In this digital era, where technology is always progressing from time to time, new devices are coming up in the markets.
One of these devices is the smart home speaker. They use artificial intelligence that is equipped with a voice-based virtual assistant.
- Google Home is a voice-activated smart speaker that utilizes Google Assistant to perform various tasks and control smart devices; Google Home Mini is a smaller, more affordable version of the same machine.
- Google Home has a larger speaker and more advanced microphone array, allowing for higher-quality sound and improved voice recognition; Google Home Mini has a smaller speaker but still offers high-quality voice recognition.
- Google Home has a touch-sensitive top panel for manual controls; Google Home Mini has a physical switch to turn off the microphone for privacy.
Google Home vs. Google Home Mini
The difference between Google Home and Google Home Mini is that the Google Home is a regular size vase-shaped speaker while the Google Home Mini is a miniature pebble-shaped version of the Google Home.
Both Google Home and Google Home Mini look the same as any other speakers but can do more than play music; they can control anything in the house that is compatible with just a voice command you give.
Due to the smaller size of the Google Home Mini, it is quite portable and is a smart choice to place in any room where you would need a voice assistant.
The design of Google Home makes it stand out more than the Google Home Mini as it has a vase-like structure.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Google Home Mini
|Design and size
|Google Home is an average size vase-like voice based smart home speaker with a Google assistant.
|Google Home Mini is a miniature version of Google Home, which is pebble-like, with fewer whistles and bells.
|Google Home features colored LEDs on the device to show the status of the device.
|Google Home Mini features red, green, and blue LEDs in a white hue to show its status.
|The mute button in the Google Home is placed at the back of the device.
|Instead of a mute button, the Google Home Mini has a mute switch that disables the microphones.
|A coaxial DC power jack is used to charge the Google Home.
|The Google Home Mini uses a Micro-USB port to charge itself.
|The Google Home has a rich bass and clearer sound to offer an experience like a studio sound.
|The Google Home Mini has less sound quality than the Google Home.
What is Google Home?
The Google Home is a smart voice-based speaker with your own Google assistant that listens to you, communicates with you, and does all the stuff you ask for besides just playing music.
It is a smart choice that you can add to your smart home.
It acts like an intelligent and extremely versatile control center for your home. It can play music from any website or app, but if you have any smart gadgets, Google Home will control them all.
To explain in simple terms, it’s a personal virtual assistant in a portable Wi-Fi speaker with the knowledge and smarts of Google Assistant. To activate it, all you need to speak is, “Ok, Google.”
It does almost everything from booking flights to telling you about the weather, your schedule, and much more.
What is Google Home Mini?
The Google Home Mini is a miniature version of the Google Home. It is also cheaper than the Google Home. It is not as smart as the Google Home but has all the features you want in a smart speaker.
It is shaped like a pebble and is incredibly small compared to a vase-like Google Home. It has two far-field microphones on its top that help it recognize the user’s voice even with many background noises.
As it has a Google assistant, it can also control all your smart devices in your home.
Though the sound quality is not as good as the Google Home, it is still an excellent device to assist you. It can do all the things a Google Home can.
Main Differences Between Google Home and Google Home Mini
- Google Home is an average size vase-like voice-based smart home speaker with a Google assistant, whereas Google Home Mini is a miniature version of Google Home, which is pebble-like shaped and has fewer whistles and bells.
- Google Home features colored LED lights on the device to show its status, while Google Home Mini features red, green, and blue LED lights in a white hue to show the device’s status.
- The Google Home provides a rich bass and clearer sound quality that offers an experience like a studio sound, whereas the Google Home Mini does not have a better sound quality than the Google Home.
- The method of charging the Google Home is through a coaxial DC power jack, while the Google Home Mini method is through a Micro-USB port.
- The mute button in the Google Home is placed at the back of the device, whereas the Google Home Mini does not have a mute button. Instead, it has a mute switch.
Last Updated : 11 June, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.