Zscaler and Cisco Umbrella both are considered internet security solutions that protect the integrity of user data and also protect their personal information.
In the internet world, it is quite difficult to protect user’s information from malware and other third parties that may damage the device. Zscaler and Cisco Umbrella are majorly used by the enterprise-level organization and vary in some offering and features.
Zscaler vs Cisco Umbrella
The difference between Zscaler and Cisco Umbrella is that Zscaler is a relatively simpler cloud-based web gateway that protects users from online threats. It is user-friendly and easy to implement. Zscaler’s deployment is an easy process and will take a few hours. Website filtering is one of the best things related to the internet access of this product. On the contrary, Cisco Umbrella is also a cloud-based web security portal that is used by the enterprise or organization level for the security or safety of their businesses. For safe browsing, the Cisco umbrella provides real-time visibility of the devices.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Zscaler is a cloud-based service that is used as a web protector and secures data and personal information from harmful online threats. It defends the users against hackers, malware, harmful third-party sites, anti-spam functions, etc.
This company was founded in the year 2008, and its headquarter is situated in San Jose, United States. Zscaler is an effective solution that can be used by mid-sized organizations or enterprises, Governments, and healthcare.
Cisco Umbrella is also a security gateway that is effectively used for the security of businesses. Founded in 1984, Cisco Umbrella provides real-time visibility to make sure that there would be safe and secured browsing.
This solution is suitable for mid-sized organizations or enterprises, education, MSP, and guest wifi.
|Parameters of Comparison||Zscaler||Cisco Umbrella|
|What is it?||Zscaler is a cloud-based service that is used as a web protector and secures data and personal information from harmful online threats||Cisco Umbrella is also a security gateway used effectively for the security of businesses.|
|Audience||It is majorly used by mid-sized organizations or enterprises, Governments and healthcare.||It is used by mid-sized organizations or enterprises, education, MSP, and guest wifi.|
|Founder||Jay Chaudhry||David Ulevitch|
|Deployment||Cloud||Cloud via DNS resolution|
What is Zscaler?
While surfing the internet or working on a browser, there are some third-party or malicious sites that may affect the information and data of the user. These harmful, malicious sites also target businesses.
Zscaler is web security founded in the year 2008 and used by various businesses and individuals to protect or defend themselves from harmful online threats. This platform protects and safeguards the user from phishing, malicious URLs, malware, etc.
Zscaler is an amazing solution that facilitates the user by providing real-time reporting and make sure that the user must have a safe browsing experience.
This web security solution is suitable for Mid-sized companies or organizations who are willing to secure their information and want to have a safe browsing experience.
It is also considered and used by healthcare, government, and enterprises. Zscaler is headquartered in San Jose, California. and comparatively simple to implement.
What is Cisco Umbrella?
Cisco Umbrella is one of the reliable web security tools used by various organizations. Founded in the year 1984, this tremendous internet security solution is also headquartered in San Jose, California.
This platform is stable and offered dependable DNS monitoring, which is convenient for external devices. Cisco Umbrella is an effective and powerful internet security gateway that consequently blocks or prevents harmful malware.
For safe browsing, the user will get real-time visibility to make sure or to recheck the devices on their network. For effective working, users can request rerouting, which offered a better experience without affecting or impacting the performance.
This is a global network that provides cloud deployment via DNS resolution. It is a popular platform used by millions of users worldwide and one of the largest vendors of web security which is DNS-based.
Main Differences Between Zscaler and Cisco Umbrella
- Zscaler and Cisco Umbrella are web security solutions that are used by organizations worldwide. Both of these platforms provide internet security and also provides data protection from various harmful malware and malicious sites. Zscaler was founded in the year 2008. On the contrary, Cisco Umbrella was founded in the year 1984.
- Zscaler and Cisco Umbrella are used by enterprise-level mid-sized organizations. Zscaler is a cloud-based service that is used as a web protector and secures data and personal information from harmful online threats. On the other hand, Cisco Umbrella is also a security gateway used effectively for the security of businesses.
- Zscaler and Cisco Umbrella are the single product internet security solution used by millions of users worldwide to protect themselves from harmful malware, phishing, and malicious sites. Zscaler is suitable for mid-sized organizations or enterprises, Government and healthcare. On the contrary, Cisco Umbrella mid-sized organizations or enterprises, education, MSP, and guest wifi.
- Zscaler and Cisco Umbrella are reliable that offered internet protection solutions to large businesses that generally have complex security needs for their internet gateway. Both of these internet security solutions are headquartered in San Jose, California. Zscaler was founded by Jay Chaudhry. On the contrary, Cisco Umbrella was founded by David Ulevitch.
- Zscaler and Cisco Umbrella are easy and simple to implement and recommended to mid-sized and large organizations or businesses. In the deployment aspect, Zscaler provides cloud deployment, and on the other side, Cisco Umbrella also provides cloud deployment via DNS resolution.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.