There are several complex technical terms that are frequently used, but a lot of people do not know the meanings of such terms.
It is common to be confused by the names of the latest technologies. It is necessary to understand the definitions and differences between the words like the Internet of Things and the Internet of Behaviors.
- The Internet of Things (IoT) refers to the network of physical devices, vehicles, home appliances, and other objects embedded with sensors, software, and connectivity that enable them to exchange data and interact with each other and their environment.
- The Internet of Behaviors (IoB) is a concept that involves using data from various sources, such as social media, mobile devices, and location tracking, to monitor and influence human behavior.
- While IoT is focused on connectivity and automation, IoB is centered around data collection and analysis to optimize behavior and decision-making.
Internet of Things vs Internet of Behaviors
IoT means the network of physical devices that are embedded with sensors, software, and connectivity to enable them to connect and exchange data over the internet. Internet of behaviors is an Idea that focuses on using data and analytics to understand and influence people’s behavior.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
The word Internet of Things has been in the mainstream for a few years. Though a lot of people have heard about the term Internet of Things, most of them do not clearly understand what it stands for.
It is the latest technology that envisions a network of devices that are connected through the internet and can share data across easily.
The word Internet of Behaviors is quite a recently famous terminology. It has been gathering attention since early 2021.
The Internet of Behaviors is another innovation that uses the data collected to understand the users’ behaviors and maximize the search experience optimization.
It is not a standalone tech because it relies on the Internet of Things to gather the data.
|Parameters of Comparison||Internet of Things||Internet of Behaviors|
|Meaning||A system of devices or objects connected through a network.||The process of using the data to understand behaviors.|
|Acronym||IoT is the acronym.||IoB is the acronym.|
|Extension||It is a standalone technology and not an extension.||It is an extension of the Internet of Things.|
|Work||Gathers and shares data through the internet.||Uses data to understand users’ behaviors.|
|Data interpretation||It does not interpret the data.||It interprets the data through behavioral psychology.|
What is Internet of Things?
The word Internet of Things is used to refer to the latest technology that has been in the mainstream for a few years.
It is a network of devices or objects interconnected through the internet. This network allows them to gather and share information.
The devices include physical devices too. In this tech era, newer and newer technologies, like the Internet of Things, arise to take over the older technologies.
It is highly impossible that a geeky person who likes to stay updated on the latest technologies is unaware of the rise of the Internet of Things.
In the past few years, several companies have entered a race in building the Internet of Things. A lot of investments have been made into this idea in recent times.
The Internet of Things has been in a gradual process of growth since its inception.
The method of devices being connected or the process of data storage is changing every day. It is a growing technology that constantly undergoes development.
The idea behind this is to make the lives of people and businesses more comfortable. Businesses can use this technology to understand their products, manufacturing, performance, and delivery.
It can help businesses to create products that are successful in the market.
What is Internet of Behaviors?
The word Internet of Behaviors is used to refer to the latest technology that has been in the mainstream for a few years. It is the process of using the data to better understand users’ behaviors.
The data collected by the Internet of Things is put to use by the Internet of Behavior to comprehend the behaviors of users towards a particular product or device.
In this tech era, newer and newer technologies, like the Internet of Behaviors, arise to take over the older technologies.
It is highly impossible that a geeky person who likes to stay updated on the latest technologies is unaware of the rise of the Internet of Behaviors.
Several companies have entered the race to build the Internet of Behaviors. The Internet of Behaviors has been in a gradual process of growth since its inception.
The Internet of Behaviors is an interesting idea that uses the collected data to understand the behaviors of the users. It provides meaning to the data by analyzing the data for predicting behaviors.
This tech combines data analytics with behavioral psychology to provide meaningful business decisions. Companies can create and promote new products that are built with a perspective of human psychology.
It could provide a fulfilling user experience and search experience optimization.
Main Differences Between Internet of Things and Internet of Behaviors
- Internet of Things is a system of interconnected devices or objects that can share or gather data through a network like the Internet. Meanwhile, the Internet of Behaviors uses the data to understand users’ behaviors.
- The Internet of Things is a standalone technology and is not an extension of anything else, whereas the Internet of Behaviors is an extension of the IoT.
- Internet of Things is also denoted as IoT. Internet of Behaviors is denoted as IoB.
- The IoT helps to gather and collect data from different devices that are connected to a network. Meanwhile, the IoB uses the data to understand behavioral psychology.
- The IoT does not interpret any data, whereas the data is interpreted through behavioral psychology to make better business decisions.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.