The past decade has seen the revolutions in the internet world that led to the digitization of paper works, sending mails, storing all kinds of data in their respective formats, etc. With the advancements in the internet world, organizations and governments also have been digitized.
They store data over the internet or network, work on them, sending and receiving them.
But, these advancements have led to the rise of criminal minds over the internet that poses a serious threat to online information and data. They can misuse the data, damage it, or use it for their benefit.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance to protect all the data over the internet from these kinds of threats.
- Cyber security encompasses protecting computer systems, networks, and data from digital threats; network security is a subset of cyber security focused on safeguarding the integrity of a network and its connected devices.
- Network security involves implementing measures like firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and access controls; cyber security extends to application security, information security, and endpoint protection.
- Cybersecurity professionals address a broader range of threats, including malware, phishing, and insider attacks, while network security specialists concentrate on network-related vulnerabilities.
Cyber Security vs Network Security
The difference between cyber security and network security is that cybersecurity covers a broader aspect of security, it is a process that protects data of network devices and servers from all kinds of cyberattacks so that the data can be prevented from misuse, on other hand, network security is a subdivision of cyber security, it is an act of protecting important data, credentials, IDs and passwords from being misused or damaged.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
To protect these data the information security, cyber security and network securities have been developed. Cyber Security is the act of protecting data on network devices and servers from digital cyber threats. Network Security is the act of protecting credentials and important data from misuse or unauthorized access by the hackers.
|Parameter of Comparison||Cyber Security||Network Security|
|Basic definition||Cyber Security is a process of protecting the data in the servers and the network connected devices of an organization.||Network Security acts as a facility that protects the data under a network against hacking, misuse and unauthorized access.|
|Protection for||It provides protection for internet connected devices and servers from digital attacks from cyber hackers.||It provides protection for an organization’s IT infrastructure from possible threats from hackers.|
|Types of possible attacks||Possible types of attacks in cyber security are Pretexting, Phishing and Baiting.||Possible attacks under network security are Viruses, Trojans, Worms, DOS Attacks, Hacking Attacks, etc.|
|Protections included||It includes Network Protection, Up-to-date information and Applications.||Network Security includes protection for internet access, Account Credentials, Encryption and Firewalls.|
|Subset of||Cyber Security is a subdivision of Information Security.||Network Security is a subdivision of Cyber Security.|
What is Cyber Security?
A subset of information security is cyber security. Cyber Security is the process of protecting data on servers and network devices from attacks, unauthorized access of damages from cyber hackers.
It implies the techniques and protection designs such that the data can be prevented from the various cyber attacks.
The possible types of attacks in cyber security are pretexting, baiting and phishing. The protection under cyber security includes network protection, application and data being up-to-date.
To implement cyber security in the right way, there are cyber security professionals. Their work is to detect, recover and protect data from cyber threats.
They also monitor the traffic over network to minimize the risk of potential cyber threats. They tend to look that the integrity of the data over the network is not harmed.
What is Network Security?
A subset of cyber security is network security. Network Security is the act of facilitating the protection of data on the network devices and servers from hacking, misuse or unauthorized access.
It provides protection to the IT infrastructure of an organization or government from all possible threats from the hackers.
The possible types of attacks in the network security are viruses, DOS attacks, trojans, worms, hacking, etc. Network Security protection includes protection from Internet access, account credentials, encryption and firewalls.
The network security professionals make sure that the technical and software expertise are in such a way that there can be no intrusion into the data. They design software in a way that the possible threats can be detected and prevented.
Main Differences Between Cyber Security and Network Security
- Cyber Security is a subdivision of Information Security while Network Security is a subdivision of Cyber Security.
- Cyber Security is a process implied for protecting the data stored in the network devices and servers of an organization, on the other hand, network security is an act of facilitating the protection of data that are in a network flow against hacking, misuse or unauthorized access.
- Cyber Security provides protection to the internet connected devices and servers from various kinds of digital attacks while Network Security provides protection to the IT infrastructure of an organization from possible threats from the hackers.
- The purpose of cyber security is to enhance the security of servers and devices from cyber threats while the purpose of network security is to enhance the security of credentials and important data.
- The different types of attacks in cyber security are Pretexting, Phishing and Baiting while the possible types of attacks in network security are attacks through viruses, trojans, worms, hacking, DOS attacks, etc.
- Cyber Security includes protections such as network protection, up-to-date information and applications, on the other hand, network security includes protection for internet access, encryption, firewalls and account credentials.
- The cyber security professionals are the experts that detect, recover and protects data on servers and devices against cyber threats while the network security professionals are the experts in protecting the IT infrastructure of an organization.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.