After the world has become totally dependent on computers with almost every organization having their classified and sensitive data on machines, it is very important to have good antivirus software. These days, due to various viruses as well as ransomware, It is very risky to put your sensitive and personal information in the systems without any software installed in it.
There are various amazing softwares to do this job and AVG and Kaspersky are two such antivirus softwares. The main task of both these softwares is to keep your system protected from any type of malicious threat. However, there are several differences in terms of performance, speed, features, and all.
AVG vs Kaspersky
The difference between AVG and Kaspersky is that Kaspersky has a better performance index as compared to AVG.
In terms of protection, the two do a great job but AVG and Kaspersky have a very different set of tools and hence are very unique from each other as well as from other softwares present in the market.
Comparison Table Between AVG and Kaspersky
|Parameter of Comparison||AVG||Kaspersky|
|Protection||Protection is the most fundamental part of AVG and it succeeds in doing it efficiently.||Kaspersky very effectively safeguards the data of the system and is better than AVG in the task.|
|Performance||AVG performs quite well and does the work with amazing speed and efficiency.||Kaspersky has a fantastic set of features which makes it a winner performance-wise too by loading the sites, installing and running the applications faster.|
|Tools and Features||The tools provided by AVG are pretty effective and uniques and hence it makes it one of the favorite software among all.||The set of tools that Kaspersky offers are easy and effective.|
|User-friendly||AVG has a very simple and elegant design in the interface and has a very clear cut features list. It is very user-friendly. However, sometimes AVG users complain about the popping up of false reports.||Kaspersky provides an easy-to-use interface and is loved by its users.|
|Pricing||Pricing for the products and services is decent but higher as compared to Kaspersky.||Kaspersky is a one-sided winner in the case of price. It offers the best bang for very little money. It’s basic as well as high-tier products are priced lower than AVG.|
What is AVG?
AVG (Anti-Virus Guard) AntiVirus is an antivirus software developed by AVG Technologies. AVG is available for macOS, Windows, and Android. The product line of AVG contains several security, privacy, and performance tools.
AVG entry-level service is actually free and is available for MAC and PC, and Mobile devices. Two products are provided by the performance division of AVG: AVG TuneUp for Mac and PC, and AVG Driver Updater for PC.
Three privacy products, AVG Safe VPN and AVG Secure Browser for Desktop and Mac, as well as AVG AntiTrack for PC, are also available from AVG. Safe VPN secures every WiFi anywhere you go so that your surfing, banking, and online payments remain secure and protected.
What is Kaspersky?
Kaspersky is a multinational anti-virus and cybersecurity provider. It was founded in 1997 and is a very trusted product all around the world. Kaspersky is one of the best anti-virus in the world.
The product line of Kaspersky consists of four principal home consumer products. These are:
- Its software at the entry-level is called Kaspersky Anti-Virus and is a basic and fundamental product by Kaspersky.
- Kaspersky Internet Security is next in line, and it’s a huge step forward and adds many new techniques to protect the data.
- Kaspersky Complete security is the premium offering of the business and provides yet another layer of characteristics. It provides child protection through a “bad content” filter, and also uses a GPS tracker.
- Kaspersky Security Cloud, which integrates a groundbreaking data leak checker, is the newest addition to Kaspersky’s lineup. This service makes Kaspersky a unique product among all in the market due to its advanced features.
Main Differences Between AVG and Kaspersky
- AVG is amazing at protecting your data from malicious activities but Kaspersky is even better. The rate of protection is 99.7% in the case of AVG whereas it is 99.9% for Kaspersky.
- AVG performs pretty well but slows down the system while launching popular websites and standard softwares in comparison to Kaspersky which slows down the system in very rare cases.
- AVG and Kaspersky offer a wide range of security tools with amazing features to keep your files safe. However, these features and tools are very different and unique from each other.
- AVG has a simple, modern design that is not tough for the eyes but it sometimes users report false detections of legitimate applications as malware while system scan. On the other hand, Kaspersky does not have this problem of false reporting and has a simple and elegant interface.
- When comparing the affordability factor, it can be seen that Kaspersky offers a very fantastic service with a lesser price for its products as compared to AVG.
We all know how important it is to have decent anti-software software in your system in order to protect your sensitive content. Due to various cases regarding the potential risk of data of various organizations, it is best to have an anti-virus product installed in your system. AVG and Kaspersky are the two of such softwares.
They have similar fundamental characteristics but are two very different services. While comparing, it can be seen that Kaspersky was a little ahead in almost all the categories like protection, usability, and performance.
However, this does not make AVG a bad service provider as it works very amazingly and if you are comfortable with it, there is nothing wrong to keep going with it. If you are thinking of buying one, you should head towards Kaspersky due to its protection strategies, performance, and speed.
Table of Contents