This seminal dissimilarity between the two is the main bone of contention with regard to the specific use of each rotary tool series. The less powerful 3000 series is better suited for lighter tasks and operations. However, the 4300 series is considered to be the best in class, high performing rotary tool that is used to achieve precision in a variety of robust tasks around the workshop.
Dremel 3000 vs 4300
The difference between the Dremel 3000 and 4300 series is that the former is equipped with a less powerful motor than the latter model. The Dremel 4300 series is an improvement over its less impressive predecessor. While the Dremel 3000 model operates on an underwhelming 1.2 amp motor, the 4300 version uses a 1.8 amp motor to deliver superior performance to the user.
Comparison Table Between Dremel 3000 and 4300
|Parameters of Comparison||Dremel 3000||Dremel 4300|
|Amp Motor||The Dremel 3000 is powered by a 1.2 amp motor.||The Dremel 4300 operates with a powerful 1.8 amp motor.|
|Weight||This model is heavier than the 4300 model. The Dremel 3000 model approximately weighs 3.4 pounds.||This model weighs around 1.18 pounds and is thus much lighter than the Dremel 3000 variant.|
|Speed Range||The speed of a Dremel 3000 varies between 5,000 to 32,000 rpms.||The speed of a Dremel 4300 rotary tool varies between 5,000 to 35,000 rpms.|
|Price||This variant from the Dremel rotary tool series is more affordable and lucrative.||This model is comparatively more expensive than the 3000 model.|
|Pivot Light||The Dremel 3000 model does not include a pivot light.||The Dremel 4300 model includes a pivot light.|
|Electronic Feedback Control Mechanism||This feature is absent from the Dremel 3000 model.||This is an exclusive feature included in the Dremel 4300 series.|
|Compatibility of Use||The Dremel 3000 model is better suited for lighter jobs as it has fewer accessories than the 4300 model.||This model is better suited for robust cutting, polishing, drilling, grinding, and other vigorous tasks around the workshop.|
|Number of Accessories||The Dremel 3000 is sold with fewer accessories.||The 4300 series comes with an extensive plethora of accessories.|
|Accessory Change System||The Dremel 3000 has an EZ twist nose cap.||The Dremel 4300 has a 3-jaw chuck.|
|Power Source||This model is powered by an AC power source.||The Dremel 4300 model uses a corded electric power source.|
What is Dremel 3000?
The Dremel 3000 is a formidable rotary tool series manufactured and marketed by the reputed Dremel brand. This tool is suited for cutting, polishing, grinding, and sanding. The extended compatibility of this tool with a vast variety of high-speed cutters and cut-off wheels makes it a good rotary tool in the affordable price bracket.
Dremel 3000 is powered by an underwhelming 1.2 amp motor. This remains a significant drawback for the model. Although the tool maintains a respectable rpm within the range of 5,000-32,000, the diminished motor strength is reflected in the kind of tasks the tool can facilitate.
The twisted EZ nose cap of the Dremel 3000 also doubles as a wrench for the operator that can be used to tighten or loosen accessories. This model is a good choice in the more lucrative rotary tool section.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Dremel 3000-2/28 Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit- 1 Attachments & 28 Accessories- Grinder, Sander,...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Dremel 3000-1/24 1 Attachment/24 Accessories Rotary Tool||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Dremel 4300?
The Dremel 4300 rotary tool was developed as an improvement over its less powerful predecessors. This robust rotary tool is considered one of the very best offerings from the Dremel brand. With a 1.8 amp motor, the tool is suited for most vigorous tasks.
This tool offers the user an extensive list of compatible accessories. It is ergonomically built and easy to use. The three-jack chuck of this model streamlines the process of attaching accessories. With a speed range of 5,000-35,000 rpm, the 4300 series is the ace option within the category of high performing rotary tool kits.
This improved model also features an LED pivot guiding light and an electronic feedback system to facilitate the task at hand. The 4300 tool is perfect for carving, engraving, polishing, sanding, grinding, cutting, and many other robust tasks.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Dremel 4300-5/40 High Performance Rotary Tool Kit with LED Light- 5 Attachments & 40 Accessories-...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Dremel 4300-9/64 Versatile Rotary Tool Kit with Flex Shaft and Hard Storage Case- Ultimate DIY...||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Dremel 3000 and 4300
- The main difference between the Dremel 3000 and 4300 series of rotary tools is that the former operates using a 1.2 amp motor, while the latter uses a 1.8 amp motor.
- The weight of each tool is quite different. The Dremel 4300 is significantly lighter than the Dremel 3000. The former weighs approximately 1.18 pounds compared to the latter that weighs around 3.4 pounds.
- The speed range of each tool is contrary to the other. The Dremel 3000 offers a speed range of 5,000-32,000 rpm, while the Dremel 4300 offers a speed range of 5,000-35,000 rpm.
- Dremel 3000 does not have a separate on/off speed control mechanism. This mechanism is present in the 4300 model.
- The improved 4300 model is also fitted with an electronic feedback control mechanism that is absent from its predecessor’s interface.
- The power source requirements of each are different. The former operates using an AC power source, while the latter uses a corded electric power source.
- The Dremel 3000 is not as versatile as the Dremel 4300 model. The former model is best suited for lighter tasks, while the latter is better equipped to handle more robust tasks around the workshop.
- The two rotary tool models differ in terms of their price points in the market. The Dremel 3000 is a more affordable choice than the 4300 model.
- Each model has a different accessory change system. The Dremel 3000 series is fitted with EZ twist nose cap, while the 4300 model is fitted with a 3-jaw chuck.
- The Dremel 3000 model has fewer accessories, while the 4300 series comes equipped with a long list of accessories.
Both the rotary tools from Dremel offer the user formidable results. They are lauded for their quality performance delivery. However, the differences between the two ranges are quite conspicuous. The choice between these two rotary tools will be based on the preferences of the individual user as well as the intention of their usage.
The 4300 series is the very best Dremel has to offer. Equipped with a powerful motor, the tool kit is best suited for vigorous tasks around the workshop. However, it is quite expensive. This drawback is effectively countered by the Dremel 3000 series.
If you want a quality rotary tool at a cost-effective price point for lighter tasks, then the Dremel 3000 model is the better-suited option. While if you desire a rotary tool kit that is designed for performing robust tasks to perfection, then the 4300 model is ideal for you.
Last update on 2021-05-24 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents