What do we need for setting up a business in 2020? Some capital? A plan? Some investment? Or smart marketing? It’s all of these plus a space on the internet. Space which is exclusively yours and is a hallmark of your product.
Web hosting started with the purpose of helping small businesses grow and put them in the same pool as some of the biggest names in their respective industries.
Although the plans of all these companies and startups are different, web hosting has proved to be the most unswayed platform for all.
Go Daddy and Hostinger are the two of the largest domains providing services. Though stiff competitors of one another, there is a lot in common between them, but plenty of differences as well.
Hostinger vs GoDaddy
The difference between Hostinger and GoDaddy is customer service. Godaddy provides 24/7 customer service via mail, chat, and phone calls. Hostinger doesn’t have a 24/7 phone service, the rest two are the same.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameters of Comparison||Hostinger||GoDaddy|
|Bandwidth||100 GB only for the lowest plan. Unlimited for the rest.||Unlimited.|
|Free domains||For all the plans except for the lowest one.||Free for all the plans.|
|Storage||Unlimited||100 GB only for the lowest plan. Unlimited for anything more.|
|Operating system||Linux||Windows / Linux|
|Lite speed cache||Available||Not available|
What is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy is an American internet domain service provider and a web hosting company. It is headquartered at Scottsdale in Arizona.
GoDaddy was founded by Bob Parsons in 1997. Coming out of his retirement he launched Jomax Technologies, which was later renamed as GoDaddy in 2004.
With not much competition in the field of Web hosting at the end of the last century, GoDaddy with its efficient service went up the ranks in no time. It became the biggest ICANN accredited registrar on the internet in 2005.
Besides having 19 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy has also been successful in acquiring multiple companies for millions of dollars for decades. Mad Mimi, Media Temple, Host Europe group, and Cognate are just a few of them.
Tools and services of GoDaddy –
- GoDaddy auctions – It is an in house auction of the domains. Individuals can participate in their phones. There are multiple options for the sellers of having their domain name up for sale.
- GoValue – It is an appraisal tool for showing the value of the given domain.
- GoDaddy garage – GoDaddy’s blog is named GoDaddy garage.
Though famous for its services and advertisements, GoDaddy has had its fair share of controversies. GoDaddy discontinued registering with the .cn domain (China) from 2012 onwards. An excessive amount of personal data was required in the country to function.
Although many criticized it as a PR stunt, GoDaddy’s lawyer stated in front of the Congress, “We decided we didn’t want to become an agent of the Chinese government”
The video of GoDaddy’s founder Bob Parson went viral in 2011. He was seen shooting an elephant in the video which was shot in Zimbabwe. PETA discontinued their services from the GoDaddy server thereafter.
Following are the advantages and disadvantages of using GoDaddy –
|Offers plenty of options for the users.||High restoration costs.|
|Affordable prices to start with.||Inconsistent customer service at times|
|Frequent offers and discounts.||The traffic on the platform causes the internal speed to slow down.|
What is Hostinger?
Hostinger is an internet domain registrar and an employee-owned web hosting platform. It was founded in 2004 in Lithuania. The company was originally called Hosting Media.
When Hostinger was founded, it was a period of international expansion. The competition among the domain providing services was increasing bit by bit.
Although centered in Brazil, the company moved to many different countries, particularly towards the Europe. Hostinger has also become the fastest-growing company in Europe. With over 29 million customers around the world, Hostinger is one of the largest domain providing services in the world.
Particularly famous for the worth, efficiency, and unlimited storage, there are many fronts where Hostinger leads ahead of its competitors.
Following are the advantages and disadvantages of choosing Hostinger as your domain provider –
|Hostinger scores are high in uptime testing.||Does not offer a dedicated hosting option for every plan.|
|Offers monthly and yearly plans||The phone call option for customer service is not available 24/7.|
|Advanced security and features to tackle malware and viruses.||Ambiguous money back policy|
Main Differences Between Hostinger and GoDaddy
- Unlimited storage and having an access manager are the major features of Hostinger. Having multiple databases and a free year with Office 365 email are GoDaddy’s major features.
- “Themeisle” did a speed test to compare Hosting and GoDaddy’s speed. They conducted WordPress installations from both providers. Go Daddy was quicker in Sydney and London. Hostinger won the New York test. Thus they concluded by naming GoDaddy as the faster one.
- Hostinger doesn’t offer a 24/7 phone service. GoDaddy offers a 24/7 phone service.
- Hostinger dashboard is backed with direct access to the domain names and it has been cluttered with buttons on every page. GoDaddy’s dashboard has a designed whiteboard and a consolidated menu which makes it look better.
- Hostinger offers unlimited storage, whereas GoDaddy does so only if the plan is above the basic one. For the basic plan, Godaddy offers 100 GB only.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.