Milk is very important for the all-around development of the body, physical and mental both. It has several nutrients in it. It is taken in breakfast and after dinner also.
For example, cow milk, goat milk, almond milk, coconut milk, and many more. Except these also there are types of milk that include raw milk and Pasteurized milk.
Raw Milk vs Pasteurized Milk
The difference between Raw Milk and Pasteurized Milk is that Raw Milk is a less safe option when compared to Pasteurized Milk. RAW Milk also has some things that are not present in Pasteurized Milk, such as Lipase and Pathogenic Bacteria due to the heating process. And for the same reason, Pasteurized Milk has a longer shelf life in comparison. Except these some properties of Pasteurized Milk also changes.
Raw Milk is the milk that does not go under the process of heating for killing several bacteria to make it safer for consumption. It is also known as unpasteurized milk.
Pasteurized Milk is when cold raw milk is undergone through a process of heating. It results in terminating harmful bacteria present in the milk that can cause food poisoning or some allergy.
|Parameters of Comparison||Raw Milk||Pasteurized Milk|
|Safety||It is less safe.||It is safer.|
|Shelf life||Shorter shelf life||Longer shelf life|
|Lipase||Contains lipase||Does not contain it.|
|Pathogenic bacteria||Have pathogenic bacteria||Does not have this bacteria|
|Organoleptic or Properties||Properties remain the same||Properties change|
What is Raw Milk?
Raw milk has been proven the best source of nutrition. It is better than Pasteurized Milk in several ways and has the following benefits:
- It is full of nutrition as 244grams of raw milk has Calories: 150, Protein: 8 grams, Fat: 8 grams, Calcium: 30% of the RDA, Vitamin A: 6% of the RDA, Iron: 6% of the RDA, Cholesterol: 10% of the RDA, Sugars: 12 grams.
- Excellent source of Raw Protein: we all are aware of the benefits of protein in the body and what can cause a lack of protein.
- Beneficial for bones: as we know, it has all necessary nutrients that include calcium.
- Helpful in preventing weight gain: it is a useful and great option for preventing the problem of obesity, this has been proven in studies too that drinking raw milk prevents obesity in children.
- A versatile product: it is very versatile and can be consumed with several other things.
What is Pasteurized Milk?
When Raw Milk is gone through the process of heating, it turned into Pasteurized Milk. This process was invented around 150 years ago.
Following are the benefits of consuming Pasteurized Milk:
- Less risk of Sickness: consuming raw milk invites several bacteria to the body. Therefore Pasteurized Milk does not cause any direct problem.
- Rich in Nutrients: raw milk only has few existing nutrients. But Pasteurized Milk can also have added extra nutrients. Therefore, it is healthier.
Except these, Pasteurized Milk can be stored for a longer period than Raw Milk.
Disadvantages of Pasteurized Milk:
- Less natural occurring nutrients: due to excessive heating, few nutrients that were present in the Raw milk are destroyed, and therefore, when compared, it has less natural nutrients than Raw Milk.
- Added Contaminates: in Pasteurized Milk, sometimes, some extra synthetic products are added.
Main Differences Between Raw Milk and Pasteurized Milk
- Pasteurized Milk is available in different forms, i.e., semi-skimmed and skimmed form, while Raw Milk is only available in liquid form.
- Raw Milk has some Pathogenic bacteria which are not present in the Pasteurized Milk.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
I am Sandeep Bhandari; I have 20 years of experience in the technology field. I have various technical skills and knowledge in database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about me on my bio page.