Falling in love and staying in love are two different stages that need different levels of dedication and commitment. This could be very well expressed by affection, like hugging, kissing, spending time with your loved ones, respecting each other, cuddling, compromising, etc.
Wait! If cuddling is an expression of love, then what about snuggle?
Even though people think cuddling and snuggling mean the same thing and can be interchanged sometimes, that is not the truth. There are “small” variations to both these intriguing words, which intrigue the feeling of warmth and sympathy.
- Cuddling is an affectionate act in which two or more people hold each other close, while sitting or lying down, providing comfort and a sense of security.
- Snuggling is similar to cuddling but involves nestling or burrowing oneself into a cozy position, against another person or a soft surface like a pillow or blanket.
- Both cuddling and snuggling involve close physical contact and provide emotional comfort, but snuggling specifically includes nestling into a cozy position.
Cuddle vs Snuggle
The difference between cuddling and snuggling is the crucial role of intimacy in it. Cuddling does not just happen between two human souls; you can cuddle with any of your family members, your best friends (indeed, not in a weird way), pets, children, etc.
Snuggling, on the other hand, takes place frequently between lovers, couples, etc.
|Parameters of the Comparison
|Cuddling takes place between two members who are comfortable with each other, and it is a non-physical initiative.
|It is defined as two people who lie down next to each other, and one wraps his body into another’s chest in a cosy manner.
|Level of Intimacy
|It is not initiated to provoke the sexual desires inside a person. But instead, it gives a sense of comfort and warmth.
|Snuggling leads to more sexual desires and is practised as an act of confidentiality.
|Rule of Exhibition
|It is more denoted as a feat of devotion and passion.
|It can be regarded as a sexual appetite that occurs when someone is high on ” to
|Who is the master?
|Cuddling can be between a master and a pet, a mother and a child, or between a couple in the early stages of their relationship.
|Snuggling happens between two people in a serious relationship, like a husband and wife.
|Mode of elements
|Both legs and arms can be utilized to initiate this deed.
|A major part of your body is used here to snuggle with your significant one.
What is Cuddle?
Cuddling is an act of compassion that takes place between two individuals. It is an intimating deed where one person wraps their arms around another person’s body.
Cuddling is a beautiful way of expressing how much you care about a person and gives out many messages without even talking.
Cuddling conveys, “It’s okay; everything is going to be alright.” Cuddling occurs in a sleeping or intimate position.
Many confuse hugging with cuddling. Hugging is like welcoming someone.
Unlike cuddling, hugging happens between two people who are in a standing position. Cuddling releases a hormone called oxytocin, also known as the love hormone, which helps a great deal for newborn “mothers” in breastfeeding and de-stressing, increases the level of comfort, etc.
What is Snuggle?
Snuggle is much like a cuddle, but it has more of a physical attraction in it. It involves two people who want to be together in a cosy space and enjoy each other’s warmth and comfort.
Snuggling is mainly considered a sexual interaction between partners who are sexually involved, couples, etc. It takes place in a lying position, and unlike cuddling, it can last for many hours.
One can even snuggle alone while watching a movie or if one wants to relax calmly.
People who snuggle more during their bedtime or maybe after a long workday have indicated signs of a solid and everlasting bond between them.
Main Differences Between Cuddle and Snuggle
- One of the significant differences between a cuddle and a snuggle is cuddling is not a physical act of affection. In contrast, snuggling happens more between couples who have increased levels of sexual desire.
- The word cuddling was found in the 16th century before snuggling existed in the 17th century.
- The best example to explain cuddling is the growing fondness between a mother and a newborn baby. But snuggling is common for newly married couples.
- Cuddling releases oxytocin, also known as the feel-good hormone that has a lot of benefits for newborn children.
- Snuggling your partner can awaken the sexual intentions in you and your spouse as the dopamine hormone gets released into the environment.
- There are many kinds of cuddling, among which spooning is well-known. Snuggling is one of a kind deed and has no significant divisions too.
Last Updated : 11 June, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.