Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 both are products of the multinational automaker, Mazda Motor Corporation. Mazda 3 is a four-wheeler that came to market around 2004. Manufactured in Japan, also known as Mazda Axela (only in Japan).
On the other hand, Mazda 6 is also a four-wheeler of the same manufacturer that came in the market in around 2002. This is a mid-size sedan also known as Mazda Atenza (only in Japan and China).
Mazda 3 vs Mazda 6
The difference between Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 is that in the size of the cars. Both Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 are 5 person passenger cars, but the interior space of Mazda 3, when compared to Mazda 6, is smaller. Mazda 3, because of is a compact car, is smaller when compared to Mazda 6. Mazda 3 has a narrow turning radius.
Mazda 3 is a compact car which makes it less wide. Mazda 3 also has a 5 door option. It has a compact scale making it suitable for rather small spaces and fit for busy roads and cities. The car has a length of 183.5 inches, a height of 59.9 inches, width max. 70.7 inch.
Mazda 6 is a midsize car which makes it automatically bigger. It has more interior space. It is wider and longer. It has more legroom, boot space, and even headspace. Mazda 6 doesn’t have any 5 door option but has more passenger space. The car has a length of 19.2 inches, a height of 57.1 inches, Width max. 72.4 inch.
Comparison Table Between Mazda 3 and Mazda 6
|Parameters of Comparison||Mazda 3||Mazda 6|
|Engine||2.0L Inline-4 Gas||2.5L Inline-4 Gas|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||13.2 Gallons||16.4 Gallons|
|Trunk Volume||13.2 feet cube||14.7 feet cube|
What is Mazda 3?
The Mazda 3 line has various styles with five grades available. It is available in the hatchback variant as well. Mazda 3 is a car with a small figure but has a little bit more control on fuel in comparison to Mazda 6.
Some features like corner calculating technology are just the same as Mazda 6, which gives it more edge in lower price. In Mazda 3, we have a standard Backup Camera, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keeping Assistant, ABS, Brake Assist, Stability Control, and Traction Control.
Though it lacks in case of interior spacing and other spacing features, it is very good in running in small spaces like a very busy road or heavy traffic or sparking in a small space. The grip of the ground and other features are also very satisfying when compared to the price tag.
Mazda 3 is very strong with the power of its need. It is a compact car with a slim body and with all features needed to satisfy you at a perfect compact price. There is no compromise in safety features as well in Mazda 3. The cost of the expenditure goes down in the case of the Mazda 3 as its compact car.
What is Mazda 6?
Mazda 6 has only 4 four grades with 10 color variants. Mazda 6 is a Mid-size car with a Sedan or Wagon version. This car has much more space which makes it more preferable for families.
In case if internal features like Sunroof, leather interior and even heated front seats, and many others are very satisfying in Mazda 6. Mazda 6 with a higher power is very satisfying.
Though a little bit more fuel consumptive when compared to features, it gives a very accomplished pack. Mazda 6 offers more reliability with higher ranking and with higher engine efficiency. This car also has had some sports car features. Mazda 6 is much more comfortable because of the difference in space.
The front seats in Mazda 6 are leather with a power-adjustable feature. It contains many safety technologies as well, like Radar cruise control, lane departure warning, lane-keeping assist, android auto infotainment system.
Along with all the safety features of Mazda 3, in addition, we get a Cross-traffic alert and Blind-spot monitor as well. In the case of security, the only thing absent in Mazda 6, which is present in Mazda 3, is Knee Air Bag.
Other features are pretty much the same. These cars have better paddle gear shift controls and, in addition, have better power showing more sports features.
Main Differences Between Mazda 3 and Mazda 6
- Mazda 6 has whole leather seats and steering wheels which is absent in Mazda 3.
- In the case of comfort, Mazda 6 has Climate control while Mazda 3 doesn’t have that feature.
- Both Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 have Keyless Entry features, but in the case of remote Engine start, it is absent in Mazda 6 but available in Mazda 3.
- Trunk release is manual in Mazda 3 but is remote controlled in Mazda 6.
- Both Mazda 3 and Mazda have aluminum wheels, but the size of the wheels in Mazda 6 is bigger than Mazda 3.
- The rare Suspension is of Torsion Beam in Mazda 2, while in Mazda 6, it is Multi-Link.
- Mazda 3 doesn’t have Multi zone A/C. On the other hand, this feature of Air conditioning is available in Mazda 6.
- Mazda 3 is of Curb Weight of 3,071lbs. On the other hand, Mazda 6 is 3,437lbs. The CO2 Emission of Mazda 6 is higher by 0.6 tons/yr than Mazda 3.
- In the city, the fuel economy given by Mazda 3 is 28, and Mazda 6 gives an economy of 29. On the other hand in Highway Mazda 3 gives 36 MPG, and Mazda gives 35 MPG.
- For Mazda 3 Cruising Range of the city is 369.6 miles and for the highway is 475.2 miles. On the other hand, for Mazda 6, it is 426.4 miles for the city and 574 miles for the highway.
Mazda 3 has satisfying features in its price. It is a compact car with almost as many features as Mazda 6. Though there are a few drawbacks according to its size and price, it is a perfect compact deal. If one is ready to go with a little less space and comfort, Mazda3 can be a great deal.
Mazda 6 is of little higher in price and also have more expenditure cost in fuel and all. But if looking for more comfort and space, this is one of the best deals. Each car has its own strong and weak points which should be kept in mind and compared to the features when buying it.