There are various fields of medicines all around the world. Different doctors specialize in different fields and get hired as specialists or start their clinics in their respective specializations. Homeopathy and Naturopathy are two fields of medicine that are very popular and have gained recognition all around the world.
Homeopathy vs Naturopathy
The difference between Homeopathy and Naturopathy is that Homeopathy uses medicines that are made from diluted and natural substances, whereas Naturopathy uses organic substances, counseling, and various exercises to treat various individuals. Another important difference is that Homeopathy does not necessarily require a medical degree to practice, whereas Naturopathy requires a medical degree to officially practice.
One of the major characteristics of Homeopathy is its belief that a body has the capability and capacity to heal itself. In India, people have great trust and belief in Homeopathic medicines and treatments. Homeopathy also takes into consideration the patient’s medical history and his/her family’s medical history.
Naturopathy focuses on treatment with the help of herbal medicines, various exercises, and therapies. It believes that prevention is the best form of treatment. Naturopathy uses natural and herbal methods to treat an individual. Naturopathic doctors also make use of Homeopathy as a tool to treat their patients.
Comparison Table Between Homeopathy and Naturopathy
|Parameters of Comparison||Homeopathy||Naturopathy|
|Form of treatment||Homeopathy is a form of treatment that makes use of diluted and natural substances to treat a patient and make him healthy and disease-free.||A naturopathy is a form of treatment that makes use of herbal and natural medicines, various exercises, and therapies for treating patients.|
|Who can practice||For practicing Homeopathy, an individual does not necessarily have a medical degree but most Homeopathic doctors possess a degree in MBBS and MD that makes them more authentic.||For practicing Naturopathy, an individual needs to possess a medical degree to be certified.|
|Patients Medical history||Homeopathy always takes into consideration the patient’s medical history and his/her family’s medical history.||In most cases, Naturopathy does not take into consideration the medical history of the patient.|
|Philosophy||The philosophy of Homeopathy is the Law of Similars.||The philosophy of Naturopathy is the Six Principles of Naturopathy.|
|Part||Homeopathy does not include treatments under Naturopathy.||One of the major subsets of Naturopathy is Homeopathy.|
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is one of the most popular and efficient treatments that help various individuals to recover from various problems and diseases. Talking about its history, Homeopathy was first introduced in the year 1835 in the United States of America. Then at the end of the 19th century, Homeopathy started to lose its popularity. Homeopathy started to gain importance again in the year 1978 when various diseases were affecting a large population of the United States.
One of the major features of Homeopathy is that an individual needs did not possess any medical degree to practice, but in India, doctors having degrees of MBBS and MD are practicing Homeopathy so that they are accepted and recognized by the public.
The major advantages of Homeopathic treatments are:-
- One of the major merits of Homeopathy is the safety that it provides.
- The Homeopathic medicines recommended by doctors are easily available in medical stores.
- The health of those people who take Homeopathic medicines is easy to administer.
- Homeopathy also helps a person to work on his lifestyle.
Homeopathy is a medical science that is preventive in nature and believes that diluted natural medicines can easily cure a person if he/she follows Homeopathy for a long time period. Homeopathic medicines are unable to treat big diseases and provide permanent treatment to individuals. Diseases like cancer require various surgeries.
What is Naturopathy?
As the name suggests, Naturopathy uses natural medicines and remedies to cure diseases and heal various problems of the patients. It has gained popularity and recognition in recent times when the cost of allopathic treatment has significantly risen.
It includes a large number of therapies and massages as well. Naturopathy initially originated in Germany and became famous all around the world in the 20th century. Nowadays, it is merged with various allopathic treatments for improving its efficiency. One of the major features of Naturopathy is that people who wish to practice it must have a Medical degree to be certified to practice it.
There are a large number of health problems that are treated with the help of Naturopathy. These health problems include skin allergies, fats, and various digestive issues. Doctors recommend various ways to deal with diseases under the system of Naturopathy. The various methods are:-
- Many doctors recommend various herbal and vitamin supplements to tackle various problems.
- Doctors also use spinal adjustments as an option and apply a certain amount of pressure on it.
- Under Naturopathy, various therapies and massages may also be used as an option.
Main Differences Between Homeopathy and Naturopathy
- Homeopathy is a form of treatment that uses diluted and natural medicines as an option to treat the patients, whereas Naturopathy uses therapies, exercises, and various herbal medicines to cure various health problems.
- For practicing Homeopathy, an individual does not necessarily require a medical degree. On the other hand, an individual practicing Naturopathy is required to complete a specific medical degree.
- Homeopathy is based on the philosophy of the ‘Law of Similars’, whereas Naturopathy is based on the philosophy of ‘Six Principles of Naturopathy.’
- Homeopathy considers the patient’s medical history, whereas Naturopathy may or may not consider the patient’s medical history.
- Homeopathy does not include treatments under Naturopathy. On the other hand, Homeopathy is a subset of Naturopathy.
The world has progressed very rapidly in the domain of health and health-related infrastructure. Various types of medical sciences are in practice and are gaining popularity among the masses. Homeopathy and Naturopathy are two such medical science that has a great history and are in use to date.
Both of them are similar to each other in various aspects but differ from each other in highly significant domains. In India, both types of treatments are highly popular and are followed by various individuals apart from allopathy.