Nurtec is a drug type that comes in pills used for acute treatment of migraine with or without aura. Its side effects are not at all dangerous. Only redness or itching can happen.
Comparison Table Between Emgality and Nurtec
|Parameters of Comparison||Emgality||Nurtec|
|Used for||Preventive treatment of migraine||Acute treatment of migraine|
|Side effects||Nausea and hypersensitivity reactions||injection site reactions|
|Interact with||Not really interact with drugs.||Strong CYP3A4 inhibitors, inhibitors of P-GP or BCRP, etc.|
|Dose||240 mg loading dose||75 mg taken orally|
What is Emgality?
It is a drug used for migraines. It is a type of drug developed in the lab for immune system cells and blocks the activity of certain proteins.
It does not have major side effects in most of the cases, but still, in a few, they can have little serious side effects, which include:
- Swelling under the skin, mainly on eyelids, hands, or feet.
- Swelling on throat, neck, tongue, or mouth.
- Difficulty in breathing.
Except this fatigue is also a symptom that can be noticed in the person, clinically, it is not categorized as side effects but as a symptom of taking the drug.
Recently it has been recorded that Emgality can cause some long-term effects on the body, although it can’t be said whether these side effects have been due to the drug 100 percent or not. Side effects include:
- Respiratory tract infection
- Back pain
- Sore throat
- Sinus infection
What is Nurtec?
It is a pill used to treat acute migraines in people with or without aura. There are as such no major side effects, and in case of the minor ones, the following things can be done:
- Resting in a cool in peace.
- Applying a cold pack on your head.
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Drinking ginger/chamomile tea.
- Eating a small snack such as plain toast.
Allergic reactions that can happen are:
- Rash or hives
- Flushing (warmth or discoloration in your skin)
- Swelling under your skin.
- Swelling of your tongue or mouth.
- Difficulty in breathing
All the above symptoms and allergies can even cause after few days of taking medicine, as it is not obvious it will take a right after the consumption.
Main Differences Between Emgality and Nurtec
- When it comes to Emgality, generally 240 mg loading dose (two injections of 120 mg each) is recommended and taken, while a 75 mg dose of Nurtec is recommended to be taken orally.
- Nurtec interacts with different drugs, Nurtec usually interacts with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors, inhibitors of P-gp or BCRP, strong and moderate CYP3A inducers, and moderate CYP3A4 inhibitors, while Emgality can interact with other drugs, although it is not clear which drug (therefore at least for now it is said that it does not interact with any).
Therefore now we all know how both these medicines, despite serving the same main purpose, are very different from each other.
Also, it should be taken care of what a person has eaten before and is going to eat after taking medicine. And an individual should not become habitual of these medicines.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Table of Contents