It was unlikely to believe a few years ago that online shopping was not as practical and real as it is now. At that time, fax services and phones were the foremost in every transaction for any commodities purchased.
Amazon and its product line aim and evolves to allow consumers to shop online regardless of location. The business continued to provide new offerings and gradually expanded into an online shopping hub.
Amazon and its eBay rival became influential in their online retail landscape.
- Amazon is an online shopping platform that sells various items, while Amazon Prime is a subscription service that provides additional benefits to Amazon customers.
- Amazon Prime offers free two-day shipping on eligible items, access to streaming services, and exclusive discounts, while Amazon does not offer these benefits.
- Amazon Prime subscribers can also access services such as Prime Music, Prime Video, and Prime Reading.
Amazon vs. Amazon Prime
Amazon is an online marketplace offering various products and services, including electronics, books, clothing, and groceries. Amazon Prime is a subscription service offered by Amazon that provides members with additional benefits, such as free shipping, access to streaming of movies, etc.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameters of Comparison||Amazon||Amazon Prime|
|Establishment||Jeff Bezos and Brian Olsavsky established Amazon.com, Inc. on 5th July 1994.||Amazon Prime was owned and established by Amazon.com, Inc. on 2nd February 2005.|
|Type of the Website||It is a public website and firm.||It is a subscription service website.|
|Correlation||It is a parent company of Amazon Prime.||It is a program served by Amazon.com, Inc.|
|Subsidiaries||It has a wide range of many subsidiaries.||It has no subsidiary.|
|Products and Services||Amazon offers many products and services.||Amazon Prime itself is a service provided by Amazon.|
|Registration and Subscription||Amazon registration is free. It does not demand a subscription||In the beginning, Amazon Prime gives a free trial. But after that, it demands a full subscription to enjoy its service.|
|Payment||It only needs to pay while buying its product or service.||It requires a monthly payment for the subscription.|
|Shipping Charges||Amazon applies shipping charges for in-time home delivery.||Amazon Prime applies free shipping charges on any home delivery service.|
|Industries||The industry of Amazon Inc. serves via e-commerce, consumer electronics, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, self-driving cars, and digital distribution services.||The industry of Amazon Prime serves all over the world through internet service.|
|Revenue||In 2019, its revenue was 280.522 Billion US$.||In 2019, its revenue was 19.21 Billion US$.|
|Dependency||Amazon registration is independent.||Amazon Prime subscription is dependent on the use of Amazon.|
|Movies and e-books||It offers to separately buy every item, be it a movie or an e-book.||It offers plenty of movies and e-books free with its subscribing.|
What is Amazon?
Jeff Bezos (President, Chairman, and CEO) and Brian Olsavsky (Senior VP and CFO) established Amazon.com, Inc. on 5th July 1994. This public website was formerly used to know as Cadabra, Inc.
It is a firm that sells a wide range of items from both domestic and abroad markets and deals. In 2019, its revenue was 280.522 Billion US$.
It is a parent company of many other firms and corporations.
- Products: Kindle, Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Fire OS, and Echo.
- Service: Amazon.com, Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Appstore, Amazon Music, Amazon Alexa, and Amazon Web Services.
It has free registration. But its subsidiaries need premium choices to access more facilities. Without a prime subscription, it applies delivery charges.
It serves via e-commerce, consumer electronics, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, self-driving cars, and digital distribution services.
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon has many product offerings for online shopping users. Its service also involves Amazon Prime Subscription.
‘Amazon Prime’ is a subscription service owned and established by Amazon.com, Inc. on 2nd February 2005. In 2019, its revenue was 19.21 Billion US$.
Consumers who have committed to Amazon with high traffic speed and convenience subscribe to it for conventional facilities. The industry of Amazon Prime serves all over the world through internet service.
In the beginning, it provides a free trial service. But after that, it demands a full subscription to enjoy its service. It requires a monthly payment for the subscription.
In return, it offers plenty of movies and e-books free to its subscribers. It also applies free shipping charges on any home delivery service.
Main Differences Between Amazon and Amazon Prime
- Amazon Inc is a public website and firm. On the contrary, Amazon Prime is a subscription service site.
- The former is a parent company. At the same time, the latter is a program offered by Amazon.com Inc.
- Amazon is an umbrella company with many subsidiaries. At the same time, Amazon Prime has no subsidiary.
- The previous offers its own services and product range. At the same time, the succeeding is itself a service.
- Amazon does not demand a subscription. Though, Amazon Prime provides a free trial in the beginning. But it requires a full subscription to enjoy its service.
- Amazon only requires you to pay while buying a product or service. On the other side, its Prime subscription requires a monthly payment.
- Shipping Charges are applied to an Amazon user, whereas a Prime subscriber gets free home delivery.
- Amazon registration is independent. Its prime subscription is dependent on its use of it.
- On Amazon, movies and e-books are purchased separately. So the user needs to pay for it. But prime subscription avails plenty of such costless.
This article has been written by: Supriya Kandekar
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.