Gradually with time, new technologies and gadgets get introduced to the global market. The impulsive competition between multimillionaire technology companies keeps on increasing with each passing month and year.
Many companies have built their Bluetooth devices that eventually work on the voice command and let their users access anything and anywhere. For example – Apple launched HomePod, Amazon launched Echo, Google have launched Home.
Google Home vs Amazon Echo
The difference between Google Home and Amazon Echo is that the voice assistant command used in the Bluetooth device is of both male and female. The user can give a command to the device in multiple ways that are ‘Hey Google’, ‘Okay Boo Boo’, and ‘Okay Google’. While comparatively, on the other hand, the voice assistant in Amazon Echo has a female voice, and the device can listen to commands in four different ways that are by using the following words – ‘Computer’, ‘Amazon’, ‘Alexa’, and ‘Echo’.
Google Home is a BlueTooth device that allows its users to control various gadgets, music systems, accessing videos and photos by simply using their voice.
The product was launched by the Google company, and after some time, the company changed the name of the device to ‘Google Nest’. The price of the device is quite low and is easily available to everyone around the globe.
Amazon Echo is also a BlueTooth device and provides various features to its customers.
The device is also categorized among smart speakers and allows – to play a song, audiobooks, can operate videos and photos, set alarms, make to-do lists, also gives daily updates on news, weather, traffic, etc.
the device was released by Amazon in the year 2016 and ever since it is popular among customers.
|Parameters of Comparison||Google Home||Amazon Echo|
|Appearance||In a wine glass appearance and the upper half is made of hard plastic.||In a cylindrical shape with grille all over the device.|
|Sound Quality||Loud, clear with bass||Natural, clear, and bass is absent|
|Streaming Platforms||Pandora, YouTube, Google Play Music, and Spotify||Spotify, YouTube, Pandora, Prime Music, Audible, Amazon Music Unlimited, iHeartRadio, TuneIn|
|Voice Commands||Hey Google, Okay Google, Okay Boo Boo||Amazon, Computer, Alexa, Echo|
What is Google Home?
Google Home is a device that was manufactured and launched by Google in the year November 2016. The device works based on listening to the voice commands of its users.
The device gets activated and is operated via Google Assistant. The different commands used by the user to give directions are – Hey Google, Okay Google, Okay Boo Boo.
The appearance of the device is similar to a wine glass. The body is designed in such a way that the upper half of it is made out of a plastic body and the rest part contains a grille all over it.
The device comes in many attractive colours and look.
The features offered by it are – to control various gadgets, music systems, accessing videos and photos by simply using their voice.
The streaming platforms collaborated with the device are quite limited and are – YouTube, Spotify, Google Play Music, Pandora.
The sound quality of the system is very loud and clear, having bass, and the response time of the device for any command is fast. The overall price of the BlueTooth system is cheap.
What is Amazon Echo?
Amazon Echo is also a BlueTooth device that was manufactured and launched by the Amazon company in the year November 2016. The system is designed in such a way that it works on the voice command of its users.
The different voice commands through which the device can be activated are – Amazon, Computer, Alexa, Echo, and the responded voice is of a female.
The appearance of the device is in a cylindrical shape that contains a grille all over the body, and on top of that, there is a ring that, after activating, turns blue. The speaker of the device is located in the upper half.
The device comes in different shapes and sizes, although usually, it is large if compared to Google Home.
The varied features offered by the device include – the capability of playing a song, audiobooks, operating videos and photos, setting alarms, making to-do lists, also giving daily updates on news, weather, traffic, etc.
The device has collaborated with numerous streaming platforms such as – Spotify, YouTube, Pandora, Prime Music, Audible, Amazon Music Unlimited, iHeartRadio, TuneIn.
The sound quality offered by the device is natural, clear but lacks bass in it. The response time of the device to any command is slow, and the overall price for the device is quite expensive.
Main Differences Between Google Home and Amazon Echo
- The price of the device Google Home is quite low while comparatively, on the other hand, the price for the device Amazon Echo is high.
- The size of the Google Home device is small while comparatively, on the other hand, the size of the device Amazon Echo is quite large.
- The appearance of the Google Home device is more like a wine glass, and the upper half is made out of a plastic body while comparatively, on the other hand, the appearance of the Amazon Echo device is cylindrical, having a grille all over it and the speaker is located in the upper half.
- The quality of sound offered in the device Google Home is much loud and clear with bass while comparatively, on the other hand, the quality of sound offered by Amazon Echo is natural and clear, but the device doesn’t have bass.
- The associated streaming platforms for the device Google Home is quite limited and are – Pandora, YouTube, Google Play Music, and Spotify while comparatively, on the other hand, the associated streaming platforms for Amazon Echo device includes – Spotify, YouTube, Pandora, Prime Music, Audible, Amazon Music Unlimited, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and many more.
- The response time in the Google Home device is fast while comparatively, on the other hand, the response time for Amazon Echo is quite slow.
- The different voice commands used in activating Google Home are – Hey Google, Okay Google, Okay Boo Boo while comparatively, on the other hand, the different voice commands for activating the Amazon Echo device are – Amazon, Computer, Alexa, Echo.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
I am Sandeep Bhandari; I have 20 years of experience in the technology field. I have various technical skills and knowledge in database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about me on my bio page.