- Form Factor – The 2-in-1 models can convert between laptop and tablet modes, while the XPS 13 is limited to a traditional laptop form factor.
- Weight – 2-in-1 models weigh slightly more than the XPS 13 due to their convertible design. The XPS 13 is one of the lightest traditional laptops.
- Performance – The XPS 13 offers better performance specifications, including the latest 12th Gen Intel processors versus 11th Gen chips in current 2-in-1 models.
What is Dell 2 In 1?
The Dell 2-in-1 is a hinged laptop whose screen can be flipped around and made into a tablet. This makes it more versatile than a traditional laptop. Users can use different modes depending on their needs.
They come in different models and sizes, such as the Inspiron 14 and the Inspiron 16. The target audience for this is students and other consumers looking for a budget-friendly option with admirable performance and strong battery life.
It has a touchscreen display and a detachable keyboard to use as a tablet. It is also slim and lightweight with a very sleek design.
The size of its RAM can range from 8 GB to 16 GB based on the model, and the storage can go up to 512 GB. It also carries a 12th Gen Intel Core™ i5-1335U processor; some models even have 13th Gen Intel processors.
What is Dell XPS 13?
Dell XPS 13 is a standard clamshell laptop with a 13.4-inch touch-screen display and an 11th Gen Intel core processor. The laptops of this series are sleek, reliable, and customizable. It has 16 GB RAM, and the storage comes with up to 512 GB of space.
It comes with a super-slim bezel, InfinityEdge design, and a super-tiny webcam on top of the screen. You will get it in conventional yet various colours such as silver, black, white, and frost.
It has a robust build with high-quality aluminium and carbon fibre. Yet it is lightweight and easy to carry. It has a stunning display, and some models come with an OLED display. Its battery life is impressive as well.
Difference Between Dell 2 In 1 and XPS 13
- Dell 2 In 1 is a hinged laptop that can be converted into a tablet, so it works as a laptop and a tablet. On the other hand, XPS 13 is a traditional laptop with a clamshell design.
- Dell 2 In 1 is a modern laptop cum tablet that has a sleek look, while XPS 13 is a premium laptop with a robust build and lightweight.
- Dell 2 In 1 has a vast range of connectivity options, such as optional 5G connectivity with Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2. In contrast, XPS 13 only includes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- The battery of the XPS 13 is more powerful and lasts longer than Dell 2 In 1. While XPS 13 promises the battery to last for up to 12 hours, Dell 2 In 1 only offers up to 10 hours.
- Dell 2 In 1 is also a bit heavier when compared to XPS 13.
Comparison Between Dell 2 In 1 and XPS 13
|Parameter of Comparison||Dell 2 In 1||Dell XPS 13|
|Style||It is a hinged laptop that can be converted into a tablet.||It is a traditional laptop with a clamshell design.|
|Design||The model laptops of this series are generally sleek with a touch of modern design.||The models of this laptop series are lightweight yet have a robust build with a premium look.|
|Connectivity options||It has optional 5G connectivity along with Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2.||It has only Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as its connectivity options.|
|Battery life||Its battery life can run for up to 10 hours.||Its battery life is comparatively better, as it can last for up to 12 hours.|
|Weight||Comparatively, it is slightly heavier.||It is lighter.|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.