In the contemporary world, it is easy to find out several cars with a completely different styles. Some of them are Coupe, station wagon, sports car, convertible, minivan, sport utility vehicle, pickup trucks, and many more. They all are amazing in their own right, as well as they are really good choices.
Many of the manufacturers are dropping their hatchbacks and sedans. But Toyota Corolla and Mazda 3 continue to stand out. They are generally available in a range of sizes. In this article, the main focus between Toyota Corolla and Mazda 3 comparison.
Toyota Corolla vs Mazda 3
The difference between Toyota Corolla and Mazda 3 is their performance. Toyota Corolla has much fewer engines as compared to Mazda 3. It is because Toyota Corolla offers horsepower of 139 hp @ 6,100 rpm, whereas Mazda 3 has 155 hp @ 6,000 rpm. Higher insurance premiums offer command by higher horsepower in engines.
The Toyota Corolla can captivate the hearts of fervent riders due to its futuristic and sleek design. When it comes to exterior and interior it has been perfect design. To enhance the right quality, it is equipped with features that are the latest. The seat quality of Corolla is also terrific.
Mazda 3 looks great, not for just the class or hatchback, but genuinely great. The four-cylinder of Mazda 3 has lots of low-end torque and gives plenty of power off the line. It has a well-weighted steering combination and a responsive suspension which helps its corner exceptionally good for the class.
|Parameters of Comparison||Toyota Corolla||Mazda 3|
|Engine||1.8-liter 14||2.0-liter 14|
|Base curb weight (lbs.)||2910||3071|
|Horsepower||139 hp @ 6,100 rpm||155 hp @ 6,000 rpm|
|Trunk volume (cu. ft.)||13.1||13.2|
What is Toyota Corolla?
Over the variety of roads, the right quality of Corolla is smooth, and the front seats are comfortable. There are enough sufficient and adjustments range within those adjustments for a preferred position.
Cloth seats are preferred since they better the availability of simulated leather on hot days.
The controls of Corolla are grouped logically. With the regard to headroom, the rear passengers’ seat is tight. The head of adult occupants might be close to the roof.
In comparison to its primary competition, it has a slightly smaller trunk.
On the highway, it gets so loud that a stereo crank is required to overcome it. Under hard acceleration, the engine sounds labored, but the continuously variable of simulated gear transmission changes and helps to reduce the sound of drowning that is otherwise typical for CVT.
It comes with lane centering, automatic emergency brake with forwarding collision warning, adaptive cruise controls with go/top, and lane-keeping assistance. On upper trims, Red Cross-traffic alert and blind-spot monitoring are also available.
What is Mazda 3?
Excellent driving characteristics are always the priority of Mazda. When the straight road stop, it delivers handling that is confidence-inspiring and comfortable.
It feels balanced and stays controlled around turns, and changes directions readily. Mazda 3 steering is precise and quick too.
Without sacrificing its comfort, it succeeded in delivering an experience of sporty premium. The credit goes to the quiet cabin and supportive front seats at highway speeds.
When it comes to the air conditioning system, Mazda 3 does not seem sufficiently powerful as well as its seat’s head restraint is too intrusive.
The steering wheel might be telescoped out more for taller drivers but the space for front passengers is enjoyable.
Rear headroom and legroom are below average if the front occupants’ seat slides back then the rear seating area can feel snug. In the name of sleek styling, the space and rearward visibility has been sacrificed.
The audio system of Mazda 3 sounds great and its infotainment screen of 8.8 inches looks vibrant and with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Works well.
The adaptive cruise control in heavy traffic can stop abruptly, even if it is not strictly necessary. In the case of small children, then it is a bad choice.
Main Differences Between Toyota Corolla and Mazda 3
- When it comes to handling, Toyota Corolla offers a larger turning radius in comparison to Mazda 3. That’s why Toyota Corolla fails to provide more easily maneuver out and in of tight spots, but Mazda 3 provides it.
- In terms of fuel economy, Toyota Corolla uses 30 MPG in the city and 38 MPG on the highway. On the other hand, Mazda 3 uses 28 MPG in the city, and on the highway, it uses 36 MPG.
- The exterior dimensions of Toyota Corolla are in such a way that its length is 182.3 in, maximum width is 70.1 in, and 56.5 in is Corolla height. Mazda 3 has a length of 183.5 in, the maximum width is 70.7, and at last, its height is 56.9 in.
- Toyota Corolla provides features like auto high beam headlights, adaptive cruise control, and speed sign recognition. Meanwhile, lane-keeping assistance, blind-spot monitoring, and front and rear airbag coverage are a few of the Mazda 3 safety features.
- Toyota Corolla offers a torque of 126 lb-ft @ 3,900 rpm, whereas Mazda 3 offers 150 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm as its torque. This is the reason Toyota Corolla fails to provide a better job in power transmission to the wheels in comparison to Mazda 3.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️