Around 250,000 websites are uploaded on the internet every day.
Out of these 250,000 websites, not all of them are owned by developers who know how to program.
Instead, many of these sites are started by people with zero knowledge about programming, but they use certain software to handle their sites.
- HubSpot is an all-in-one marketing, sales, and customer service platform, while WordPress is a content management system (CMS) primarily for website building and blogging.
- WordPress offers greater customization options and a larger ecosystem of plugins and themes than HubSpot.
- HubSpot provides built-in CRM and marketing automation tools, while WordPress requires third-party integrations for similar functionality.
HubSpot vs WordPress
HubSpot is a more comprehensive platform for businesses looking to manage their marketing, sales, and service functions in one place. It helps attract, engage, and delight customers. WordPress, is a content management system or CMS that is primarily used for creating websites and blogs.
HubSpot was started in 2006 as a company that provided software for increasing sales by focusing on inbound marketing.
But now, it has extended its services beyond that and HubSpot now provides Content Management System (CRM), Sales software, Marketing Software, and customer service software.
Today, HubSpot has 128,000+ customers.
WordPress is a Content Management System (CRM), meaning, that it is a software that can help you in managing the content of your website.
The advantage here is that anyone can use this software, with or without knowledge about developing websites.
Commonly, it is used by bloggers and small businesses.
|Parameters of Comparison||HubSpot||WordPress|
|Owned by||HubSpot Inc.||WordPress Foundation|
|Launched in||June 2006||May 2003|
|Founded by||Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah||Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little|
|Objective||Inbound marketing using software||Creating and deploying websites|
|Software Offered||Sales Software, Content Management System, Marketing Software, and Customer Service Software||Content Management System (CMS)|
|Type of service offered||Freemium (Free + paid upgrades)||Free|
|Nature of institution||Incorporation||Organization|
|Stock market listing||Listed in the stock market||Not listed in the stock market|
What is HubSpot?
In simple words, HubSpot is a software company that aims at increasing the business of other institutions by using technology.
It offers high-tech services like web analytics, content management, search engine optimization (SEO), customer relationship management, live chat, customer support, and social media marketing.
In June 2006, HubSpot was founded by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah. Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah were studying at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) when they saw a change in the way people were shopping and decided to set a new trend.
They observed that people have started to ignore interruptive ads, and from here the idea of “inbound” marketing was born.
HubSpot was aimed at transforming businesses to help people, rather than harass them by showing unwanted ads.
And it is a well-known fact, that when you help someone, they always help you back. Therefore, if you help your customer, they will help you back – in one way or another.
Starting at MIT, HubSpot has since then grown into a great organization.
The proof of this statement is that HubSpot generated revenue of 883.026 million US dollars in the year 2020. Also, HubSpot now serves more than 128,000 customers in over 120 countries.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a big name in the blogging world. It is a software that allows people with zero information about programming to create and deploy beautiful and informative websites on the internet.
Many people have different knowledge and they want to spread it using the internet but they don’t have the necessary skill for that, this is where WordPress comes in and solves the problem – enabling anyone and everyone to successfully start their website.
On 27 May 2003, the first version of WordPress software was released. It was developed by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
Now, WordPress software is developed and released by the WordPress Foundation and its developers. WordPress software comes under the categories of the content management system and blog software.
Since its start, WordPress has been a trendsetter. But in today’s competitive world, it still holds its position.
WordPress is trusted by companies and organizations like The White House, BBC America, Vogue, and many other great names.
WordPress is used by 43% of sites on the internet, which makes it the most used CMS software.
WordPress is already packed with features, but it offers the feature of adding plug-ins and extensions to make your website better and flamboyant.
Main Differences Between HubSpot and WordPress
- HubSpot is owned by HubSpot Inc. whereas WordPress is owned by WordPress Foundation.
- HubSpot was launched in 2006 whereas WordPress was launched in 2003.
- HubSpot was developed by Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah whereas WordPress was developed by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little.
- HubSpot is aimed at inbound marketing using technology whereas WordPress is aimed at making software for the creation and deployment of websites.
- HubSpot offers Marketing Software, Sales Software, Content Management System, and Customer Service Software as compared to WordPress which offers Content Management System and Blogging Software.
- HubSpot is a freemium service – meaning that it is free to use but additional upgrades cost money. But, WordPress is completely free to use and all the updates are free.
- HubSpot is registered as incorporation whereas WordPress is registered as an Organization.
- HubSpot is listed in the stock market but WordPress isn’t.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.