During the digital era, people nowadays prefer searching for things on the internet itself. Several sites have come up to fulfil the needs of different people for different purposes.
One of the greatest influences on digitalisation is the social media platform.
Due to the presence of social media, buying and selling are also happening online, and many other activities are being conducted in our day-to-day lives.
Similarly, the two most effective websites that have been made are LinkedIn and Indeed.
Looking for employees and employers has become easy due to LinkedIn and Indeed.
Whenever you look for the most suitable job online, you apply for it. LinkedIn and Indeed work similarly, helping employers and employees meet digitally.
- LinkedIn is a professional networking platform that allows users to connect with other professionals, search for jobs, and showcase their skills and experience.
- Indeed is a job search platform aggregating job listings from various sources and allowing users to search and apply for jobs.
- LinkedIn focuses more on building professional relationships and personal branding, while Indeed focuses more on job search and application.
LinkedIn vs Indeed
LinkedIn is a platform for professionals to create profiles, connect with others and search for jobs; it also provides resources for professional development. Indeed is a job search engine that aggregates job postings from various sources, where users can search for job openings and post resumes.
|Parameters of Comparison||Indeed|
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social networking service that creates profiles for professionals and businessmen.
The company was founded back in 2002, and in the year 2016, Microsoft company acquired LinkedIn.
However, LinkedIn has got a strong customer and user base all over the world. LinkedIn is a famous source for employers to check their professional backgrounds.
LinkedIn has got more than 700 million users all over the world in over 200+ countries.
LinkedIn is a social media that allows its users to send friend requests and make professional relationships with others to find talented and skilful people on the internet.
LinkedIn users can have the search button to search for professional people outside their network.
LinkedIn here becomes very advantageous over Indeed.com because Indeed.com does not allow to perform these tasks.
Most employers ask for your LinkedIn profile link because your main page will look like a resume with your employment history, education, skillset, and other things you are interested in.
Attaching your LinkedIn profile link is always beneficial from an employer’s point of view. In 2012, LinkedIn made an update where users were restricted from uploading and storing their resumes.
LinkedIn provides its users with its free service that comes under the basic plan. Users can opt for the subscribed version to get many more features from LinkedIn then.
What is Indeed?
Indeed.com is an American website where employers post an advertisement for a job vacancy, and suitable candidates apply for jobs according to their preferences.
Indeed was officially launched in November 2004, and since then, it has been creating job listings and boasts over 250 million visitors every month.
Indeed.com has an easy interface for its users where they search for jobs, and the metasearch engine aggregates thousands of jobs.
Indeed.com was developed for those people who need to search for jobs online.
People tend to visit Indeed.com more than any other website.
Indeed had advertised its services in India, and the company gained huge customers here in India itself.
Several services and features have been added on Indeed.com recently where users can store their resumes, can compare salaries. Users can also have the option to read employment-related news.
Main Differences Between LinkedIn and Indeed
- Both LinkedIn and Indeed.com aim to provide employment services to their customers and provide employers with candidates.
- LinkedIn is mostly a type of social media where users can create a profile and make a professional profile, whereas Indeed.com is a metasearch engine where users can look for jobs online.
- Most employers prefer using LinkedIn profiles because it is much more suitable for them to look through resumes and a person’s professional background.
- Indeed is much ahead in talking about features provided by Indeed.com. LinkedIn lacks features like application management, built-in ATS, billing, and invoicing.
- Both these websites are available for Android and ios users with 24-hour online support for their customers and users.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.