When it comes to routing is the process of path selection network traffic or across or between multiple networks.
It can be performed in several network types: computer networks (like the Internet) and circuit-switched networks (like PSTN or public switched telephone networks).
In terms of Cisco routing, it offers intent-based networking for the Cloud, WAN, and LAN.
Cisco network router consists of advanced analytics, automated provisioning, integrated security, and application optimization to deliver a proven and complete solution.
Cisco RV320 and Cisco RV340 are two routers belonging to the RXXXX family of Cisco. In this article, the main focus is on differentiating Cisco RV320 and Cisco RV340.
- Cisco RV320 is a dual WAN VPN router, whereas Cisco RV340 is a more advanced version with increased security features.
- Cisco RV340 offers higher throughput and more VPN tunnels than the RV320.
- Both routers are designed for small businesses and remote offices, but the RV340 provides enhanced performance and security.
Cisco RV320 vs Cisco RV340
CISCO RV340 provides more SSL VPN tunnels for remote access and includes content filtering and web security features, which the RV320 does not have in its model. The RV340 also supports 3G/4G failover using USB modems, which can help maintain connectivity in case of a WAN outage.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
The Cisco RV320 is a desktop router that offers a metal case and has a power supply as external. It is silent because it uses passive cooling. The point on it seems a bit taller than RVXXX family members.
It provides a DDR2 Ram or 256 MB and 64 MB of flash storage.
The Cisco RV340 is a router that links small businesses to the Internet and protects employees from malicious websites and unwanted content without compromising the online experience.
It helps to boost overall network performance and employee productivity by eliminating undesired network traffic.
|Parameters of Comparison||Cisco RV320||Cisco RV340|
|Connectivity type||4G and 3G||4G|
|Launched||On June 24, 2013||On February 21, 2017|
|Certifications||FCC, as per manufacturers||Not specified|
|Bestsellers rank||995 (in routers)||229 (in routers)|
What is Cisco RV320?
The Cisco RV320 is ideal for any small business or office looking for reliability, performance, and security in its network.
It comes with an intuitive user interface and enables you to be up and running in minutes.
The Cisco RV320 offers ethernet WAN ports for business continuity and load balancing. It has strong security with a proven SPI or stateful packet inspection firewall and hardware encryption.
It is an intuitive and browser-based device manager and a setup wizard. It is built in a switch of 4 port Gigabit Ethernet.
The Cisco RV320 has high performance, high capacity, IP security VPN, and SSL capabilities.
It supports the speed of Gigabit Ethernet for external and internal wired connections. It also allows for easy management of large files and concurrent users to keep employees productive.
Out of the box, the Cisco RV320 can be deployed directly and set up wizards, reducing configuration time to simple minutes.
It links remote workers and multiple locations using VPN or setting up individual virtual networks and helps secure sensitive data by access rules.
What is Cisco RV340?
The Cisco RV340 has load balancing and high resiliency for reliable Internet connectivity. Regarding integrated switches, 4- or 16-port is offered to access points from the router and power connect phones.
When the broadband connection is down, it offers high connectivity and reliability.
For all wireless devices, Cisco RV340 offers connectivity.
The Wi-Fi-5 allows it to communicate simultaneously with multiple devices, decreases the time for signal each device has to wait, and dramatically speeds up the wireless network.
The Cisco RV340 prevents employees and their data. It is easy to set up an enterprise class.
For mobile devices, Cisco RV340 is ideal for remote access. It also identifies the kind of connected device and allows setting policies.
While connecting to the Internet, Cisco RV340 enables business security and efficiency. It also allows Internet access policies for applications and end devices to help ensure safety and performance.
One-Click configuration is allowed by Umbrella integration for Cisco umbrella cloud-based web security service.
Main Differences between Cisco RV320 and Cisco RV340
- The ports offered by Cisco RV320 are 4 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 (DMZ, WAN), 2 x USB Type-A and 1 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 (WAN). Meanwhile, the ports offered by Cisco RV340 are 1x Ethernet RJ45 (console), 2 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 (WAN), 4 x 10/100/1000 Mb/s Gigabit Ethernet RJ45, and 2 x 5Gb/s USB Type-A.
- The RFCs offered by Cisco RV320 are RFC 791 and RFC 2460. It also offers supported IEEE standards of 802.3 and 802.3 u. On the flip side, for Cisco RV340 there are no such kinds of standards offered.
- Regarding performance, Cisco RV320 offers 100 Mb/s IPsec VPN and 20 Mb/s SSL VPN with Dual Wan support of failover and load balancing. In contrast, Cisco RV340 offers 33 Mb/s SSL VPN with a Dual WAN support of load balancing.
- Regarding security, Cisco RV320 offers DoS attack prevention security features with an access control list of 50. On the other hand, Cisco RV340 does not come with such kinds of security.
- Cisco RV320 offers a dimension of 8.26 cm, a width as 27.94 cm, and a height as 24.13 cm. Conversely, Cisco RV340 offers a dimension of 27.9 cm, a width of 17.1 cm, and a height is 4.4 cm.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.