- Dragontrail glass, manufactured by Asahi Glass Co., offers thinner and lighter protection than Gorilla Glass, made by Corning Inc.
- Gorilla Glass boasts higher scratch resistance and durability, making it a popular choice for high-end smartphones and electronic devices.
- Both types of glass undergo chemical strengthening processes, but Gorilla Glass has a more extensive range of products with various iterations and improvements.
What is Dragontrail Protection Glass?
Dragon tail Protection Glass is a type of toughened glass. The Asahi Glass Company created it. It is an alkali-aluminosilicate sheet glass.
Dragon tail Protection Glass provides thinness, lightness, and damage resistance.
Dragon Tail Protection Glass is manufactured through a floating process. It is considered six times stronger than conventional soda-lime glass.
Dragon tail Protection Glass provides strength, hardness, and scratch resistance. Additionally to these, it is extra thin.
Some features of Dragon Tail Protection Glass are enhanced strength, high resistance, good surface quality, etc.
It provides ideal coverage for smartphones, laptops, tablets, touchscreen devices, etc.
What is Gorilla Glass Protection?
Gorilla Glass is a chemically strengthened glass developed and manufactured by the Corning company and is currently in its 7th generation.
Gorilla Glass Protection is an alkali-aluminosilicate sheet glass. It is made through the ion exchange method. It provides thinness, lightness, and damage resistance.
The product’s initial iteration was introduced in 2007, with Gorilla Glass 2 and Gorilla Glass 3 following in 2012 and 2013, respectively. Many flagships introduced in 2018 include Gorilla Glass 5, which was first introduced in 2016 and will be replaced by Gorilla Glass 6 in 2019. But the latest Gorilla Glass version is Gorilla Glass Victus, introduced in 2020 and available on several premium products in 2021.
Gorilla Glass Protection guarantees more resistance against possible drops or scratches. It also provides ideal coverage for smartphones, PCs, etc. It can withstand drops of up to 16 meters.
Gorilla Glass Protection covers the display screen of electronics like smartphones, DVD players, MP3 players, mobile gaming consoles, etc.
Some features of Gorilla Glass Protection are scratch- resistance, crack resistance, etc.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||9H Gorilla Glass for iPhone 13/13 Pro/14, Anti-Fingerprint Tempered Glass Screen Protector W/6.1...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Gorilla Gadgets Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S23 (Clear, Samsung Galaxy S23)||Check Price on Amazon|
Difference Between Dragontrail Protection Glass and Gorilla Glass Protection
- The Asahi Glass Company created Dragontrail Protection glass, whereas Corning Inc. developed Gorilla Glass Protection.
- Dragontrail Protection Glass is made through a floating process, whereas Gorilla Glass Protection is made through ion exchange.
- Some features of Dragontrail Protection Glass are enhanced strength, high resistance, good surface quality, etc., whereas some characteristics of Gorilla Glass Protection are scratch- resistance, crack resistance, etc.
- Dragontrail Protection glass provides ideal coverage for smartphones, laptops, tablets, computers, touchscreen devices, etc., while Gorilla Glass Protection also provides ideal coverage for smartphones, PCs, etc.
- Asahi Glass Company created Dragontrail Protection Glass, while Corning Inc. developed Gorilla Glass Protection.
Comparison Between Dragontrail Protection Glass and Gorilla Glass Protection
|Parameter of Comparison||Dragontrail Protection Glass||Gorilla Glass Protection|
|Type||Dragontrail Protection glass is alkali-aluminosilicate sheet glass.||Gorilla Glass Protection is an alkali-aluminosilicate sheet glass.|
|Created by||Asahi Glass Company created Dragontrail Protection glass.||Corning Inc. developed Gorilla Glass Protection.|
|Manufacturing||Dragon tail Protection glass is made through a floating process.||Gorilla Glass Protection is made through the ion exchange method.|
|Properties||Dragon tail Protection glass provides strength, hardness, extra thinness, and scratch resistance.||Gorilla Glass Protection provides thinness, lightness, and damage resistance.|
|Applications||Dragontrail Protection glass provides ideal coverage for smartphones, laptops, tablets, touchscreen devices, etc.||Gorilla Glass Protection also provides ideal coverage for smartphones, PCs, etc.|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.