- Gaming Focus – The G Series is designed for gaming with high-end graphics cards, while the XPS prioritizes portability and aesthetics for professionals.
- Performance – The latest G Series models offer comparable processing power to the XPS lineup, though the XPS offers slightly better benchmark results overall.
- Display – Both offer sharp displays with high resolutions, but the XPS stands out with its near bezel-less InfinityEdge display for a more immersive visual experience.
What is Dell G Series?
Dell G series laptops are the lineup that has been manufactured and designed for the gaming audience. These laptops ensure an affordable gaming experience for all and have a sturdy metal and plastic construction build. It has a high-end AMD processor with 32 GB RAM capacity.
The price range lies from moderate to high. The series has promising battery life with full HD and 4K resolution. The special feature of the series is its gaming software and a red backlit keyboard.
What is Dell XPS Series?
The Dell XPS series is another promising laptop manufactured and designed to target professionals and general audiences. The laptop has cutting-edge technology with sleek metal chassis. They are best known for their lightweight and slim profile.
It also has a high-end AMD processor and a 64 GB RAM capacity. The display options come in both full HD and 4K resolution. The special feature of the series is its superior audio, thunderbolt support, and thin bezels. The price range lies from high to expensive range.
Difference Between Dell G Series and Dell XPS Series
- The target audience for the Dell G series of the company was the gaming audience, while, on the other hand, the target audience for the Dell XPS series of the company are the professionals and the general audience.
- The design of the Dell G series is much more like gaming-inspired aesthetics, while, in contrast, the design of the Dell XPS series has a sleek and premium design.
- The RAM capacity of the Dell G series is up to 32 GB. In contrast, to this, the RAM capacity of the Dell XPS series is up to 64 GB.
- The approximate battery life of the Dell G series lies in the moderate range. While at the same time, the approximate battery life of the Dell XPS series lies in the high range.
- The dimensions of the Dell G series are around 357*272*26.9 mm. Contrastingly, the dimensions of the Dell XPS series are about 344*230*18 mm.
- The approximate weight of the Dell G series is about 2.57 kg, while, on the other hand, the approximate weight of the Dell XPS series is about 2.01 kg.
- The Dell G series laptops don’t have the touchscreen feature, whereas, on the other hand, the Dell XPS series laptops have the touchscreen feature.
- The screen resolution of the Dell G series is about 1920*1080 pixels, whereas, in contrast, the screen resolution of the Dell XPS series is about 3840*2160 pixels.
- The available USB ports in the Dell G series are one USB 2.0 and three USB 3.0. At the same time, the available USB port in Dell XPS series is one USB Type C.
- The storage available in the Dell G series is both SDD and HDD configurations. In contrast, on the other hand, the storage available in the Dell XPS series only has SDD storage.
- The unique features of the Dell G series are – gaming software and a red backlit keyboard. In addition, the unique features of the Dell XPS series are – superior audio, thunderbolt support, and thin bezels.
- The price range lies from moderate to high for the Dell G series, whereas the price range lies from high to expensive for the Dell XPS series.
Comparison Between Dell G Series and Dell XPS Series
|Parameter of Comparison||Dell G Series||Dell XPS Series|
|Target Audience||Gamers audience||Professionals and the general audience|
|Design||Gaming-inspired aesthetics||Sleek and premium design|
|RAM Capacity||32 GB||64 GB|
|Dimensions||357*272*26.9 mm||344*230*18 mm|
|Weight||2.57 kg||2.01 kg|
|Resolution||1920*1080 pixels||3840*2160 pixels|
|USB Ports Available||1 USB 2.0 and 3 USB 3.0||USB Type C|
|Storage||SDD and HDD configurations||SSD only|
|Special Features||Gaming software and red backlit keyboard||Superior audio, thunderbolt support, thin bezels|
|Price Range||Moderate to High||High to Expensive|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.