Not every person in the world likes to drink milk. The reason behind this could be anything from its fragrance to taste.
Both of them are consumed in large quantities on a daily basis in different parts of the world. Both of them are very similar in terms of appearance, texture, and taste.
Yogurt vs Curd
The difference between Yogurt and Curd is in the type of milk they are prepared from. Curd is only prepared from the animal’s milk, whereas Yogurt can be made from animals as well as nuts, almonds, soy milk, etc. they also differ in protein, carbohydrate, calories, fats, vitamins, and minerals content. Both of them also are different in terms of their tastes, while yogurt has a sweet taste while curd has more tanginess in it.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Yogurt is prepared with the bacteria called yogurt culture by fermenting with milk. It can be of both thick and thin consistency.
Curd is a product made from the process of curdling by coagulating the milk through the addition of any acidic substance in milk.
|Parameters of Comparison||Yogurt||Curd|
|Proteins (100gms)||3 grams||11 grams|
|Fat content||High fat||Low in fat|
|Taste||More tangy and sour||Less sour|
|Calorie content||Low in calorie||High in calories|
|Alternative forms||Swiss-style yogurt, fruit-flavored yogurt, etc.||Buttermilk, and chaas, etc.|
What is Yogurt?
Yogurt is a dairy product made with the process of fermentation of milk. Some of them contain active bacteria that are beneficial for the health.
Different types of yogurt include:
- Low fat: it is made without skim milk.
- Kefir: it is liquid and contains probiotics.
- Greek yogurt: thick in consistency, high in nutritional value, can withstand heat, creamy in texture.
- Skyr: require 4 times of milk and is creamy, rich in protein, and has a thick consistency.
- Frozen yogurt: similar or an alternative to ice cream.
- Non-diary yogurt: it is made from almond milk or soy milk.
- Probiotics: they are active bacteria that are healthy for the body as they result in terminating various bacteria that might harm the body.
- Calcium: yogurt is a rich source of calcium that helps in developing bones stronger and making teeth healthy. It also helps in reducing any disease that might cause due by a lack of calcium in the body.
- Lactose intolerance: some types of yogurts are less in the level of lactose intolerance. Therefore people suffering from lactose intolerance and avoids milk or dairy products can consume yogurt.
What is Curd?
Curd is made from animal milk and is eaten worldwide from birth as it has several benefits. When it comes to nutrition, it is indeed a great product.
Benefits of curd:
- Stronger teeth and bones: as curd is rich in calcium along with phosphorus, it helps in making teeth and bones stronger.
- Improves Immunity: it contains microorganisms that are beneficial for the body. It boosts the production of white cells that helps in fighting the harmful bacteria in the body.
- Works as a home remedy: curd is excellent home remedy use for skin and hair. It is mixed with several other ingredients for smooth and problem-free skin and healthy hair growth.
Main Differences Between Yogurt and Curd
- When compared in carbohydrate content, yogurt has high carbohydrate content in it as compared to curd that relatively contains low carbohydrate content.
- Yogurt is also considered to be a better option for minerals and vitamins when compared with curd.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.