Globally many birds species can be found. Many of them have been extinct, or are listed endangered, or are endemic species. In India, according to the reports, about 1349 bird species can be found in which 212 species of the birds are listed under the globally threatened for the country.
Eagle vs Kite
The difference between Eagle and Kite is that the size of the Eagle bird is quite large, the build of the build is also heavy, the head of the bird is also big, and the beak of the bird is long. While comparatively, on the other hand, the size of the Kite is medium-sized with a weak build body and a short break.
Eagle is one of those birds that have very sharp eyesight. The strength of the eyesight of the eagle is approximately 4 to 8 times sharper than that of humans in the complete animal kingdom. It comes under the list of scavengers birds and is larger than the among predator birds except for vultures. Also, the weight of some of the species of vultures is about 18 lbs reportedly.
Kite is also one of those birds listed among the predators’ birds, and sometimes they even ate rodents, insects, reptiles, and many more. They have a small body, weigh less, and have a small head. Also, the beak of the kite is very small. The family of the Kite is Accipitridae and is the most abundant family to be found. These birds are found mostly in warmer climates.
Comparison Table Between Eagle and Kite
|Parameters of Comparison||Eagle||Kite|
|Size||Large size bird||Medium size bird|
|Color||They may be in brown, golden or greyish||They may be in brown, grey, or black|
|Nest||Large in size and are called eyries, they are up to 6 feet wide||Nest is made up of twigs or small sticks, with grass-lined and is built near the water source|
|Incubation Period||35 to 45 days||30 to 40 days|
|Eggs||2 white eggs||2 to 7 eggs that are white or blue with brown dots|
|Physical Appearance||Large beak and head, broad wings with fan-shaped tail||Small beak and head, pointed beaks, and V-shape tail|
|Types||Two types – Land eagles and Sea Eagles||Approximately 25-30 species are known|
What is Eagle?
The birds are famously known for their hunting skills. Eagle is a bird that flies at a high altitude in the sky. They have a strong build body with a large head and broader wings. The feathers of the eagle are white or black. The feathers cover the whole body, including – forehead, shoulder, and lower belly of the land eagles, while the sea eagles have feathers halfway to the toes. The tail of the bird is fan-shaped.
The eggs of the bird are white, and they lay their eggs only two in number. The nest they build are known as eyries, and they are large, and approximately 6 feet wide in size found on high cliffs or tree branches.
Eagles hunt their prey in the daytime and never lands on the ground; instead of that, they carry their prey in the sky so that it can be perch and torn apart.
What is Kite?
The Kite bird belongs to the Accipitridae family, and as of now, only 20 to 30 species are known to the scientist. The bird can be found in many colors, majorly in bluish, grey, brown, or black. The bird is medium size, and the head and beak of the bird are small sizes. The red color eyes can be found along with the black-covered area around it.
The female Kite birds are said to be a larger size than that of their male partners. They lay 2 to 7 eggs, and those eggs are white or blue with brown dots over them. They build their nests near the water source and are formed from the small size twigs and sticks lined with grass. They prey on small mammals or insects and are known to be the birds that snatch food from other birds.
Main Differences Between Eagle and Kite
- The size of the Eagle bird is large, while comparatively, on the other hand, the size of the Kite bird is small.
- The color of the Eagle bird may be golden, brown, or greyish color whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the color of the Kite bird is black, grey, or brown color.
- Eagle is the bird that forms the large size of their nest, and they are especially known as the eyries and measure up to 6 feet wide whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the Kite bird forms their nest using small size twigs and sticks, these are lined by the grass and made near the water source.
- The incubation period for the eagle bird is about 35 to 45 days long, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the incubation period for the kite bird is about 30 days to 40 days long.
- Eagle bird lays 2 eggs of white color whereas on the other hand the Kite bird lays eggs up to 2 to 7 in number and these are white or blue with brown dots over it.
- Eagles have large heads and beaks with strongly built bodies. Also, the wings of the bird are broad with a fan-shaped tail, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the Kite is the medium size bird with a small head and beak which is pointed and the tail of the same bird is in V-shape.
- Eagle is found in two groups are land eagles, and the other one is sea eagles, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, there are approximately 25-30 species of the Kite bird that are known.
There are many species of birds that are found worldwide. Some of these are endangered species, endemic species, and many are even extinct from the Earth. Even some of the birds use to travel from one place to another place in certain climates to lay their eggs. Thus, these are known as migratory birds.
Eagles are birds that have very sharp eyesight and fly over the high altitude in the sky. These birds come under the list of scavengers and eat small animals. In contrast, the Kite birds are the birds that are medium size with a small and pointed beak, the shape of the tail of the bird is V.