Undoubtedly citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C, so consuming a grapefruit, guava, pomela or an orange will surely fetch tons of benefits. Tangerines are a part of this list too and they are enormous.
Orange vs Tangerine
The difference between Oranges and Tangerines is their size. Oranges are big and round. On the other hand, Tangerines are petite and small. Because of their size and easily removable peel, Tangerines are regarded to be a perfect pocket friendly food.
Oranges and Tangerines are citrus fruits which look the same and are frequently confused for one another. Both these fruits have a mixture of nutrients. They are quite sweet and are low in calories.
Oranges and Tangerines are closely related since they are members of the same family but they are actually different fruits with similar qualities. They have different origins and variations.
Oranges and Tangerines are bright and sweet fruits that come into season in the winter months mainly in November and continue till June. They bring comfort in our winter diets. Besides aiding our diets, tangerines and oranges have huge health benefits as well.
Comparison Table Between Orange and Tangerine (in Tabular Form)
|Parameter of Comparison||Orange||Tangerine|
|Appearance||Oranges are bigger and rounder than Tangerines.||Tangerines are smaller than oranges and are flattened.|
|Taste||Oranges are less sweet than Tangerines.||Tangerines are sweeter than Oranges and have a stronger flavour.|
|Nutrient content||Oranges are a rich source of vitamin C.||Tangerines are a rich source of vitamin A.|
|Origination||The place of origin of Oranges is Asia.||The place of origin of Tangerines is Florida.|
|Color||Oranges are mostly yellowish- orange in colour.||Tangerines are mostly reddish-orange.|
What is Orange?
Oranges are one of the most popular fruits in the world. The origin of oranges is unknown, but the cultivation is assumed to have started many years ago in eastern Asia.
Orange is a citrus fruit that is highly nutritious and low in calories. Oranges have a lot of benefits. Apart from contributing to a healthy and varied diet, they also have many health benefits and also keep the skin clear and strong.
Oranges can be used in many different ways.
For example, one can consume them whole or in juices. Orange can also be used to add a tangy flavor to desserts.
Oranges are available in different varieties. They can be split into four categories.
- Navel: Navel is the most common variety of orange. It is named so because it grows a second fruit at the base which looks like a human belly button.
- Common orange: These are mostly used to produce juice. Common oranges are also available in different varieties- Gardener, Hamlin and Valencia.
- Acid less or sweet: As the name suggests, this orange is very low in acid levels. They are not used in making juice but mostly eaten because of low acid.
- Blood or pigmented: This class of orange is known to have dark red flesh. They may also have dark red spots sometimes.
Benefits of eating oranges:
- High in Vitamin C
- Healthy immune system
- Prevents skin damage
- Keeps blood pressure under check
- Lowers cholesterol
- Controls blood sugar level
- Lowers the risk of cancer
- Alkalizes the body
- Good eye health
- Safeguards against constipation
What is Tangerine?
Tangerine is a citrus fruit that is rich in vitamins and minerals like potassium, folate and thiamine. It is grown in the tropical areas of Asia. They are known for the righteousness that they have been supplying to the world for numerous years now.
They are one of the most liked and healthy fruits today because of the sweet taste it possesses, its thin skin and its health benefits. Tangerine is a citrus fruit that is rich in vitamins and minerals like potassium, folate and thiamine. It is grown in the tropical areas of Asia.
This fruit can be consumed by mouth for many health issues like asthma, liver disease, clogged arteries, indigestion, chemotherapy side effects, lung cancer, colon and others. Tangerines can also help in regulating blood pressure, protecting your heart.
They also help to minimise cancer risk, by stopping the growth of cancer cells. Tangerines also help to maintain healthy skin and good and long hair. Apart from the nutritional benefits that tangerines have, the high fiber and the low calorie also help to reduce weight. Tangerines are available everywhere. It is available in supermarkets and can also be purchased online.
Tangerine baskets can also be a good and healthy gift.
Benefits of eating tangerines:
- Promotes a healthy heart.
- Maintains a good digestive system.
- It can help reduce stress.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Regulates blood pressure
- Reduces cancer risks
- Maintains good skin and hair.
Main Differences Between Orange and Tangerine
- The primary difference between Oranges and Tangerines is their size. Oranges are bigger and rounder than Tangerines.
- Oranges are mostly yellowish- orange in colour, whereas Tangerines are mostly reddish-orange.
- Tangerines have a stronger flavour than oranges.They are sweeter than oranges.
- Oranges are a rich source of vitamin C, while Tangerines are rich in vitamin A.
- Thin skin is present in both Oranges and Tangerines, but Oranges are more difficult to peel than Tangerines.
Tangerine and Oranges are citrus fruits that look the same, but are not. They belong to the same species, but they have few differences like taste, size, shape, origination and so on. One doesn’t have to worry too much about their differences.
Oranges and Tangerines are composed of water and carbs.They support digestive health since they are high in fiber. Oranges and Tangerines are rich in Vitamins and minerals. They are high in vitamin C and vitamin A.
They are also rich in potassium, folate and thiamine. They help in many health issues since they are rich in many plant compounds. Oranges and Tangerines are famous because of their sweetness. Both these fruits are sweet and delicious. They can have seeds or can be seedless.
Both can be consumed in many different ways, like eating them as a whole or in the form of juices. The peels can also be useful, they can be added in desserts to give them a tangy flavour. To eat by hand is the finest way to consume Tangerines and Oranges. One can use their fingernails to peel and enjoy them. These fruits can be a good addition in fruit bowls.
Table of Contents