These days in order to stay in the competition, you have to give your business or agency updated. And if you want to do so, you need analytics software to keep an eye on how things are going. Choosing the right analytics tracker is not an easy task and the key features to choose one is:
- Achieve goals efficiently
- Guage how your methods are performing in the market
- Discover new opportunities
Hotjar and Google Analytics are two such fantastic analytics softwares that do almost all of your job without even you being involved. The two have some amazing features which contrast each other and by joining the two, you can give your business an extraordinary boost.
Hotjar vs Google Analytics
The difference between Hotjar and Google Analytics is that Google Analytics is best suited for the goals that require basic data and analytics. However, for businesses that need an in-depth study, Hotjar is the preferred one there.
Comparison Table Between Hotjar and Google Analytics
|Parameter of Comparison||Hotjar||Google Analytics|
|Tools and Features||Hotjar has a better set of advanced tools to get a better look at the business. It includes heatmaps, feedback services built, and visitor recordings.||Google Analytics has a very efficient combined set of features that works very fine with a low range agency. However, these tools are way less efficient than what Hotjar offers.|
|Learning Rate||Hotjar has a fast learning rate and a short learning curve which means it starts working as soon as it gets the website.||Google Analytics has a large learning curve which makes it a bit slower at the beginning of the analysis. However, later it maintains a decent pace.|
|Best suitability||Hotjar is best suited for businesses and websites which require advanced analysis of their websites and user’s interests.||Google Analytics is best suited for firms that need fundamental data analytics and research.|
|Affordability||Hotjar is not at all free and to be precise, it is not that affordable for various companies.||Google Analytics is totally free. From any company, it does not need any paid upgrades or hidden fees.|
|Visitor Recordings||Hotjar has the ability to see real-time website engagements.||Google Analytics does not provide the facility for visitor recordings.|
What is Hotjar?
Hotjar is an analytics platform that also provides heatmap services. It has some of the very amazing features that make it unique among other analytics companies like Google analytics. It has the following features:
- Analyze how users are interacting with your website
- Investigate if any visitor encountered issues in their interaction with your website
- Gather up direct feedback from the users about their experience on your website
It comes in free as well as the paid version which is mainly designed for business enterprises with high-traffic and advanced customization features.
Hotjar comes up with astonishing and unique heatmap software that tracks how users are interacting and helps the owner to redesign the website layout and many more.
Hotjar gives an option of a free trial to test the software before buying it which is applicable for 15 days. After that, the customer has to pay in order to continue the services.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is an analytics software that helps its users to track how their business is performing via various parameters like actions, interest, time spent in the form of various graphs and plots. Google Analytics is originated by the tech giant, Google, which is solely created to promote businesses all around the world. Google Analytics is best suited for the users that need basic data analysis and does not want to spend so much. It integrates with WordPress, Shopify, and many more major platforms.
Google Analytics has a very amazing set of basic and useful features to get your job done if you are a beginner. However, it has a large learning curve which means a user can connect to it instantly, but it will take some time to properly become functional. Google Analytics is currently available for:
Main Differences Between Hotjar and Google Analytics
- Hotjar has a fantastic set of tools that are best for advanced abilities while Google Analytics gives the features which are needed by companies with basic requirements.
- Hotjar has an amazing learning rate and a short learning curve. This makes it very quick to adapt to a website. However, Google Analytics has a large learning curve and a little low learning rate which reflects in its performance for an initial phase.
- Hotjar is suitable for a company that requires a deep analysis and advanced features like a heatmap. On the other hand, Google Analytics is best suited for agencies that require basic data analysis.
- Hotjar is less affordable when it comes to pricing. However, the services it provides, are worth the price it demands. But, Google Analytics is free and you just need to create an account to get benefitted from the services.
- Hotjar has a unique ability to analyze real-time website engagements while Google Analytics lacks this feature.
As we talked about how important it is to have analytics software for any website in order to stay in the competition. This keeps the website updated and also let their owner know in which part they need to improve like website layout or database or designing.
We can conclude by the above comparisons that Hotjar and Google Analytics have very different users and are equally important. According to the preferences and budget, different companies choose between these two.
If you are a company that wants affordable analytics software with basic and efficient features for its business to grow, you should go with Google Analytics. However, if you need advanced software that has extraordinary tools to keep you at the top in your market, Hotjar should be your choice.
Table of Contents