AVG provides the user with enhanced performance at competitive prices for all its suite offerings. Avira is priced at a higher level and offers security to fewer devices, making it a poor choice for a customer looking for cost-effective plans.
AVG vs Avira
The difference between AVG and Avira is that while the former offers more features at a competitive price range, the latter offers fewer features at a high price point. The features and services offered by AVG are more streamlined than those offered by Avira.
The free versions of each antivirus software offer quite competitive features, however, when we compare the paid suites offered by each, at the various price levels, the innovative plethora of features offered by AVG is far more intriguing than the basic ones offered by Avira.
Comparison Table Between AVG and Avira
|Parameters of Comparison||AVG||Avira|
|Features Offered||More comprehensive and innovative platter of services and features offered at competitive prices.||Avira offers fewer features at a higher price point.|
|Number of Packages||AVG Internet Security and the AVG Ultimate package are the paid suites offered by AVG.||Avira Prime, Avira Internet Security, and Avira Antivirus Pro are the paid suites offered by Avira.|
|Pricing||Packages offered by AVG are very cost-effective.||Packages offered by Avira are not very cost-effective.|
|Personalized Firewall||Does not offer a personalized firewall.||Offers a personalized firewall.|
|Customer Support||Excellent customer support offered.||Avira offers good customer support.|
|Malware Protection||Not as effective as Avira.||Offers better malware protection.|
|Performance||AVG performs betters than Avira.||Avira’s performance is not as good as AVG.|
|User-Friendliness||Offers a very user-friendly interface.||Not a very user-friendly interface.|
What is AVG?
AVG is a well-known antivirus software developed and marketed by AVG Technologies. The software is famed for its ability to detect and eliminate malicious URLs. Apart from the free version available online, AVG also has a number of suite offerings, priced at different levels with varying inclusive features.
AVG Internet Security and AVG Ultimate packages are the two other suite options available in the market. AVG is hailed as a fan-favorite due to its user-friendly interface and excellent customer support services. Features like ‘PrivacyFix’ and ‘File Shredder’ add to the list of innovative services offered by AVG.
The AVG interface is quite comparable with the high-end and premium brands in the antivirus software industry. It also aces the protection category by having a lower false positive rate and detecting more threats. AVG is a preferred choice among users as it protects more than one device at a lower average cost.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||AVG Ultimate 2021 | Antivirus+Cleaner+VPN | 10 Devices, 2 Years [PC/Mac/Mobile Download]||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Avira?
Owned and operated by a German company, Avira Free Security Solutions are quite commonly used by people to secure their digital devices. Much like AVG, Avira too provides both free and paid plans. Moreover, it has also been noted that Avira Free Security provides much better protection than the other free options available in the market.
Apart from the free version, Avira also offers other paid suites like the Avira Prime, Avira Internet Security, and Avira Antivirus Pro. Each is armed with a different set of features and security protocols. Independent test results have also indicated that Avira antivirus software offers better malware protection than most other brands.
Avira provides features like ‘Do Not Track’ that offers users anonymity while operating the device. However, the user interface of the software is a little outdated and may become a potent area of concern for customers. Its personalized firewall settings are quite appreciated among customers.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Avira Antivirus Pro 2017 | 1 Device | 1 Year | Download [Online Code]||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between AVG and Avira
- The main difference between AVG and Avira is that the former offers a comprehensive and innovative platter of services and features, at a much more competitive price point than those offered by Avira. AVG also secures more devices with one suite than Avira.
- The two antivirus software applications also differ in terms of the number of different packages offered by each. Apart from the free version, Avira has more suites in the market like Avira Prime, Avira Internet Security, and Avira Antivirus Pro. While AVG has fewer suites -like AVG Internet Security and AVG Ultimate- apart from the free version.
- Independent malware tests suggest that Avira offers better protection than AVG.
- Avira offers a personal firewall for the user. AVG does not offer such personalization.
- There is a significant difference in the quality of customer services offered by each antivirus software company. While Avira offers good customer support, AVG offers an even better support experience.
- The price points of each are also quite different. AVG packages are more reasonably priced. They offer value-for-money deals. Avira packages are on the higher end of the price spectrum.
- The performance offered by AVG is better than Avira. AVG antivirus software was awarded the prestigious ‘ADVANCED+’ award, while Avira could secure the second best accolade in the category by winning the ‘ADVANCED’ award.
- AVG is more user friendly than Avira. Its simple interface lacks excessive advertisements and upgrading reminders. A simple lock feature connotes limited access for the user if you use the lower suites of the software. Advertisements on the free Avira software can hinder user satisfaction.
Choosing an appropriate antivirus software can be a daunting task, especially for novice users. AVG and Avira are both antivirus software providers, renowned for their performance and malware detection capabilities. While both these companies have their free versions available online, there are important differences between these two that may be definitive while selecting one over the other.
AVG offers better performance than Avira, at a more cost-effective price point. The features offered by the antivirus software are truly commendable. One can select the best-suited AVG suite from the list of options provided by the company. Moreover, AVG secures more devices than Avira, giving it a clear competitive edge.
Avira also offers a good range of features, especially with the more expensive suites. The malware detection capabilities of the software are currently unmatched. The downside, however, remains the outdated interface used by the software.
If you are looking for an antivirus software that caters to the protection of multiple devices at a cost-effective rate, then AVG will be the better-suited choice. However, if your security needs extend to only one device, then Avira is the better option, as it offers good malware protection and performance.
Last update on 2021-02-28 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents