The air we inhale plays a major role in the health of the individual. Air purifiers and air humidifiers both are important and commonly used at home. Some people use both, and some use just one. It varies from the requirement of the individual. An air purifier purifies or clears the air, and on the other side, an air humidifier controls the humidity level.
Air Purifier vs Air Humidifier
The main difference between air purifiers and air humidifiers is that air purifiers purify or clear the air and other contaminants from the room or indoor air. Air humidifiers, on the other hand, add moisture to the air and are commonly used in dry areas. It consequently enhances the humidity level of the room and makes it more convenient.
Air Purifiers are used to clear the contaminated air and consequently reduce the health issues that may cause by indoor pollutants. These pollutants are present in the atmospheric air and cause various neurological problems and respiratory infections.
Air Humidifiers humidifier the room’s air and used effectively for treating dryness of throat, nose, lips, and skin. Depending upon the type of humidifier, the user can use any of them to disperse the moisture in the room.
Comparison Table Between Air Purifier and Air Humidifier
|Parameters of Comparison||Air Purifier||Air Humidifier|
|What is it?||It purifier and filtrate the air and other contaminants from the room’s or indoor air.||It adds moisture to the air and consequently enhance the humidity level of the room.|
|Benefits||Useful for those who want clean air. Also beneficial for allergy and asthmatic patients or sufferers||Useful for those individuals who have irritated respiratory tracts due to the dry atmospheric air or environment|
|Application||Air purifier use filters to clear and filtrate the airborne contaminants.||Air humidifier humidifies the air by adding moisture to soothe irritation due to dry conditions.|
|Removal||It removes dust, mold spores, allergens, smoke, and bacteria.||It removes dry air.|
|Suggested Humidity||Not applicable||Nearly 30 to 50 percent|
What is Air Purifier?
Air purifiers work as air cleansers that clear or filter the room’s air and improve the air quality. It proves to be beneficial for those who are asthmatic patients or require clean air without any contamination.
Air purifiers have various benefits:
- It provides relief to the symptoms of asthma
- It avoids and eliminates the harmful chemicals that may present in the Indoor environment
- It helps in neutralizing the unpleasant smells and odor.
- With effective working, purifiers reduce the chances of airborne diseases.
In the market, various types of air purifiers are available. Majorly these air purifiers contain a filter called HEPA. Some other types of filters are also used, like UV light and activated carbon. Although air purifiers are also categorized into the following types:
– Electrostatic Precipitator
– Activated Carbon
– HEPA Filters
– Ozone Generators
– Ultraviolet light air purifiers
What is Air Humidifier?
As the name suggests, an air humidifier humidifies the air, or in other words, it adds moisture to the air and prevents dryness that may cause irritation in many parts of the body. Air humidifier works as a moisturizing agent, and hence it is used for relieving dry throat, dry cough, cracked lips, nose irritation, dry skin, etc.
Air humidifier is also categorized into various types that depends on the size, budget, and preference of the user. There are five types of air humidifiers, including evaporators, ultrasonic humidifiers, central humidifiers, steam vaporizers, and impeller humidifiers.
By size, air humidifiers are classified or categorized into two types portable or personal and console. Personal or portable humidifiers are the best option for traveling purposes. It is the smallest and convenient. The console humidifier, on the other side, adds moisture and humidifies the house. It is bigger and capable of humidifying the entire room.
Main Differences Between Air Purifier and Air Humidifier
- Air purifiers and air humidifiers both products are commonly used and are great for people. Although the relief provided by these two is a bit different from each other. Air purifier purifies and filtrates the air and other contaminants from the room or indoor air. Air Humidifier, on the other side, adds moisture to the air and consequently enhances the humidity level of the room.
- Both of these products are beneficial in one or another way. The air purifier is useful for those who want clean air. It is also beneficial for allergy and asthmatic patients or sufferers. On the other side, Air humidifier is useful for those individuals who have irritated respiratory tracts due to the dry atmospheric air or environment.
- Air purifiers and air humidifiers are different uses and applications. Air purifiers use filters to clear and filtrate the airborne contaminants. On the contrary, an air humidifier humidifies the air by adding moisture to soothe irritation due to dry conditions.
- Air purifiers and air humidifiers both vary from each other in serving the purpose. Air purifier purifies the air by removing dust, mold spores, allergens, smoke, and bacteria. On the contrary, an air humidifier removes the dry atmospheric condition.
- Humidity plays a significant role in providing a better atmospheric environment. An air purifier has no role in maintaining the humidity level of the room’s air. An air humidifier, on the other side, maintains the humidity level by offering 30 to 50 percent humidity in dry air.
Air purifiers and air humidifiers are used for different purposes. You can pick or select any of these that resides with your requirement and need. The air purifier is best for those who are suffering from allergies, asthma, respiratory issue, or someone who require clean air without any contamination. It helps in providing a more sterilized home environment.
On the contrary, an air humidifier is suitable for those who are living in dry areas or climates. It increases the moisture level of the air.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Table of Contents