Hundreds of VPN services in the market provide different services to their users with various functions and benefits. However, IPVanish VPN and Private Internet Access are both compatible VPNs used chiefly.
Both are contenders in their speed, privacy, security, strong encryption, and price. Both give a tough time to their user in the selection of a reliable VPN. Though, there are quite differences between the two best VPNs.
- IPVanish and Private Internet Access are virtual private network (VPN) services providing online privacy and security.
- IPVanish has a more extensive network of servers and supports more simultaneous connections than Private Internet Access.
- Private Internet Access is more affordable and offers advanced features such as ad-blocking and malware protection.
IPVanish vs Private Internet Access
The difference between IPVanish and Private Internet Access is the service they provide. IPVanish has an average downloading speed of 61.25 Mbps, whereas private internet access has 85.08 Mbps. IPVanish VPN is available in more than 50 countries. On the other side, PIA serves nearly 3o countries. Also, it is more affordable than IPVanish and gives browser extensions. Although the preceding supports BitTorrent, the subsequent does not.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
|Parameter of Comparison||IPVanish VPN||Private Internet Access|
|Avg. D/L speed||The average speed of IPVanish is about 62.15 Mbps.||The average speed of PIA is 84.18 Mbps.|
|Privacy rating||The ideal privacy rate is 4.5/5.||The ideal privacy rate is 4.5/5.|
|Streaming support||IPVanish offers HD streaming support.||PIA offers HD & 4K HDR streaming support.|
|Countries where VPN allows Bit torrent||There are 50+ countries where IPVanish allows bit-Torrenting.||There are 32 countries where PIA allows bit-Torrenting.|
|Server count||It provides 1300+ friendly servers.||It provides 3300+ responsive servers.|
|Platforms supported||IPVanish support 8 different platforms.||PIA support 5 various platforms.|
|Connections allowed||IPVanish allow the user to connect ten devices simultaneously||PIA also allow the user to connect ten devices simultaneously|
|Money back guarantee||There are seven days money-back guarantees for users in IPVanish VPN.||There are seven days money-back guarantees for users in PIA.|
|Payment methods||The IPVanish users get more choices of payment methods with the support of PayPal, Credit cards, Bitcoin, Gift cards, TorGuard, and more.||Users can pay for PIA with any major PayPal, Credit card, Bitcoin, Gift card, and more.|
What is IPVanish?
Network security is a tricky way but using an IPVanish VPN goes the right and straightforward way to make the web harmless and secure.
IPVanish is a type of virtual private network invented in the US (2012). It is easy to use and provides excellent security features with high-speed streaming.
It provides fast average connection speeds, comprehensive global server coverage, and excellent multi-platform support.
It also protects its users from spammers and hackers while performing online activities. This service also provides a supportive platform for BitTorrenting.
What is Private Internet Access?
The PIA VPN promises high speed, ultra-reliable networking, and efficient security. PIA is also a type of virtual private network invented in the US (2010). It is a contract-based priced service.
It offers excellent connection speed, prime online security, and privacy protections for its users. PIA provides strong encryption and a superb choice of servers around the world.
It is a highly subscribed VPN service that privacy-conscious individuals often praise and appreciate.
Main Differences Between IPVanish and Private Internet Access
There are many differences between the IPVanish VPN and Private Internet Access.
- IPVanish is a high-priced VPN, while PIA is a low-priced VPN.
- There are 14,000 IP addresses, whereas, in PIA, only 1000 IP addresses are included.
- IPVanish has 256-bit military-grade encryption, but IPA has 128-bit to 1024-bit-grade encryption.
- IPVanish provides native apps for Windows, macOS, IOS, android, and amazon fire TV devices. At the same time, PIA provides native apps for Windows, macOS, IOS, Android, and Linux device platforms.
- IPVanish offers a browser extension for just one platform. But the other one offers a browser extension for three platforms.
- There is no VPN kill switch feature. However, if the VPN drops, PIA has an excellent VPN kill switch feature that disables internet access.
- There is no accessible proxy server in the first one. Whereas in PIA, a free proxy server is included with the system.
- IPVanish provides a server on six continents, while PIA provides one on three continents.
- There is no IP rotation in IPVanish. However, PIA allows IP rotation without losing the VPN connection.
- PIA has IPv6 protection as compared to IPVanish VPN.
- In IPVanish, a NAT firewall is included. At the same time, there is no firewall in PIA.
- There is a live chat option in IPVanish as compared to others.
- IPVanish provides quick and informational replies from the provider’s support agent. While on the other hand, PIA takes hours to provide replies from the provider’s support agent.
- IPVanish offers support through an easy-to-search support library. But, PIA offers support through a knowledge-filled support library.
- IPVanish fails to offer reliable streaming services. But, PIA competently provides an excellent opportunity for streaming.
- Both provide their own DNS to reduce the chance of a DNS leak.
- In IPVanish, protocol choices are PPTP, IKEv2, L2TP, and Open VPN. But in PIA, protocol choices are PPTP, L2TP, and Open VPN.
- IPVanish provides comprehensive global server coverage. At the same time, PIA needs some expansion for global server coverage.
- In IPVanish, global servers are limited as compared to PIA.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.