a simpler and more modern one.
- Hootsuite lets you schedule and publishes your content and even lets you respond to generate content outside the platform. In contrast, Sprout Social lets you schedule and publishes your content and even lets you first comment on Instagram posts.
- Hootsuite has 100+ integrations, whereas Sprout Social has very few integrations.
- Hootsuite gives you sentiment analysis and an overview of all your social media performances, whereas Sprout Social has a wide range of reports for competitive strategies.
- Hootsuite has limited free and affordable plans with price, whereas Sprout Social has a 30-day free trial and more than 4x compared to Hootsuite’s Pro’s pricing.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.