A profession is a field of work where a person has a job. A person is required to have an adequate amount of training in the respective field of the job. A profession is a source of money in someone’s life. It is where they earn from.
Profession vs Occupation
The difference between a Profession and an Occupation is, that there is a need for people who specialize in some specific tasks or jobs. That specific job is known as a profession, whereas when it is said that an individual is engaged with any business, it insinuates the period of that person who is related to an activity.
Sometimes, the profession is also used for many other purposes rather than referring to a job. For example. My profession is a librarian.
Types of a profession are:-
Occupation is referred to as the action or exercises an individual has enjoyed for the idea of gaining cash.At the point when it is said that an individual is involved in any business, it alludes to the phase of that individual who is associated with a movement.
For eg. Being a sales man, being occupied in a state of job, etc.
There are different types of occupation, namely:-
- A profession
- An Employment.
- A Business
Everybody isn’t a specialist in each field. So there is a requirement for individuals who represent considerable authority in some particular errands or occupations.That particular occupation a profession.
It is also essential to understand the difference between a Profession and an Occupation as they are using interchangeably by many people.
Comparison Table Between Profession and Occupation (in Tabular Form)
|Parameter of Comparison||Profession||Occupation|
|Implication||In the market of jobs, there is a need for people who specialize in specific tasks or jobs, that is refered to as a profession.||When it is said that a person is occupied in any business, it refers to the stage of that person who is involved in some kind of activity.|
|Importance||A profession helps in providing employment and it also acts as a base of a community.||We all need food and money for survival and occupation is a way people earn and live their life.|
|Main features||· Gives responsibility.|
· Gives accountability.
· Teaches ethics.
· Increases knowledge in specific fields.
|· It provides income.|
· Livelihood of many people depends on it
· Keeps people energetic to compete in the market.
· Baseball player
· A business
|Advantages||· It increases the level of efficiency of people|
· Makes people more skilled.
· It makes people more responsible.
|· Source of cash inflow.|
· Keeps people indulged.
What is Profession?
A profession is a field of work where a person has a job. An individual is required to have a sufficient measure of preparing in the particular field of a job. A profession is a wellspring of cash in people’s life. It is a source of procuration of money for them.
Once in a while, this word is additionally utilized for some different purposes as opposed to alluding to a vocation. For instance. I am a doctor by profession..
Everyone is not an expert in every field. So there is a need for people who specialize in some specific tasks or jobs. That specific job is known as a profession. For example. a doctor is a specialist in medicine and a lawyer is a specialist in-law.
A profession helps in expanding the degree of business and it additionally sets the base of a network.
Types of professions are:-
Some advantages of a profession are:-
- It makes people more efficient.
- Increase the level of skills.
- It makes people more responsible.
What is Occupation?
Occupation is suggested as the development or activities an individual is appreciated for obtaining money. Precisely when it is said that an individual is locked in with any business, it suggests the time of that individual who is connected with a turn of events.
For example. Being a doctor or an engineer, being busy in a state of work, etc.
Different types of occupations are, namely:-
- A profession
- A Employment.
Some of the main features of occupation are:-
- It is a source of income.
- People’s livelihood depends on it.
- Keeps people energetic to compete in the market
Some of the advantages of an Occupation are:-
- Source of income.
- Keeps people busy.
- Gives a feeling of satisfaction with life.
Main Differences Between Profession and Occupation
- The main difference between a Profession and an Occupation is that there is a need for people who specialize in some specific tasks or jobs. That job is known as a profession, whereas when it is said that an individual is secured with any business, it recommends the hour of that person who is associated with an unforeseen development..
- A calling helps in extending the level of business and it moreover sets the base of a system. On the other hand, we all need food and money for survival, and occupation is a way people earn and live their life.
- A profession is a field of work where a person has a job, whereas an occupation is referred to as a business in which a person is engaged in for the purpose of earning cash.
- Profession gives us accountability and responsibilities whereas occupation is something which makes people compete in the market.
- Profession makes people more efficient and also Increases the level of skills. On the other hand, occupation is something on which people’s livelihood depends.
In this world of competition, no one can excel in every thing, so people tried to become skillful in one field, that one field is called a profession. Occupation is referred to as the activity or activities a person is indulged in for the concept of earning money. When it is said that a person is occupied in any business, it refers to the stage of that person who is involved in some kind of activity.
Table of Contents