Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 are both products of the multinational automaker Mazda Motor Corporation. Mazda 3 is a four-wheeler that came to market around 2004. Manufactured in Japan also known as Mazda Axela (only in Japan).
On the other hand, Mazda 6 is also a four-wheeler by the same manufacturer that came into the market in around 2002. This is a mid-size sedan also known as Mazda Atenza (only in Japan and China).
- Mazda 3 is a compact car with better fuel efficiency and manoeuvrability in tight spaces.
- Mazda 6 is a mid-size sedan providing more interior space, comfort, and a more luxurious feel.
- Mazda 6 has a higher price tag than Mazda 3, reflecting its larger size and upscale features.
Mazda 3 vs Mazda 6
The Mazda 3 is a compact car that was first introduced in 2003, is available in sedan and hatchback body styles and is known for its sporty handling. The Mazda 6 is a mid-size car that was first introduced in 2002, is available in sedan and wagon body styles and is known for its sleek design.
Mazda 3 is a compact car which makes it less wide. Mazda 3 also has a 5-door option. It has a compact scale making it suitable for rather small spaces and fit for busy roads and cities. The car has a length of 183.5 inches, a height of 59.9 inches, width max. 70.7 inch.
Mazda 6 is a midsize car which makes it automatically bigger. It has more interior space. It is wider and longer. It has more legroom, boot space, and even headspace. Mazda 6 doesn’t have any 5-door option but has more passenger space. The car has a length of 19.2 inches, a height of 57.1 inches, Width max. 72.4 inch.
|Parameters of Comparison
|2.0L Inline-4 Gas
|2.5L Inline-4 Gas
|Fuel Tank Capacity
|13.2 feet cube
|14.7 feet cube
What is Mazda 3?
The Mazda 3 line has various styles with five grades available. It is available in the hatchback variant as well. Mazda 3 is a car with a small figure but has a little more control over fuel compared to Mazda 6.
Some features like corner calculating technology are just the same as Mazda 6, which gives it more edge in lower price. Mazda 3 has a standard Backup Camera, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assistant, ABS, Brake Assist, Stability Control, and Traction Control.
Though it lacks in case of interior spacing and other spacing features, it is very good at running in small spaces like a very busy road or heavy traffic or sparking in a small space. The grip of the ground and other features are also very satisfying when compared to the price tag.
Mazda 3 is very strong with the power of its need. It is a compact car with a slim body and with all features needed to satisfy you at a perfect compact price. There is no compromise in safety features as well in Mazda 3. The cost of the expenditure goes down in the case of the Mazda 3 as its compact car.
What is Mazda 6?
Mazda 6 has only 4 four grades with 10 color variants. Mazda 6 is a Mid-size car with a Sedan or Wagon version. This car has much more space which makes it more preferable for families.
In case of internal features like a Sunroof, leather interior, heated front seats, and many others are very satisfying in Mazda 6. Mazda 6 with a higher power is very satisfying.
Though a little bit more fuel consumptive when compared to features, it gives a very accomplished pack. Mazda 6 offers more reliability with a higher ranking and with higher engine efficiency. This car also has some sports car features. Mazda 6 is much more comfortable because of the difference in space.
The front seats in Mazda 6 are leather with a power-adjustable feature. It also contains many safety technologies, like Radar cruise control, lane departure warning, lane-keeping assist, and Android Auto infotainment system.
Along with all the safety features of Mazda 3, we also get a Cross-traffic alert and Blind-spot monitor. In the case of security, the only thing absent in Mazda 6, which is present in Mazda 3, is Knee Air Bag.
Other features are pretty much the same. These cars have better paddle gear shift controls and, in addition, have better power showing more sports features.
Main Differences Between Mazda 3 and Mazda 6
- Mazda 6 has whole leather seats and steering wheels which is absent in Mazda 3.
- In the case of comfort, Mazda 6 has Climate control, while Mazda 3 doesn’t have that feature.
- Both Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 have Keyless Entry features, but in the case of remote Engine start, it is absent in Mazda 6 but available in Mazda 3.
- The trunk release is manual in Mazda 3 but is remote-controlled in Mazda 6.
- Mazda 3 and Mazda have aluminium wheels, but the wheels in the Mazda 6 are bigger than Mazda 3.
- The rare Suspension is of Torsion Beam in Mazda 2, while in Mazda 6, it is Multi-Link.
- Mazda 3 doesn’t have Multi zone A/C. On the other hand, this feature of Air conditioning is available in Mazda 6.
- Mazda 3 is of Curb Weight of 3,071lbs. On the other hand, Mazda 6 is 3,437lbs. The CO2 Emission of Mazda 6 is higher by 0.6 tons/yr than Mazda 3.
- In the city, the fuel economy given by Mazda 3 is 28, and Mazda 6 has an economy of 29. On the other hand in, Highway Mazda 3 gives 36 MPG, and Mazda gives 35 MPG.
- For the Mazda 3, the Cruising Range of the city is 369.6 miles and for the highway is 475.2 miles. On the other hand, Mazda 6, it is 426.4 miles from the city and 574 miles from the highway.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.