And it is necessary and needs of the hour to recognize these varied talents in different fields and ensure that they must be paid for what they truly deserve.
- Buy Me a Coffee, and Patreon allows creators to receive support and funding from their fans.
- Buy Me a Coffee focuses more on one-time donations and offers features like digital downloads and the ability to sell physical products. At the same time, Patreon is geared towards recurring monthly support and offers exclusive content and tiers for different levels of support.
- Buy Me a Coffee has lower fees and is easier to set up, making it a good option for creators just starting, while Patreon is better for established creators with a dedicated fanbase.
Buy Me a Coffee vs Patreon
The difference between Buy Me a Coffee and Patreon is that the online platform of Buy Me a Coffee provides a subscription monthly as well as yearly, while the same feature in Patreon is limited to only a monthly subscription. The users who are looking for a yearly subscription to such platforms are directed towards Buy Me a Coffee compared to Patreon.
Buy Me a Coffee is an online platform that lets creators get paid and connect directly with their fans. The online platform was founded by Jijo Sunny, Joseph Sunny, and Aleesha John in 2018.
The company is founded by Jack Conte and Sam Yam in the year 2013 May 2. The tools provided by the platform are used by YouTube videographers, webcomic artists, writers, musicians, podcasters, etc.
|Parameters of Comparison||Buy Me a Coffee||Patreon|
|Founded In||2018||May 2, 2013|
|Founders||Jijo Sunny, Joseph Sunny, and Aleesha John||Jack Conte and Sam Yam|
|Fan Experience||No account required, only a 1-tap payment||Account required|
|Payment Methods Accepted||Credit card, Apple pay, PayPal, Google Pay||Credit Card, PayPal|
|Payout||Instant||Takes up to 30 days|
|Analytics||Provided||The feature is given to the only pro member|
|Fees||The 5% of all the features||The 5%-12% of all the features|
|Live Chat Feature||24 × 7||No such feature is provided|
What is Buy Me a Coffee?
Buy Me a Coffee is a company that helps raise creators’ funds and asks for donations from fans and supporters. It also ensures secure and safe transactions with ease and comfort.
The subscription provided by the online company is both monthly and yearly. Along with that, it also provides the feature of donations or tips.
No account is required to process payment, and the payment is simple, just a one-step process. The mode of payment accepted by the company is – credit cards, Google Pay, PayPal, and Apple Pay.
What is Patreon?
Patreon is a company which is based in America, and the business of the company is to provide online content-creating tools to artists so that they a run a subscription plan.
Jack Conte and Sam Yam founded the company on May 2, 2013. The company headquarters is located in San Francisco, United States.
The mode of payment accepted by the Patreon website is only credit cards and PayPal. And the charges fees taken by the company are about 5%-12% of all the features provided.
Main Differences Between Buy Me a Coffee and Patreon
- The fee for the Buy Me a Coffee is 5% of all the features, while the fee for Patreon is that it charges about 5%-12% of all the features.
- Buy Me a Coffee allows its users for 24/7 live chat support, while Patreon doesn’t provide this feature.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.