ASP.NET and C# are both related to the .NET framework. .NET is a programming framework that includes technologies, computer techniques, and frameworks that can be used to build a variety of programs.
There are various .NET applications. Every implementation enables NET programmes to operate on a wide range of systems, spanning from Linux to mobile devices.
- ASP.NET is a web development framework, whereas C# is a programming language.
- Developers use C# as the primary language when building web applications with ASP.NET.
- ASP.NET provides the structure and tools to create web applications, while C# is the language used to write the code within that framework.
ASP.NET vs C#
ASP.NET is a web application framework used to create dynamic web pages and web services. It provides tools and libraries for building web applications in various programming languages, like C#. C# is a programming language designed for general-purpose development, such as building desktop apps.
ASP.NET is a free and open-source platform for developing interactive multimedia for websites and digital services. The bulk of the programmes was written using the .NET languages.
Web services are also built using this framework. ASP.NET-based online applications may be created with a variety of tools,
including Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Expression Web, and Macromedia HomeSite, depending on the requirements.
C# stands for “C Sharp” and is an object-oriented, dynamic, analytical, procedural, prescriptive form, multipurpose programming language. C# is a computer language developed and administered by Microsoft Corporation.
C# is a programming language that is modelled on C++, Java, Pascal, and a few additional object-oriented development tools.
It was created in the year 2000 as part of the NET effort and was subsequently standardised using the ECMA-334 specification.
|Parameters of Comparison||ASP.NET||C#|
|Design||It was developed to support the C-Sharp framework.||It was created to be a coding language.|
|Application||This may be used to create web applications in any CLS-compliant language, including C#, VB.NET, and others.||It is a coding language designed to be used in conjunction with ASP.NET to create online programmes.|
|Use||It is a coding package that may be deployed with C#.||C# is a language that adheres to the CLS (Common Language Specification).|
|License||Apache 2.0||General Public License|
|Operating System||It is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Linux, and macOS.||It works with a vast range of mainstream OSs.|
|Standard||It is created by Microsoft.||It was invented and built by Microsoft, but it was later regulated by ECMA.|
What is ASP.NET?
ASP.NET is a website development framework that contains a coding standard, a comprehensive software infrastructure, and a number of services for developing powerful online programmes for desktops and portable gadgets.
The HTTP protocol acts as the basis for ASP.NET, using HTTP instructions and regulations to enable browser-to-server coordination and interaction. ASP.NET is a component of the Microsoft.net platform.
ASP.NET applications are compiled scripts created with the net structure’s adaptable and recyclable aspects or objects. These scripts may take advantage of the whole class hierarchy in the.Net framework.
It has a plethora of features for assembling, setting, and modifying code to construct HTML pages, such as input fields, icons, and banners.
The event-driven approach to communication is extended to online programmes using ASP.NET web interfaces. The device sends a TCP connection to the website server, which responded with a full HTML document.
All client-side user interactions are sent to the backend for domain-specific executions. The web server assesses the outcomes of user activity and generates replies.
HTTP has become a connectionless protocol. The ASP.NET framework aids in the storage of programme relevant data, which includes page context and session context.
What is C#?
C# is a straightforward, contemporary, and object-oriented programming language.
C# was designed to be a computer programme that is not only simple to comprehend but also provides contemporary features for any and all forms of application design.
When you examine the background of computer languages and their features, you will notice that every computer code was created with a clear objective to address the specific issues of the time.
The C# language, on the other hand, was created with commercial and corporate needs in mind. The C# programming language was created for enterprises to use to create a variety of software using a single programming language.
C# provides capabilities to aid in the building of contemporary software. C# is a coding application used to construct web, mobile, and other applications.
C# provides generic versions, variable sorts, automatic activation of kinds and collections, functional operations, evolutionary computation,
concurrent coding, tuples, pattern matching, powerful diagnostics and exceptional management, and other current programming language features.
In addition, C# minimises ambiguity and unstructured language elements. C# is a coding language that runs on a variety of platforms.
C# applications may also be delivered on the cloud and in containers. C# is a type-safe programming language.
C# does not permit type conversions. C# enables developers to design secure programmes.
C# is equally concerned with producing efficient code.
Main Differences Between ASP.NET and C#
- NET was promoted and developed by Microsoft and is used to construct strong cross-platform web applications, whereas C# is primarily based on the C and C++ programming languages, which are standardised by ISO and ECMA standards.
- The HTTP layer is used by ASP.NET, whereas, C# is a structured programming language that is used to create some effective applications that support multiple platforms and have vital features.
- NET serves as a platform for various coding languages, such as C sharp, to give APIs or libraries access to development through premade functionality, whereas C# is used to construct other sorts of programmes, like internet apps, online resources, and PC programmes.
- NET records the web condition and session among all web pages during the can be synchronised out, predicated on the necessity of information to be made accessible for the software state or page state, whereas C# can be used to write the integration of controlling briefing or state storage in the apps.
- NET has various safety characteristics such as permission, verification, anonymity, and authenticity that will be incorporated into the .NET structure. On the other hand, C# has object-oriented characteristics to encompass the necessary classes, methodologies, or code blocks using public networks to conceal the execution.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.