After the world has become dependent on computers, with almost every organization having classified and sensitive data on machines, it is very important to have good antivirus software.
These days, due to various viruses and ransomware, It is very risky to put your sensitive and personal information in the systems without any software installed.
There are various amazing software to do this job, and AVG and Kaspersky are two such antivirus software. Both these software’s main task is to protect your system from any malicious threat. However, several differences exist in performance, speed, and features.
- AVG and Kaspersky are antivirus software programs that protect against malware and viruses.
- AVG is a more user-friendly option with a free version, while Kaspersky is a more advanced and comprehensive option with a higher price point.
- AVG is suitable for basic antivirus needs, while Kaspersky is better for users who need more advanced protection.
AVG vs Kaspersky
The difference between AVG and Kaspersky is that Kaspersky has a better performance index than AVG.
The two do a great job in terms of protection, but AVG and Kaspersky have very different sets of tools and hence are unique from each other and other software present in the market.
|Parameter of Comparison||AVG||Kaspersky|
|Protection||Protection is the most fundamental part of AVG, and it succeeds efficiently.||Kaspersky safeguards the system’s data very effectively and is better than AVG in the task.|
|Performance||AVG performs quite well and does the work with amazing speed and efficiency.||Kaspersky has a fantastic set of features which makes it a winner performance-wise, too, by loading the sites, and installing and running the applications faster.|
|Tools and Features||The tools provided by AVG are pretty effective and unique, making it one of the favourite software among all.||The set of tools that Kaspersky offers is easy and effective.|
|User-friendly||AVG has a very simple and elegant design in the interface and has a very clear-cut feature list. It is very user-friendly. However, sometimes AVG users complain about the popping up of false reports.||Kaspersky provides an easy-to-use interface and is loved by its users.|
|Pricing||Product and service pricing is decent but higher compared to Kaspersky.||Kaspersky is a one-sided winner in the case of price. It offers the best bang for very little money. Its basic as well as high-tier products are priced lower than AVG.|
What is AVG?
AVG (Anti-Virus Guard) AntiVirus is an antivirus software developed by AVG Technologies. AVG is available for macOS, Windows, and Android. The product line of AVG contains several security, privacy, and performance tools.
AVG entry-level service is free and available for MAC, PC, and Mobile devices. The performance division of AVG provides two products: AVG TuneUp for Mac and PC and AVG Driver Updater for PC.
Three privacy products, AVG Safe VPN and AVG Secure Browser for Desktop and Mac, as well as AVG AntiTrack for PC, are also available from AVG. Safe VPN secures every WiFi anywhere you go to keep your surfing, banking, and online payments secure and protected.
What is Kaspersky?
Kaspersky is a multinational anti-virus and cybersecurity provider. It was founded in 1997 and is a very trusted product worldwide. Kaspersky is one of the best anti-viruses in the world.
The product line of Kaspersky consists of four principal home consumer products. These are:
- Its software at the entry level is called Kaspersky Anti-Virus and is a basic product by Kaspersky.
- Kaspersky Internet Security is next in line, and it’s a huge step forward and adds many new techniques to protect the data.
- Kaspersky Complete security is the premium offering of the business and provides yet another layer of characteristics. It provides child protection through a “bad content” filter and also uses a GPS tracker.
- Kaspersky Security Cloud, which integrates a groundbreaking data leak checker, is the newest addition to Kaspersky’s lineup. This service makes Kaspersky a unique product among all in the market due to its advanced features.
Main Differences Between AVG and Kaspersky
- AVG is amazing at protecting your data from malicious activities, but Kaspersky is even better. The protection rate is 99.7% in the case of AVG, whereas it is 99.9% for Kaspersky.
- AVG performs pretty well but slows down the system while launching popular websites and standard software compared to Kaspersky, which slows down the system in rare cases.
- AVG and Kaspersky offer a wide range of security tools with amazing features to keep your files safe. However, these features and tools are very different and unique.
- AVG has a simple, modern design that is not tough for the eyes, but sometimes users report false detections of legitimate applications as malware while the system scans. On the other hand, Kaspersky does not have this problem of false reporting and has a simple and elegant interface.
- When comparing the affordability factor, it can be seen that Kaspersky offers a fantastic service at a lesser price for its products than AVG.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.