Cisco has been a pioneer in the industry of networking software, hardware and various other technical services and products for many years. The company has launched video conferencing systems that have proven to be advantageous for numerous businesses. Cisco Quad Camera and SpeakerTrack are cameras that are installed in these video systems.
- Cisco Quad Camera features four integrated cameras, enabling wide-angle and close-up views, while SpeakerTrack uses two separate cameras that track active speakers.
- Cisco Quad Camera relies on advanced image processing for speaker tracking, whereas SpeakerTrack employs audio triangulation and facial recognition.
- Cisco Quad Camera is compatible with the Cisco Webex Room Panorama, while SpeakerTrack is designed for use with the Cisco TelePresence MX700 and MX800 systems.
Cisco Quad Camera vs SpeakerTrack
The difference between Cisco Quad Camera and SpeakerTrack is that Cisco Quad Camera is a relatively smaller and lightweight device that facilitates a resolution of 5120 X 2880 pixels, whereas SpeakerTrack is a large and heavyweight camera that only facilitates a resolution of 1080 pixels. While Quad Camera is ultra-high definition, SpeakerTrack is only high definition.
Cisco Quad Camera comes with the WebEx Room Kit Plus conference system. It is a 5k Ultra HD camera with 5x digital zoom. The camera has the excellent panning capability and a substantial field of view for medium to large-sized conference rooms. It even has a built-in microphone and speaker.
Meanwhile, SpeakerTrack is a dual-camera device that is compatible with various video systems. It is a high-definition camera with 2x digital zoom. The field of view is not as scalable as the Quad Camera but is still good enough for large rooms. SpeakerTrack has a built-in microphone and speaker as well.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Cisco Quad Camera
|Cisco Quad Camera is smaller with 120mm height, 95mm width and 103mm depth.
|SpeakerTrack is larger with 292mm height, 800mm width and 210mm depth.
|It is lighter, weighing 4.8 kg.
|It is heavier, weighing 11.5 kg.
|It has a 5k ultra-HD resolution.
|It has 1080p60 high-definition resolution.
|It has 5x digital zoom.
|It has 2x digital zoom.
|Field of View
|It has 83 degrees horizontal and 51.5 degrees field of view.
|It has 80 degrees horizontal and 48.8 degrees vertical field of view.
|It does not have a manual focus.
|It has a manual focus.
|It has 2 HDMI connections.
|It has only 1 HDMI connection.
|It has an F-Value of 2.0.
|It has an F-Value of 1.5.
|It is compatible with Cisco WebEx Codec Pro, Codec Plus, and Telepresence SX80 codec.
|It is compatible with all devices such as the former along with Telepresence C90, C60 and C40.
What is Cisco Quad Camera?
Cisco Quad Camera is a device that comes with the WebEx Room Kit Plus. It comes with 5k ultra-HD resolution and 5x digital zoom. A microphone and speaker are integrated into the system, providing a high-quality audio experience. The camera is perfect for medium to large-sized conference rooms that seat up to 14 people. It even comes with a Room Navigator control panel.
The device is lightweight and small, making it easy to move and install. It has a height of 120mm, a width of 95mm and a depth of 103mm. The weight of the camera is 4.8 kg. There are 2 HDMI connections available in its system. However, Cisco Quad Camera is only compatible with Cisco WebEx Codec Pro, Codec Plus, and Telepresence SX80 codec.
Regardless, it has 83 degrees horizontal and 51.5 degrees field of view. This facilitates a good view and panning capability. The camera automatically detects all the participants in the meeting, thereby framing them in a manner that is comfortable to the eye.
The camera even has a noise-suppressing ability. This feature reduces all the unwanted and grainy noises that are made in the background. Moreover, the software of the video system updates on its own.
What is SpeakerTrack?
The Cisco Telepresence SpeakerTrack 60 is a dual-camera system that facilitates a rich video and audio experience for users. The cameras have a 1080p60 resolution and 2x digital zoom. Like Quad Camera, this device also has a built-in speaker and microphone. This is one of its unique selling points.
An active speaker is installed into this system, enabling the camera to display a realistic view without resizing any element. With this, the meetings can flow smoothly as the dual camera instantly tracks all the participants and switches its use. Moreover, there is no delay in video transmission, which allows the people at the other end to watch everything in real-time.
The device is compatible with Cisco WebEx Codec Pro, WebEx Plus, Cisco Telepresence SX80 codec, Telepresence C90 codec, Telepresence C60 Codec and Telepresence C40 Codec. It has 80 degrees horizontal and 48.8 degrees vertical field of view. Furthermore, it has a height of 292mm, a width of 800mm, and a depth of 210mm. The device weighs 11.5 kg.
The design of the camera is heavyweight but still well-mounted. Its industrial architecture allows it to blend into the room without looking too quirky. Moreover, the hardware can even withstand low temperatures and high humidity.
Main differences Between Cisco Quad Camera and SpeakerTrack
- Cisco Quad Camera is smaller, with 120mm height, 95mm width and 103mm depth, whereas SpeakerTrack is relatively larger, with 292mm height, 800mm width and 210mm depth.
- Cisco Quad Camera is lighter, weighing 4.8 kg, whereas SpeakerTrack is lightweight, weighing 11.5 kg.
- Cisco Quad Camera has 5k ultra-HD resolution whereas SpeakerTrack has 1080p60 high-definition resolution.
- Cisco Quad Camera has 5x digital zoom, whereas SpeakerTrack only has 2x digital zoom.
- Cisco Quad Camera has 83 degrees horizontal and 51.5 degrees field of view, whereas SpeakerTrack has 80 degrees horizontal and 48.8 degrees vertical field of view.
- Cisco Quad Camera does not have manual focus, whereas SpeakerTrack has manual focus.
- Cisco Quad Camera has 2 HDMI connections, whereas SpeakerTrack only has one.
- Cisco Quad Camera has an F-Value of 2.0, whereas SpeakerTrack has an F-Value of 1.5.
- Cisco Quad Camera is compatible with Cisco WebEx Codec Pro, Codec Plus, and Telepresence SX80 codec, whereas SpeakerTrack is compatible with more devices.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.