Technology has improved so much nowadays that it is not even important to be in a place to see each other. This has led to making certain events easier.
Table of Contents
For example, if a meeting is needed to be done between people from different places, and they can’t come together, there are applications on which they can do the meeting. Examples of such applications are Cisco Webex, Zoom, and Google Meet, etc.
All of them are used for several purposes, for video calls, online meetings, for online classes, etc. all of them have their respective features and advantages, but the similarity between them is they allowed options such as screen sharing, presentations, etc. to avoid this confusion between them the following are differences between Cisco Webex and Google Meet.
Cisco Webex vs Google Meet
The main difference between Cisco Webex and Google meet is that Google Meet allows a maximum of 16 people on screen at a time, whereas it can be adjusted according to the need in Cisco Webex. Another important difference between both of them is that, for Google Meet, a Google account is necessary, whereas no such account is required in the case of Cisco Webex.
Cisco Webex is a company dealing in video conferencing and web conferencing applications.
It is an American company. Cisco and Webex used to be different companies earlier until 2007 after the acquisition they became one. Its headquarter are in California.
It allows 100000 participants to be a part of the ongoing call. There is a free and paid version of it that offers different plans at different prices. It has the option of blurring the background.
Google Meet is an application or platform developed in Google in 2017 offering video communication services to its users. It can be used on any device, World Wide Web, IOS, Android, PC, etc.,
It allows a maximum of 250 participants in an ongoing call, and the duration of the call is a maximum of 60 minutes or an hour. It comes in paid version as well, offering extra and advanced features such as filtering the background noise, etc.
Comparison Table Between Cisco Webex and Google Meet
|Parameters of Comparison||Cisco Webex||Google Meet|
|Developed by||Cisco Webex Company||Google LLC|
|Number of participants||100000||250|
|Duration||40 minutes||60 minutes|
What is Cisco Webex?
Cisco Webex is a platform used for video conferencing or web conferencing. Anyone can join the meeting with a link directly or with the number provided by the person holding the meeting.
Video can be turned on and off at any time, along with the microphone. It allowed many participants at a time, and paid version of it offers several advanced features such as blurring the background, participants can give presentations, and the call lasts for 40 minutes.
It provides HD quality video with the best or proper internet connection.
Some pros of Cisco Webex:
- It allows transferring of files during the meeting.
- The Assistant can also start the meeting with just his audio command.
- It is easier to join as no pre-made account is not required.
Some cons of Cisco Webex:
- Some features are very slow.
- The sound feature is not best; it keeps breaking in between the call.
- Few features are only allowed to certain places or countries.
What is Google Meet?
Some features of Google Meet are:
- You can turn on and off the camera and mic both as per your need during the call.
- The participants are allowed by a host to enter the meeting. That host can also remove any member of the call at any point of the call.
- There is a feature of noise filter as well.
- The screen of the participants can also be shared by them.
- 16 peoples are visible on screen at a time.
Pros of Google Meet:
- They can be used for group communications.
- More than 100 people can do the video conference at the same time.
- This also provides features such as Screen sharing and recording.
- It is also helpful in tracking the meeting.
- During the meeting, the user can also do private texting with the members using emojis and normal text.
- It also has the feature of subtitles and audio transcripts.
- Affordable than its competitors.
Cons of Google Meet:
- Improvement in the load time can be made.
- Internet availability plays an important role as video and audio disconnect if the internet connection is relatively low.
- Advance features can only be attained by paying.
Main Differences Between Cisco Webex and Google Meet
- Both of these platforms are developed by different companies at different times. Cisco Webex was developed in 2007 after the acquisition of Webex by cisco by the Cisco and Webex Company, whereas late on in 2017, March Google Meet was developed by Google LLC.
- Both of them have several participants in the ongoing call when compared in terms of the number of participants. Cisco Webex has an advantage as it can have 1 lakh members or participants at a time, whereas Google Meet can only have 250 participants.
- In terms of the duration of the call, Google Meet is more advanced as it can be used for extra 20 minutes than Cisco Webex. The call duration of Cisco Webex is only 40 minutes, while a call lasts at least 60 minutes on Google Meet.
- Both of them are available for free as well as there are paid versions of them available. Cisco Webex is quite expensive as the costs of its different plans are comparatively higher as compared to the Google Meet, which is a more affordable option as its plans are relatively cheaper.
- Cisco Webex also has another advantage as it has a feature of blurring the background during the ongoing call, whereas no such background customization feature is available in the Google Meet.
Therefore the user can choose whatever suits them best according to their need; they can be confusing between choosing between all of them due to their similar purpose or use.
It is very easy to use them, simple steps are required, but the most important thing is to download the applications of whichever platform you want to use. After that, the instruction is pretty similar and easier.
These platforms are not limited to meetings only.
They can be used for several purposes, for example, for educations, today students want to attend online classes as they are not comfortable or not able to go to the college/school regularly, or in some cases, there is an institution that is providing online education only.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️