An online business can only succeed if it includes a quick and reliable web host. Growing your business is impossible if you only have a fancy-looking website. The most crucial part of hosting an online website is to maintain it.
There are different sections of people in the market who prefer one web host over the other to host their site or blog.
The hosting company should be chosen for its reliable services, good experience, and intensive maintenance, along with its pricing plans. GoDaddy and Bluehost are two such web hosts.
- GoDaddy and Bluehost are web hosting companies offering domain registration, hosting, and website builder tools.
- GoDaddy is more popular for its domain registration services, while Bluehost is known for its reliable hosting plans and customer support.
- While both companies offer hosting plans and website creation tools, Bluehost is generally considered a better option for WordPress users. At the same time, GoDaddy is better for small businesses and beginners.
GoDaddy vs Bluehost
GoDaddy is known for its user-friendly interface, easy setup process, and affordable pricing, offering a wide range of web hosting options, including shared hosting and VPS hosting. Bluehost is a reliable web hosting provider that offers powerful hosting solutions for WordPress users.
|Parameter of Comparison||GoDaddy||Bluehost|
|Server Response Time||Page load speed or server response time for Godaddy is quite fine.GoDaddy-hosting websites sometimes cannot handle very high traffic with amazing server response time.||The server response time for Bluehost for any site is considerably lower than GoDaddy.|
|Uptime||Godaddy claims that it offers an uptime guarantee of 99.9%.||Bluehost does not promise or claim any specific uptime guarantee. However, it provides a significantly higher uptime of almost 99.9%|
|Ease of Use||The cPanel provided by GoDaddy is simple and sleek. However, if a user from a non-technical background is operating several websites, handling can be a little difficult.||Bluehost has very user-friendly features for even non-technical bloggers and new website owners. The users find it handy, from signing in to working on it.|
|Performance||Servers of GoDaddy run on Intel Core i7 Processor. A user can choose Windows or Linux Operating system to sign up for the services. The performance of the servers is very promising.||The data centre of Bluehost is also pretty powerful. Its servers run on AMD power centres and utilize CPU segregation Technology. This automatically controls the CPU and safeguards your website from any spam attacks.|
|Customer Support||The support team of GoDaddy sometimes leaves their users to wait, as reported by many customers. The replies are found to be late in cases of emergency.||In the case of Bluehost, you can completely trust their customer support. It has numerous options for contacting the team. You can use their email, ticketing system, toll-free number, or live chat facility.|
|Money-Back Guarantee||A person can try out any Godaddy hosting plans for free for 45 days before selecting them. The money-back guarantee provided by GoDaddy shows their confidence in their services.||Bluehost provides a money-back guarantee for 30 days for all its hosting plans. You can decide which web service you want to select during this time. The money-back guarantee is only applicable to the hosting plans that you purchase. It does not include any other add-ons that the user buys at the time of purchase, like domain names.|
What is GoDaddy?
Godaddy is a web hosting service provider and internet domain registrar company. It serves more than 20 million customers from all over the world.
Founded in 1999, the company has grown at a rapid speed. This is due to its promising services and the great marketing strategy it opts for.
GoDaddy is one of the most reliable web host companies and is loved by its customers. However, it does not provide a promising customer support team but has very high-performing features and tools.
The money-back guarantee provided by GoDaddy makes it very distinguishable among other web hosting companies. This always attracts the users as they can test the service before putting their money into it.
What is Bluehost?
Bluehost has always been the favourite website hosting company of customers from all over the world. It has an amazing set of tools and facilitates the users with guaranteed speed for websites.
The server uptime of Bluehost is among the best in the market.
Bluehost provides many very different hosting solutions, including WordPress, shared, dedicated, VPS, and WooCommerce. It also has facilities related to professional marketing services.
Main Differences Between GoDaddy and Bluehost
- The server response time of GoDaddy is high when there is high traffic in the system, which is not the problem in the case of Bluehost.
- GoDaddy claims it has an uptime of 99.9%, but sometimes customers claim it has a high downtime compared to Bluehost. Bluehost, conversely, does not claim any uptime but is determined to provide 99.9% uptime.
- GoDaddy has a user-friendly interface that is simple and easy to use. But sometimes, it becomes a little complex for non-technical users. However, Bluehost wins by providing very simple and user-friendly features and is loved by the customers.
- The customer support of GoDaddy is a little loose, and customers frequently report its non-responsive customer support team. But Bluehost is a reliable and active support team with amazing features to contact them through different sources like telephone, chatting, or email.
- The money-back guarantee of GoDaddy makes it unique among all web hosts. It provides its users with 45 days of free services before putting their money into it. In the case of Bluehost, it gives a money-back guarantee of just 30 days, which also on hosting plans you purchase that do not include any add-ons like the domain name.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.