The most important factor that determines the success of a product or a service is marketing. Marketing is evolving as it is a technology where new ways of marketing are now in light which gives an edge to marketers.
Marketing promotes the product or service and helps to reach out audience that might be interested in that product or service.
Digital Marketing vs Traditional Marketing
The difference between Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing is that Digital Marketing focuses marketing through digital platforms whereas Traditional Marketing focuses marketing through the old platforms.
Digital Marketing is promoting services or products of a particular brand through various digital platforms and Social Media platforms. Products and services are marketed through various approaches like E-mail Marketing, SMS Marketing, marketing on Facebook, and Instagram.
Traditional Marketing is marketing through traditional ways like distribution of pamphlets, advertisements on television, an announcement on speakers or radio to inform people about their product or service even marketing through cold calls.
Comparison Table Between Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing (in Tabular Form)
|Parameter of Comparison||Digital Marketing||Traditional Marketing|
|Concept||The concept is to market the product or service mainly through digital platforms which are more often used by the people.||The concept is to Market the product or service through platforms like Radio, advertisements in newspaper etc.|
|Targeted Audience||The audience in this case is mainly people spending time on social media platforms and on other digital platforms.||The audience in this case is mainly people who are not that active on digital platforms including social media platforms.|
|Cost of Marketing||Digital Marketing is generally cost efficient and can be done on digital platforms for little or no money.||Traditional Marketing can sometimes be costly because it includes marketing on platforms like newspapers, radio, television, and etc.|
|Advantages||The main advantages are cost efficient model and more reach to the audience which is overall good for marketing.||The main advantage is the reach to the audience which don’t use digital platforms and social media platforms.|
|Disadvantage||The disadvantage is the inefficiency to reach the audience on social media and digital platforms due to which there is loss of some potential buyers.||The disadvantage is the inefficiency to reach the audience on social media and digital platforms due to which there is loss of some potential buyers.|
What is Digital Marketing?
If you are using any social media platform like Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram and you see an advertisement or a person promoting a certain service or a product on that particular platform than this process is referred to as Digital Marketing. The reach of Digital Marketing is very large and huge. There are millions of people and that too only in India that spend the majority of their time on social media platforms that create a huge opportunity in this field.
Digital Marketing doesn’t require much capital to promote services on digital platforms, a simple share by people can promote that message about the particular service or product to many people which are potential buyers and customers. Digital Marketing can be done in many ways like SMS marketing, E-Mail marketing, or WhatsApp marketing.
What is Traditional Marketing?
Traditional marketing is marketing about products or services which you often would have heard or seen through platforms like Newspapers, Radio advertisements, advertisements on Television.
The reach of Traditional Marketing is huge but not as huge as Digital Marketing. Traditional Marketing focuses on people who consume content mainly through platforms like Newspapers, Radio advertisements, advertisements on Television.
There is some capital required to promote services or products through Traditional Marketing. Capital requirement for promoting through Newspaper, Radio advertisement, advertisements on Television can sometimes be high. Traditional Marketing is also done by promoting brands by printed T-shirts and clothes which is also sometimes an effective way.
Main Differences Between Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing
- Digital Marketing is cost-efficient whereas Traditional Marketing can sometimes be costly due to marketing through like Newspaper, Radio advertisements, advertisements on Television.
- Digital Marketing is done where the audience which is active on a digital platform is kept in focus. Traditional Marketing is done where audience which is more active and consumes content mainly through platforms like Newspaper, Radio advertisement, advertisements in Television.
- Selling through Digital Marketing is very convenient and easy as compared to Traditional Marketing. People like to spend online and consume content due to which the chances of a product or service being sold online increases rapidly. Whereas much more time and effort are required for a customer to a product offline.
- The purchasing power of people to purchase online gives an edge to Digital Marketing as people like to buy from the comfort of their home unlike Traditional Marketing where the buyer has to go and purchase the product physically.
- People don’t shop more in the case of Traditional Marketing whereas people like to shop more and more and view new and different varieties of products and services which makes it easier to sell online rather than offline.
- Digital Marketing has more chances of getting repeat customers whereas Traditional Marketing has fewer chances of getting customers on repeat bases due to the high costs of marketing.
Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing are both ways of marketing to attract a customer base and to promote the products and services of various brands. Both methods have their pros and cons which can be good for many brands and their services.
Digital Marketing targets people active on social media. There are millions of people and that too only in India that spend the majority of their time on social media platforms that create a huge opportunity in this field.
Traditional Marketing can attract consumer and buyer base of people who consume content mainly through platforms like Newspapers, Radio advertisements, advertisements on Television.
There is some capital required to promote services or products through Traditional Marketing. Capital requirement for promoting through Newspaper, Radio advertisement, advertisements on Television can sometimes be high. It’s up to you which type of Marketing is suitable for your Brand.
Table of Contents