When we talk about the new generation, we talk about technology giving it the prior position in growth.
When we talk about technology, it is obvious that we are followed up with the talk about how everything and anything is possible via online services by sitting at any place or corner of the world.
So when we talk about online services, we know we can search for anything and everything on the internet, and our answers are in front of our eyes within 20 seconds or less.
Hence, WordPress provides services like creating websites and publishing content under WordPress.
Cloudways and Bluehost both are managed WordPress hosting. Cloudways and Bluehost both act as hosts of WordPress. Cloudways and Bluehost have different plans for bloggers, small businesses, and website owners.
- Cloudways is a cloud-based hosting platform that offers managed hosting services, while Bluehost is a traditional web hosting company that offers shared hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated hosting.
- Cloudways provides better scalability, security, and performance than Bluehost, but it may be more expensive and require more technical expertise to set up and manage.
- Bluehost is more affordable and user-friendly than Cloudways, but it may offer a different level of flexibility and customization.
Cloudways vs Bluehost
Cloudways may be a better choice for websites requiring higher performance, security, and scalability. Bluehost may be a more affordable option for smaller websites. Cloudways charges customers based on their usage of server resources. Bluehost charges customers a flat rate per month.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Cloudways doesn’t have the facility of multiple billing.
|Bluehost has the facility of multiple billing.
|Cloudways have a complete package of hosting for all the plans.
|Bluehost doesn’t have the facility of complete package hosting for all the plans.
|Cloudways have complete security within the plans of hosting.
|Bluehost doesn’t have full security within the plan of hosting.
|Choice of Multiple Infrastructures
|Cloudways support the choice of infrastructures.
|Bluehost doesn’t have the choice of infrastructure.
|Customization of Server
|Cloudways have server customization.
|Bluehost doesn’t have server customization.
|Collaboration of Team
|Cloudways allows the collaboration of the team.
|Bluehost does not allow collaboration with the team.
|Customization on 1 Click
|Cloudways support 1 click customization.
|Bluehost doesn’t support 1 click customization.
|Cloudways support multiple applications.
|Bluehost doesn’t support multiple applications.
|Cloning of Application and Server at 1 click
|Cloudways do cloning of applications and servers in 1 click.
|Bluehost doesn’t support the cloning of applications and servers at one go.
|Cloudways have the facility of Hipchat Integration.
|Bluehost doesn’t have the facility of Hipchat Integration.
|Real-Time Server and Health Notifications
|Cloudways support near-real-time server and app health notifications.
|Bluehost doesn’t support real-time server and app health notifications.
|Free Wildcard SSL Certificates
|Cloudways have free wildcard SSL certificates.
|Bluehost doesn’t have any free wildcard SSL certificates.
|Unlimited Areas of Staging
|Cloudways have unlimited areas of staging.
|Bluehost doesn’t have an unlimited area of staging.
|Options of Database
|Cloudways have options for the database
|Bluehost does not have options for the database.
|GITHUB Repo Access and integrated GIT
|Cloudways support integrated GIT and GITHUB REPO Access.
|Bluehost doesn’t support integrated GIT and GitHub Repo Access.
|Transfers of Server
|Cloudways allows server transfers.
|Bluehost doesn’t allow server transfers.
What is Cloudways?
Cloudways was founded in the year 2009. Cloudways is a managed web hosting of WordPress. Cloudways was founded by Pere Hospital, Aaqib Gadit, and Uzair Gadit.
The headquarters of Cloudways is geographically located on the islands of Malta, which is in Europe. Cloudways also has its offices geographically located in Spain and Dubai.
The main mission of Cloudways is to provide solutions for managed hosting to its users, which is approximately 8000 throughout 43 countries so that their customers can easily work online for their business and makes handling multiple hosting headaches an easy process.
Cloudways owns 30+ staff, 12000+ servers, and 25000+ web apps which is why Cloudways is known for its modern technology compared to Bluehost.
What is Bluehost?
Bluehost is a managed WordPress hosting, a general web hosting platform with different plans for different types of users like business owners, bloggers, etc. Bluehost is a treasure of Endurance International Group.
Bluehost was founded in 2003, approximately 17 years ago, to be precise. Matt Heaton founded Bluehost. The headquarters of Bluehost is geographically located in Utah, the United States of America, and Orem.
Key People of Bluehost are:
- Matt Heaton: who was CEO of Bluehost between the years 2003 to 2011.
- Dan Handy: who was CEO of Bluehost between the years 2011 to 2015.
- Mike Olson: who was CEO of Bluehost between the years 2015 and 2016.
- James Grierson: who was CEO of Bluehost between the years 2016 and 2017.
- Suhaib Zaheer: who was CEO of Bluehost between the years 2017 and the present.
Bluehost is considered to be in the list of Top 20 web hostings worldwide, collectively hosting more than 2 million domains in particular.
Main Differences Between Cloudways and Bluehost
- When we compare Cloudways and Bluehost, Cloudways have many facilities that Bluehost doesn’t have.
- Though, Cloudways lack the facility of personal data centres, whereas Bluehost has its data centres.
- Cloudways and Bluehost both work very differently.
- Cloudways seems new in the market, whereas Bluehost is way old than Cloudways.
- On a reliability basis, Cloudways is a better option than Bluehost because of its more facilities and new technology.
Last Updated : 11 June, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.