In ancient times no one ever imagined that humans could fly in the sky and travel through it from one place to another.
With the invention of the first airplane by the Wright Brothers, the complete history was changed, and further scientists developed much stronger, improved versions of it.
With changing needs and requirements, the structure, technology, features, everything gets revamped.
And now they are effectively used as a mode of transportation, and many companies are serving in the field also like – SpiceJet, Kingfisher, Air India, Delta. KLM Royal Dutch, and many more.
- KLM is the oldest operating airline and focuses on European routes; Delta is one of the largest airlines and covers various global destinations.
- KLM has a strong reputation for customer service; Delta is known for its extensive flight network.
- Both airlines are part of the SkyTeam alliance, offering shared benefits and rewards programs.
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines vs Delta
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is the national airline of the Netherlands and is part of the Air France-KLM group. KLM is known for its extensive network of flights. Delta is a major airline in the United States and is part of the SkyTeam alliance. The airline offers flights to various destinations around the world.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is the most frequent name used by the people. There are different names for the respective company, and one of them is Royal Aviation Company Inc.
It was established back in 1919 and is among one of the oldest airlines that have been serving humankind ever since the beginning.
Delta is the commonly used word for Delta Air Lines Inc. It was established in March 1925, and ever since, the airlines have been serving their customers from around 97 years ago now and still.
It is one of the most famous airlines in the United States of America and is the second-largest in the world.
|Parameters of Comparison||KLM Royal Dutch Airlines||Delta|
|Flag Carrier||Netherlands||United States of America|
|Founded In||October 1919||March 1925|
|Headquarters||Amstelveen, Netherlands||Atlanta, Georgia|
|No. of employees||35,410||91,000|
What is KLM Royal Dutch Airlines?
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is the oldest airline that has been known to serve humankind since its establishment. The company is known by different names, and that is Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V.
also, it is known by the name Royal Aviation Company, Inc. The headquarters for the company has been situated in Amstelveen, Netherlands.
The company was established in the year October 1919 that is back 103 years ago, and ever since, the company has been loyal, sincere, and faithful towards their clients and customers.
The company is a parent or the flag carrier of the country Netherlands.
The KLM Royal Dutch airlines cover an average of about 145 destinations around the world for traveling and cargo shipments.
The fleet size of the company is about 1149, and the number of employees working to provide or fulfilling the needs and demands of clients is 35,410. For further details and bookings, one could visit the webpage – www.klm.com.
What is Delta?
Delta is among one of the profound airlines serving their customers. The original name of the airline is Delta Air Lines Inc. also, the respective airlines are parents to the United States of America.
It was established around 97 years back in March 1925. In its initial phase, the airlines were known by the name Huff Daland Dusters and were based in Macon, Georgia.
The headquarters of the airlines is as of now situated in Atlanta, Georgia. Delta Air Lines Inc. is considered as among the second-largest airlines which are serving their customers with utmost sincerity and pleasure.
The inspiring slogan of the company that focuses them on working hard is ‘Keep Climbing.’
On an average basis daily, the airlines operate about 5,400 flights that cover over 325 different destinations in around 52 countries located on six different continents.
For the smooth functioning of the airlines, approximately 91,000 employees are working for them. For further details and bookings, one could visit the webpage – www.delta.com.
Main Differences Between KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and Delta
- The flag carrier or the parent country of the KLM Royal Dutch Airline is the Netherlands, while comparatively, on the other hand, the flag carrier or the parent country for the Delta is the United States of America.
- The KLM Royal Dutch Airlines was founded in the year October 1919, while comparatively, on the other hand, the Delta was founded in the year March 1925.
- The headquarters of the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is situated in Amstelveen, Netherlands, while comparatively, on the other hand, the headquarters of the Delta is situated in Atlanta, Georgia.
- The number of destinations covered by the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is around 145 locations, while comparatively, on the other hand, the number of destinations covered by the Delta is around 325 locations.
- The fleet size of the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is around 149, while comparatively, on the other hand, the fleet size of the Delta is around 750.
- The number of employees working in the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is around 35,410 while comparatively, on the other hand, the number of employees working in the Delta is around 91,000.
- For further information related to KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, one could visit www.klm.com while comparatively, on the other hand, the further information related to Delta can be checked on www.delta.com.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.