In the contemporary world, there are several shoes available whose main goal is to cover the foot. Oxford, Loafer, Chelsea boots, and Derby are some of the shoes for men.
But in this article, running shoes are highlighted by the same company but with different models. The Nike brand is quite popular among most people.
It is trusted by many for its shoe quality. In this article. Differences between Nike Air Zoom when Winflo 7 and Vomero 14 are mentioned.
Being from the same company but still, several distinctions are highlighted in this article.
- Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 is a neutral running shoe, while Vomero 14 is a cushioned running shoe.
- Air Zoom Winflo 7 is lighter and more affordable than Vomero 14.
- Vomero 14 provides more cushioning and support than Air Zoom Winflo 7.
Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 vs Vomero 14
Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 is a road running shoe by Nike and the seventh version in the line of shoes, designed with increased foam and an upgraded mesh design. Nike Air Zoom Vomero 14 is a high-cushioned neutral trainer and running shoe that was updated from the Vomero 13 shoe to include air cushing.
The brand Nike launched Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 to replace the previous model, namely Nike Air Zoom Winflo 6. The design is lighter and has more cushion compared to the previous model.
The toe box is narrow, which still did not cause any negative problems or concerns during any runs. The brand Nike launched Nike Air Zoom Vomero 14 in November 2018.
This model replaced the previous one, namely, Zoom Vomero 13. Around the Achilles are a sweeping collar design and angled heel strike area.
The weight of Vomero 14 is comparable to that of the Pegasus. It never feels heavy on the feet during the run, even in the rain.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7
|Nike Air Zoom Vomero 14
|10 oz. (283 gr.)
|8.90 oz. (252 gr.)
|Number of colourways
What is Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7?
The Winflo 7 is matured, which means its 7th version got some updates. A new forefoot Zoom Air pod heel with a large design to add a pop on the run.
A new yarn pattern is included with a sleek look as its upper is also redesigned. Winflo 7 feels much more supportive, padded, and structured in the upper and the sole.
From the foot to the cushion, it is wrapped by an insole that protects in all directions and is comfortable straightway. Materials are of good quality and seem durable.
There is an excess foam midsole that aims to make it more responsive, durable, and springier. The slitted pattern all over the Winflo 7 replaced the waffle pattern.
The extension of carbon rubber up the front and the heel gives nothing but unnecessary weight. There is sleek uniform mesh protection, which keeps the foot cool on warmer runs.
It also offers protection in the rain. The tongue and heel have light paddling that did not irritate or rub in any way.
So, for the faster and shorter runs, Winflo 7 would be better.
What is Nike Air Zoom Vomero 14?
The brand Nike gave Vomero 13 updates by launching Vomero 14. The main focus was on impact protection but not on sexy or fast.
Its design makes the air Cushing more evident and provides a feeling of the firm underfoot. The upper of Vomero 14 is also redesigned.
For a 360-degree secure fit, the padded tongue’s bottom half is sewn. There is a foam pod lining the cradle foot to the heel collar.
The Air Zoom Vomero 14 is a grippy, well-cushioned, more responsive shoe. The sole unit is redesigned and includes a streamlined line that feels everywhere.
Compared to 13s, its toe box bases are narrower. The outsole on the lateral side provides a rubber crash, which provides extra cushioning for those with half of their foot land on it.
Top-notch material is used on the upper, which makes it quite breathable and supportive. On the collar, there are cushion pads that feel around the ankle.
They also include a cushioned and breathable lay-flat tongue. The tongue can ruin a shoe, but this one does not.
Main Differences Between Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 and Vomero 14
- Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 can be included in the collection of Nike Air, Nike Air Zoom, and Nike Air Zoom Winflo. But Vomero 14 can be included in the collection of Nike React, Nike Air, Nike Air Zoom, Nike Flywire, and Nike Air Zoom Vomero.
- When it comes to grip, Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 offers poor grip, whereas Vomero 14 provides a good grip on dry and wet surfaces.
- Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 is less responsive and cushioned than Vomero 14. When it comes to pace picking, Vomero 14 is very responsive but lacks forefoot cushion.
- Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 is preferred for the treadmill but not for jogging. On the other hand, Vomero 14 is preferred for jogging but not for the treadmill.
- In terms of width, Nike Air Zoom Winflo 7 provides normal and wide width. On the flip side, Vomero 14 offers normal, wide, and X-Wide width.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.