Zoom interface is more user-friendly and simpler to navigate than the Webex interface. Thus, the difference between the two video conferencing platforms can be noted in terms of the ease of conducting meetings through each.
Zoom vs Webex
The difference between Zoom and Webex is that while initiating a meeting is significantly easier through the Zoom interface, it can be an arduous task when one is using the Webex platform. Zoom meetings do not require the novice user to create an account prior to scheduling or attending a meeting.
Zoom meetings can be conducted simply through shared links. While Webex necessitates the creation of an account and its subsequent verification for usage. For the first-time user, this can be a cumbersome task.
Comparison Table Between Zoom and Webex
|Parameters of Comparison||Zoom||Webex|
|Initiating a Call||Initiating calls through Zoom is fast and efficient. A single link can be used to join a meeting without creating a Zoom account.||To initiate a call using Webex one needs to first create an account and verify the same through one’s email account. The process of initiating the first call can be quite tedious.|
|Integrations Allowed||More integrations are offered by Zoom.||Fewer integrations are offered by Webex.|
|Features||More innovative features are included with the most basic plan.||Features are quite limited, especially with the lower-level packages.|
|Meeting Follow-Up||‘Meeting Follow-Up’ feature is present.||‘Meeting Follow-Up’ feature is absent.|
|Meeting Duration on Free Calls||40 minutes.||50 minutes.|
|Video Quality||Zoom offers better HD quality video.||Video quality is comparatively inferior.|
|Email Support||Email support is available.||Email support is not available.|
|Price||More cost-effective and reasonably priced plans.||Costly plans.|
|User-Friendly Interface||Extremely user-friendly interface.||Does not have a very user-friendly interface.|
What is Zoom?
Eric Yuan, the CEO of Zoom founded the platform as a video conferencing tool in 2011. Zoom offers several reasonably priced packages with certain coveted features. Zoom Rooms, group messaging, online meetings, Breakout Rooms are all important features and services offered by the platform.
Offerings like screen sharing, single dashboard management of multiple Zoom Rooms, wireless operations, an interactive whiteboard, etc. have all served to amplify the popularity of the platform. Zoom Webinar feature allows the host to hold online webinars with multiple participants.
Moreover, Zoom offers unmatched integrations for an enhanced user experience. Zoom Phone offers a cloud phone system, which is compatible with both the phone as well as the desktop. Apart from the free trial option, Zoom has four plans available in the market with various features and at very reasonable price points.
What is Webex?
Webex was founded in 1995 as a California-based videoconferencing company. In 2007 it was taken over by the globally renowned brand Cisco. Since then, the platform has embodied novel technological feats. Currently, Webex offers 5 plans at varying price points, with varying inclusive features.
The security settings and reliability of the platform are unmatched. It is a leading choice among enterprises for online meetings, video conferencing, webinars, and screen sharing. Webex’s Enterprise plan is very popular among businesses due to its extensive offerings and customizability. It also allows up to 1000 participants to partake in such Enterprise meetings. The video conferencing features of the platform can be used through its mobile or desktop application.
Although hailed and appraised for its security features, the Webex interface can be cumbersome to navigate. To initiate a Webex meeting, creating an account is an absolute prerequisite. This has made it a less popular choice among customers.
Main Differences Between Zoom and Webex
- The main difference between Zoom and Webex is that Zoom is the more user-friendly platform when the two are compared. A singular link can be used to join a meeting, one does not need to create a zoom account. Alternatively, to join a Webex meeting you need to create an account, verify it with your email account and then use the sign-in option to participate in a meeting. This can be a hassling process, especially when one is in a hurry.
- Another difference between the two platforms is that the former offers more features than the latter. Zoom allows a one-touch feature to join meetings. It also offers features like waiting rooms and watermarks as additional security measures. While Webex requires the user to buy additional products, and features, Zoom consolidates meetings, training SIP calling integration and support into one service.
- Independent tests have tested the video quality of each platform. According to these results, Zoom offers superior HD video quality when compared to Webex.
- Zoom offers more integrations than Webex. Integrations like Microsoft Outlook, ClickUp, Skype, and others are absent from Webex’s integrations offering lists.
- Zoom and Webex provide a variety of plans with a different plethora of features at different price points. Webex provides 5 plans, while Zoom provides 4 plans. Moreover, Zoom plans are more cost-effective than Webex plans.
- Zoom also offers an additional ‘Meeting Follow-Up’ feature, which can be used by businesses to listen to the recorded minutes of the previous meetings. This feature is not offered by Webex.
- Zoom provides email support while Webex does not provide email support.
- The features offered with the free plan of each of these video conferencing platforms is different. The maximum duration of meetings on the free plan is also regulated differently. While Zoom allows 40 minute meetings on free calls, Webex allows meetings that can be up to 50 minutes long.
Zoom and Webex are considered industry standards when discussing video conferencing options. They both offer some coveted features, quality security settings at competitive price points. However, it is possible to often negate the minuscule differences between the two platforms.
Zoom offers HD quality video conferencing packages at unmatched rates with superior features. It is often the first choice for businesses looking to integrate their meetings across multiple platforms. The free Zoom plan has been the go-to option for most medium to large enterprises.
Webex offers equally comparable plans, however with fewer integrations and features. Webex is a trusted choice due to the revered Cisco brand. Reliability has become synonymous with the brand.
The choice between the two video conferencing platforms will be based on the needs of the individual evaluating both. If you need a more user-friendly platform, Zoom is the better option, while if you are heading a start-up and looking for a basic package, then the free Webex plan would be better suited to fulfill your requirements.
Table of Contents