Buying a car is a crucial thing as that will be a long term commitment. If you belong to the working class, then buying a car is a big deal, and you can not afford to get stuck with the wrong car.
Both Toyota and Honda are trustworthy brands, but one should go through the features of the models before selecting the best-suited one.
- Both Camry and Accord are mid-sized sedans produced by Toyota and Honda, respectively.
- Camry provides a more comfortable and quieter ride than Accord, with a focus on luxury.
- Honda Accord offers better fuel economy and sportier handling than Camry, appealing to drivers who prioritize performance.
Camry vs Honda Accord
Camry is a large sedan, with plenty of cargo space and interior storage in both its trunk and cabin with the rear seat folded. Accord has a roomy interior and trunk, a smooth ride, and powerful turbocharged engines. It is a little wider and longer than a Camry and delivers greater passenger and cargo volume.
Camry by Toyota is a quality car that comes with several entertainment and safety features. It costs less than Accord and offers 3 years warranty. It has a 2487 cc engine and 245 Volt battery. It has 9 airbags, and the rear seats also have installed airbags.
Honda Accord is a quality car that is loaded with features. However, it costs more, and when compared to Toyota Camry, the features might seem a bit dull.
It comes with a 1993 cc engine, and the safety features are impressive as well. This car has better fuel efficiency too.
|Parameters of Comparison
|It has a 2487 cc engine, 4 Cylinders Inline, 4 Valves/Cylinder, DOHC.
|It has a 1993 cc engine, 4 Cylinders Inline, 4 Valves/Cylinder, DOHC.
|It has Nickel Metal Hydride, 245 Volt battery.
|It has a 1.3kWh, Lithium-Ion Battery.
|Place of battery
|In this car, the battery is fixed under the floor pan.
|In this model of car, the battery is placed under the rear seats.
|Fuel Tank Capacity
|Its tank can hold up to 50-litre fuel.
|Its tank can hold up to 60-litre fuel.
|It has 9 airbags.
|IT has 6 airbags.
|Exterior Door Handles
|Here it is chrome
|Here the colour matches the body colour.
|It has puddle lamps.
|It does not have puddle lamps.
What is Camry?
Camry is presented by the well known trustworthy brand, Toyota. Its look is sharp, and the design of the model is very stylish. It also comes with a host of features that will impress you in a jiffy.
Honda Accord has more room for passengers, and the cargo is spacious enough. It is much more convenient, and the technology related to driver assistance technology present in this model of car is very safety conscious and modern.
It has an anti-lock braking system as well as a brake assist, and it comes with a 3 years warranty period.
However, there are a few setbacks to this model. For a few people, it might seem not so engaging to drive. Also, the price is not reasonable and might seem overpriced when the features get discussed.
What is Honda Accord?
Honda Accord possesses great quality making, and it is loaded with attractive features. The gear knob and steering wheel of this model are wrapped in leather. The car is also very comfortable as its cabin is spacious and pleasant.
In the area of safety features, it offers several options. It comes with 6 airbags, and it also has the facility of seat belt warning. The car is children friendly, too, as it comes with child seat anchor points.
This model is very expensive, and it also offers less warranty compared to other cars. One of the negative sides of this car is it is bouncy when the car is driven at high speed. In addition to that, it also does not possess enough headroom in the rear.
So if a passenger is tall, then he/she will not be very comfortable.
Main Differences Between Camry and Honda Accord
- Toyota Camry has a 2487 cc engine, 4 Cylinders Inline, 4 Valves/Cylinder, DOHC, whereas Honda Accord has a 1993 cc engine, 4 Cylinders Inline, 4 Valves/Cylinder, DOHC.
- Toyota Camry comes with Nickel Metal Hydride, 245 Volt battery while Honda Accord holds a 1.3kWh, Lithium-Ion Battery.
- In Toyota Camry, the battery is fixed under the floor pan, but in the Honda Accord model, the battery is placed under the rear seats.
- The fuel tank of the Toyota Camry can hold up to 50-litre fuel, whereas the fuel tank of the Honda Accord can hold up to 60-litre fuel.
- Toyota Camry has 9 airbags. In this car, the rear passengers also get the facility of airbags, but Honda Accord has 6 airbags, and the rear passengers do not get to enjoy this facility.
- When it comes to lighting, Toyota Camry has a unique feature, it has puddle lamps, but Honda Accord does not have them.
- The spare wheel of the Toyota Camry is made of steel, and the spare wheel of the Honda Accord is made with alloy.
- Toyota Camry also has the feature of ventilated seats in the front, but Honda Accord does not come with this feature.
- Toyota Camry does not have the facility of folding rear seats, but Honda Accord offers fully folded rear seats.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.