User analytics is an essential yet understated component of running a business online. Analyzing the statistics created with every visit of a new customer to a website can help understand its wants.
This understanding helps to increase sales and boost revenue in an unprecedented way. Two platforms that provide this service are Hotjar and Lucky orange.
- Hotjar and Lucky Orange are web analytics tools that provide insights into user behavior on a website.
- Hotjar offers heatmaps, surveys, and session recordings to help analyze user behavior, while Lucky Orange offers similar features and live chat functionality.
- Hotjar is geared towards UX designers and marketers, while Lucky Orange focuses more on business conversion rate optimization.
Hotjar vs Lucky Orange
The difference between Hotjar and Lucky orange is that Hotjar gathers information over a specified period and compiles it into a graph or other forms of representation to denote the overall consumer experience. Lucky Orange is more advanced in that it gathers and displays the data in real-time.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameters of Comparison||Hotjar||Lucky Orange|
|Representation of Data collected||Hotjar employs heat maps and graphs to represent the traffic that comes into a website.||Lucky orange also uses the same features.|
|Collection of Data||Data collection on the user experience is collected at specific intervals and displayed. It may not be an accurate representation.||Lucky orange is striking in that it collects data almost instantaneously and will display it in the form of a heat map. It is an accurate description of the statistics collected.|
|Support team||The support team provided by Hotjar is said to be lacking the options with which customers can use to reach out to them and can improve on that.||Lucky orange does provide quality support.|
|Interface||The interface for Hotjar is one of the best when it comes to its intuitiveness, and it is easy to navigate through.||Lucky orange has a formidable interface design but is not in the same league as Hotjar.|
|Effects on the website||A major problem regarding the usage of Hotjar is that it can significantly slow down the web page loading. This can hinder future visits from previous visitors.||Lucky Orange is better at this issue as it does not affect the webpage.|
What is Hotjar?
As a business owner, if you want to increase your turnover, then Hotjar is the tool you are looking for. It is attributed to the fact that Hotjar collects information pertaining to the experience of an individual visiting a site.
Hotjar is an online platform that can be used as an extension to create different forms of representation, such as heat ma, ps, which will show the pages on which most visitors are found. The red color in the heat map will represent the page that receives the longest visits.
It can collect massive amounts of data regarding visitor behavior. It also allows the owner of a website to view recordings of the visit paid by an individual. This will help the owner of a website to understand the exact behavior of a visitor.
It can also be used to run surveys while the visitor is still on the website. These short and concise questions can lead to a visitor providing constructive criticism to the website’s owner.
Hotjar compiles the data into forms that are lucid and can be registered by anybody. There is no need for prior knowledge of different terms or jargon.
Although it is said that Hotjar can slow down the loading of web pages, it is effortless to set up without any hassle.
What is Lucky Orange?
Lucky orange is an online analytic tool that is unique in the manner it displays data. This is because Lucky orange can release analysis in re+al time. The best part is that it does not slow down the server much while still giving out relevant information.
It can track the journey of a visitor to the website from the beginning to the end. They also denote the analysis using Heat maps.
It overlays user source, device network, and browser metrics to increase the heat maps’ accuracy. This tool is a perfect fit for businesses that want information regarding each user’s experience on the site and feedback.
Lucky orange does allow the owner of the business website to view recordings of the screen of individuals in need of it. However, it does not offer the “chat” option to help customers interact and receive the support they require.
Main Differences Between Hotjar and Lucky Orange
- Data is collected over a stipulated interval of time by Hotjar. Data collection and analysis happens in real-time.
- The interface created by Hotjar is very streamlined, and information can be accessed easily. Lucky orange will have to improve their interface to make it easier.
- The information and analysis are not fresh and may not be up to date. Lucky Orange will provide up to date analysis.
- Although Hotjar does have several features and can display data using different methods, it can increase the time it takes for a web page to load. Lucky orange has lesser features and hence, is not too heavy.
- Hotjar analyzes the overall visitor experience. Lucky orange can be used to understand individual users and their journey through the website.
- Hotjar allows single question surveys to be carried out. Lucky orange has polls.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.