It was unlikely to believe a few years ago that online shopping was not as practical and real as now it is. At that time, fax services and phones were the foremost in every transaction for any commodities purchased.
Amazon and its product line aims and evolves to allow the consumers to shop online regardless of the location. The business continued to provide new offerings and gradually expanded into an online shopping hub. Amazon and its e-bay rival became influential in their online retail landscape.
Amazon vs Amazon Prime
The main difference Between Amazon and Amazon Prime is their ways to provide service. Amazon is a public company and site. Whereas Amazon Prime is a subscription service website. Amazon.com Inc. is a parent firm. It is a company that owns many products and services. Amazon Prime is owned and provided by Amazon. A prime subscription itself is a service.
Comparison Table Between Amazon and Amazon Prime
|Parameters of Comparison||Amazon||Amazon Prime|
|Establishment||Jeff Bezos and Brian Olsavsky established Amazon.com, Inc. on 5th July 1994.||Amazon prime is owned and established by Amazon.com, Inc. on 2nd February 2005.|
|Type of the Website||It is a public website and firm.||It is a subscription service website.|
|Correlation||It is a parent company of Amazon Prime.||It is a program served by Amazon.com, Inc.|
|Subsidiaries||It has a wide range of many subsidiaries.||It has no subsidiary.|
|Products and Services||Amazon offers many products and services.||Amazon Prime itself is a service provided by Amazon.|
|Registration and Subscription||Amazon registration is free. It does not demand a subscription||In the beginning, Amazon Prime gives a free trial. But after that, it demands a full subscription to enjoy its service.|
|Payment||It only needs to pay while buying its product or service.||It requires a monthly payment for the subscription.|
|Shipping Charges||Amazon applies shipping charges for in time home delivery.||Amazon prime applies free shipping charges on any home delivery service.|
|Industries||The industry of Amazon Inc. serves via e-commerce, consumer electronics, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, self-driving cars, and digital distribution services.||The industry of Amazon prime serves all over the world through internet service.|
|Revenue||In 2019, its revenue was 280.522 Billion US$.||In 2019, its revenue was 19.21 Billion US$.|
|Dependency||Amazon registration is independent.||Amazon prime subscription is dependent on the use of Amazon.|
|Movies and e-books||It offers to separately buy every item, be it a movie or an e-book.||It offers plenty of movies and e-books free with its subscribing.|
What is Amazon?
Jeff Bezos (President, Chairman, and CEO) and Brian Olsavsky (Senior VP and CFO) established Amazon.com, Inc. on 5th July 1994. This public website formerly used to known as Cadabra, Inc. It is a firm that sells a wide range of items, from both domestic and abroad markets and deals. In 2019, its revenue was 280.522 Billion US$.
It is a parent company of many other firms and corporations.
- Products: Kindle, Fire TV, Fire Tablet, Fire OS, and Echo.
- Service: Amazon.com, Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Appstore, Amazon Music, Amazon Alexa, and Amazon Web Services.
It has free registration. But its subsidiaries need premium choices to access more facilities. Without a prime subscription, it applies delivery charges. It serves via e-commerce, consumer electronics, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, self-driving cars, and digital distribution services.
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon has many product offerings for online shopping users. Its service also involves Amazon Prime Subscription. ‘Amazon Prime’ is a subscription service owned and established by Amazon.com, Inc. on 2nd February 2005. In 2019, its revenue was 19.21 Billion US$.
Consumers who have committed to Amazon with high traffic speed and convenience subscribe to it for conventional facilities. The industry of Amazon prime serves all over the world through internet service.
In the beginning, it provides a free trial service. But after that, it demands a full subscription to enjoy its service. It requires a monthly payment for the subscription. In return, it offers plenty of movies and e-books free to its subscribers. It also applies free shipping charges on any home delivery service.
Main Differences Between Amazon and Amazon Prime
- Amazon Inc is a public website and firm. On the contrary, Amazon Prime is a subscription service site.
- The former is a parent company. While the latter is a program offered by Amazon.com Inc.
- Amazon is the umbrella company of many subsidiaries. Whereas Amazon Prime has no subsidiary.
- The previous offers its own services and product range. While the succeeding is itself a service.
- Amazon does not demand a subscription. Though, Amazon Prime provides a free trial in the beginning. But it requires a full subscription to enjoy its service.
- Amazon only requires to pay while buying a product or service. On the other side, its Prime subscription requires a monthly payment.
- Shipping Charges are applied to an amazon user, whereas a prime subscriber gets free home delivery.
- Amazon registration is independent. Its prime subscription is dependent on the use of it.
- On Amazon, movies and e-books are separately purchased. So the user needs to pay for it. But prime subscription avails plenty of such costless.
Amazon provides many product offerings. That includes Amazon Prime Subscription too. But they both differ because of the services they provide. Amazon is a public site and a company. Amazon Prime is a subscription service website.
Amazon.com Inc. is a parent firm. It is a company that owns many products and services. Whereas Amazon Prime is owned and provided by Amazon. A prime subscription itself is a service.
This Article has been written by: Supriya Kandekar