The CX-7 and CX-9 are two SUVs from Mazda on a car platform. Mazda CX-7 and Mazda CX-9 are two crossovers, mainly sports-utilized vehicles for families to fit in according to their needs and space.
- The CX-7 is a midsize SUV, while the CX-9 is a full-size SUV that offers more passenger and cargo space.
- The CX-9 has a more powerful engine than the CX-7 and can tow heavier loads.
- The CX-7 offers better fuel efficiency, while the CX-9 offers more advanced safety features.
Mazda CX-7 vs Mazda CX-9
The main difference between Mazda CX-7 and Mazda CX-9 is that the CX-7 has only two rows of seating and can accommodate up to five people. In contrast, the CX-9 has three-row seating and can comfortably accommodate up to 7 people. Though the CX-9 is longer than the CX-7, a certain amount of legroom is sacrificed.
The CX-7 is a well-furnished car with base sport, mid-range and top-end touring. The turbocharge of the CX-7 is inline- 4 engine, the standard equipment in all three trims.
The CX-9 has the same trim levels as the CX-7. The wheels of this car are about 18 inches (ca. 46 cm), allowing wheels with full power accessories, air conditioning, and a tilt wheel with cruise control mode.
|Parameters Of Comparison
|Fuel Type, City
|Fuel Type, Highway
|Fuel Tank Volume
What is Mazda CX-7?
The Mazda CX-7 was Mazda’s first mid-sized SUV since the Navajo which was Discontinued in 1994. The Mazda CX-7 is an alluring vehicle compared to many of its competitors who try to appeal to those seeking an off-road sports car.
The Mazda CX-7 has a sporty exterior. It also has a stylish cabin that rejuvenates the mood while driving.
The only drawbacks of the Mazda CX-7 are that they aren’t spacious enough compared to its competitors and lack a lustre starting power trains. For someone who would choose looks and power training over practicality, the CX-7 would be among the best options.
What is Mazda CX-9?
The Mazda CX-9 is a crossover SUV. It has three-row seating, accommodating up to six to seven people (family car).
Each model has a sizeable nine-inch touchscreen, a standard Apple car play, and Android Auto. The Mazda CX-9 is capable and efficient, having a turbo four-cylinder.
It is very spacious and has a high-quality cabin with loads of features which come in standard configuration. The major drawback of the Mazda CX-9 is that the trunk is smaller than most rivals.
Main Differences Between Mazda CX-7 and Mazda CX-9
- The Mazda CX-9 is a full-size crossover with seating of seven people, while the Mazda CX-7 is a mid-size crossover with seating of five people.
- The Mazda CX-9 is roomier than the Mazda CX-7, making it comfortable for big family rides.
- The Mazda CX-9 has a much bigger engine display as compared to that of the Mazda CX-7.
- The Mazda CX-9 offers more control for air conditioning and other standardized features than a Mazda CX-9.
- The Mazda CX-9 lift gate can be upgraded to power, while the Mazda CX-7 does not have this feature.
Last Updated : 11 June, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.