There are hundreds of VPNs services in the market that provide different services to their users with various functions and benefits. However, IPVanish VPN and Private Internet Access are both compatible VPN used mostly.
Both are contenders in their speed, privacy, security, strong encryption, and price. Both give a tough time to their user in the selection of a reliable VPN. Though, there are quite differences between the two best VPNs.
IPVanish vs Private Internet Access
The difference between IPVanish and Private Internet Access is the service they provide. IPVanish has an average downloading speed of 61.25 Mbps, whereas private internet access has 85.08 Mbps. IPVanish VPN is available in more than 50 countries. On the other side, PIA serves nearly 3o countries. Also, it is more affordable than IPVanish and gives browser extensions. Although, the preceding supports BitTorrent, and the subsequent does not.
Comparison Table Between IPVanish and Private Internet Access (in Tabular Form)
|Parameter of Comparison||IPVanish VPN||Private Internet Access|
|Avg. D/L speed||Average speed of IPVanish is about 62.15 Mbps.||Average speed of PIA is 84.18 Mbps.|
|Privacy rating||Ideal privacy rate is 4.5/5.||Ideal privacy rate is 4.5/5.|
|Streaming support||IPVanish offers HD streaming support.||PIA offers HD & 4K HDR streaming support.|
|Countries where VPN allows Bit torrent||There are 50+ countries where IPVanish allows bit-Torrenting.||There are 32 countries where PIA allows bit-Torrenting.|
|Server count||It provides 1300+ friendly servers.||It provides 3300+ responsive servers.|
|Platforms supported||IPVanish support 8 different platforms.||PIA support 5 various platforms.|
|Connections allowed||IPVanish allow user to connect ten devices simultaneously||PIA also allow user to connect ten devices simultaneously|
|Money back guarantee||There is seven days money back guarantee for user in IPVanish VPN.||There is seven days money back guarantee for user in PIA.|
|Payment methods||The IPVanish users get more choice of payment method by the support of PayPal, Credit cards, Bitcoin, Gift cards, TorGuard, and more.||Users can pay for PIA with any major PayPal, Credit cards, Bitcoin, Gift cards, and more.|
What is IPVanish?
Network security is a tricky way but using an IPVanish VPN goes the right and clear way to make the web harmless and secure.
IPVanish is a type of virtual private network invented in the US (2012). It is easy to use and provides excellent security features with high-speed streaming. It provides fast average connection speeds, wide global server coverage, and excellent multi-platform support.
It also protects its users from spammers and hackers while performing online activities. This service also provides a supportive platform for Bit-Torrenting.
What is Private Internet Access?
The PIA VPN promises high speed, ultra-reliable networking, and efficient security. PIA is also a type of virtual private network invented in the US (2010). It is a contract-based priced service.
It offers excellent connection speed, prime online security, and privacy protections for its users. PIA provides strong encryption and a superb choice of server around the world.
It is a highly subscribed VPN service that is often praised and appreciated by privacy-conscious individuals.
Main Differences Between IPVanish and Private Internet Access
There are many differences between the IPVanish VPN and Private Internet Access.
- IPVanish is a high-priced VPN while PIA is low-priced VPN.
- There are 14,000 IP addresses whereas in PIA only 1000 IP addresses are included.
- IPVanish has 256-bit military-grade encryption but IPA has 128-bit to 1024-bit grade encryption.
- IPVanish provides native apps for Windows, macOS, IOS, android, and amazon fire TV devices. While, PIA provides native apps for Windows, macOS, IOS, Android, and Linux device platform.
- IPVanish offers a browser extension for just one platform. But the other one offers a browser extension for three platforms.
- There is no VPN kill switch feature. However, PIA has an excellent VPN kill switch feature that disables internet access if the VPN drops.
- There is no free proxy server in the first one. Whereas, in PIA there is a free proxy server included with the system.
- IPVanish provides a server on six continents while PIA provides a server on three continents.
- There is no IP rotation in IPVanish. However, PIA allows IP rotation without losing the VPN connection.
- PIA has IPv6 protection as compared to IPVanish VPN.
- In IPVanish, NAT firewall included. Whereas, there is no firewall in PIA.
- There is a live chat option in IPVanish as compared to others.
- IPVanish provides quick and informational replies from the provider’s support agent. While, on the other hand, PIA takes hours to provide replies from the provider’s support agent.
- IPVanish offers support through an easy to search support library. But, PIA offers support through a knowledge-filled support library.
- IPVanish fails to offer reliable streaming services. But, PIA competently provides a great opportunity for streaming.
- Both provide their own DNS to reduce the chance of DNS leak.
- In IPVanish, protocol choices are PPTP, IKEv2, L2TP, and Open VPN. But in PIA, protocol choices are PPTP, L2TP, and Open VPN.
- IPVanish provides comprehensive global server coverage. While PIA needs some expansion for global server coverage.
- In IPVanish, global servers are limited as compared to PIA.
IPVanish provides a real impression for speed and numbers at server locations. However, Private Internet Access stands out for its extra security features and proxy services.
Nevertheless, IPVanish is superior to PIA because it supports a few more devices than later. One of the main reasons to use IPVanish VPN is to protect users from scammers while performing their online activities and sharing files with other devices (Hiss, 2020).
IPVanish also follows a strict no-logs policy. It allows unlimited P2P connections and can torrent safely. It has a status for speed, reliability, and open-source.
IPVanish deserves praises for offering servers in Africa and South America that are often highly snubbed by VPN services. (Eddy, 2019)
Table of Contents