Cyber security has advanced a lot in today’s time.
People are more aware of online scams and other such things. However, with the advancements in the field of cyber security, online frauds, hacking software, and such things have advanced as well.
Thus, for better protection of users’ data and devices, such as computers, laptops, and mobile phones, several different companies provide protection software to users.
Two of the most popular companies which provide protection software are Quick heal and McAfee. Quick heal is one of the most popular companies that originated in India.
Quick heal total security and quick heal total shield are two such protection software that is provided by quick heal.
- Quick Heal Total Security is an antivirus software suite providing comprehensive protection, while Total Shield is a multi-device security solution offering advanced features.
- Quick Heal Total Security offers antivirus, firewall, and anti-phishing features, while Total Shield includes additional capabilities like identity theft protection and parental controls.
- Both security suites aim to protect users’ devices and data from various online threats and malware.
Quick Heal Total Security vs Total Shield
Quick Heal offers comprehensive protection against viruses, malware, ransomware, phishing attacks, and more. Total Shield provides real-time threat detection to protect your data from malicious activities on the web and anti-spam filtering for incoming emails.
Quick heal total security is a protection software released by quick heal company which protects users’ privacy and user’s data from internet theft.
It provides several different features such as data breach alert, phishing protection, browsing protection, and more. All these features enable safe internet surfing for the users.
Quick heal total shield, as the name suggests, the software protects the device, be it through online threats, or offline malware as well.
Some features of the quick heal total security are forgotten password protection, emergency disk, boot time scan, and more. All these features not just provide online protection to users but protect them from malware and viruses as well.
|Parameters of comparison
|Quick heal total security
|Quick heal total shield
|Minimum disk space required
|Quick heal total security requires a minimum of 2.1 GB of disk space.
|Quick heal total shield requires a minimum of 1.9 GB of disk space.
|Quick heal total security is less expensive as compared to the total shield.
|Quick heal total shield is more expensive as compared to total security.
|Quick heal total security does not support the browser sandbox feature.
|Quick heal total shield supports browser sandbox feature.
|Quick heal total security does not support firewall features.
|Quick heal total shield supports firewall features.
|Quick heal total security has a standard scan engine.
|Quick heal total shield has an improved scan engine.
What is Quick Heal Total Security?
Quick heal total security can work in almost all the operating systems which are prominently used in today’s time, such as windows 11, windows 10, Windows XP, and more.
However, to operate the quick heal total security in your device, it has some requirements to be fulfilled.
The device requirements are that it should have a disk space of about a minimum of 2.1 GB, the browsing system of your device should be either internet explorer 6 or the further developed ones,
the screen resolution of the device should be equal to 1024 by 768, and lastly, the device must have a stable internet connection so that you can receive time to time updates from the software.
The RAM taken up by the quick heal total security is about 1 GB for 32 bits, 2 GB for 64 bits, and 512 MB for Windows XP operating systems.
Some of the core protection and features provided by quick heal total security are ransomware protection, virus protection, browsing protection, protection from phishing, webcam control, protection from malware, and more.
Apart from safety features, total security also enables certain features to the users for smoother functioning of the divide in which the software has been installed.
Some of such features are PC tuner feature, automatic silent mode, PC tuner, and more.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|System Three Quick Cure 5 Epoxy Adhesive, 1 Pint Kit
|Check Price on Amazon
|i/o (2CD + Dolby Atmos Blu-ray)
|Check Price on Amazon
What is Total Shield?
Just like quick heal total shield, the total security can also run in most of the operating devices which are used prominently in today’s time.
However, it also has certain requirements which must be fulfilled by the devices for the quick heal total shield to run.
The major requirements of a device are that the disk space of the device should be a minimum of 1.9 GB, the browsing system of the device must be internet explorer 6 or any other furthermore developed browsing system,
the device must have a CD slot or DVD drive, and lastly, the device must have a stable internet connection so that you can receive time to time updates from the software.
The major protection features and protection services provided by the quick heal total shield are antivirus feature, anti-spyware feature, anti-malware feature, anti-rootkit feature, firewall feature, anti logger, improved scan engine,
virtual keyboard, vulnerability feature, privacy protection, flash drive protection, quick heal remote device management (RDM), safe mode protection and more.
Apart from that, total shield enables safer internet surfing to users by providing features such as email security, data theft protection, safe banking feature, web security, and more.
Main Differences Between Quick Heal Total Security and Total Shield
- Quick heal total security is a software which is desgined to protect users only while they are surfing the internet, such as online phishing and viruses. On the other hand, quick heal total shield protects users in both aspects, that is online threats and offline threats as well.
- Quick heal total security does not have an advanced DNA scan. Whereas, quick heal total shield has an advanced DNA scan.
- Quick heal total security can work on most of the prominently used operating systems, such as windows 10, windows 8, and Windows XP operating systems. On the other hand, quick heal total shield is designed to work on windows 10, windows 8.1, windows 8, windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 2000 operating systems.
- Quick heal total security does not provide a data theft protection feature, instead, it has the data breach alert feature. On the other hand, a quick heal total shield provides a data theft protection feature.
- Quick heal total security does not provide core protection to users. Whereas, quick heal total shield provides core protection to its users.
Last Updated : 18 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.