Milk is a very healthy product. It has all the benefits that can lead to healthy development. It contains all the nutrients required by the body for proper growth. It is a good source of protein, which is lacking in the new generation as they don’t eat much protein-rich food. It also contains calcium which is necessary for healthy and strong bones.
People with a lean or skinny body can have milk for gaining weight as it also contains healthy fat. It is a versatile ingredient, which can go with a variety of other things, such as muesli.
While it has all the above benefits, sometimes having normal dairy milk becomes boring and tasteless at times. The best option could be Oat Milk and Coconut milk.
Oat Milk vs Coconut Milk
The difference between Oat Milk and Coconut Milk is that Oat milk has more protein and less fat content while it’s opposite in Coconut Milk which has higher fats and lesser protein content. They also have different benefits and side effects. While coconut milk has a floral scent and nutty flavor, oat milk is more sweet and plain in comparison.
Oat milk is milk made from oats; it does not have all the nutrients of oat. It is rich in nutrition and proteins, which is a requirement of our body for healthy growth. There are no side effects of consuming if it is free from extra sugar. It helps lower the cholesterol level of a person.
Coconut milk is made from cream and some water. It tastes very good and contains fats, therefore very helpful in gaining weight. If consumed appropriately, it also does not have any severe side effects. It also has all the nutrients present in coconut.
Comparison Table Between Oat Milk and Coconut Milk
|Parameters of Comparison||Oat Milk||Coconut Milk|
|Can cause||No such side effects||Weight gain and digestive issues.|
|Taste||Sweeter and thicker||The sweet, floral, nutty flavor|
|Proteins||Contains more protein||Fewer proteins|
|Fats||Fewer fats||More fats|
|Helpful in||Lower blood cholesterol, provide nutrients, etc.||weight loss and lowering cholesterol|
What is Oat Milk?
Oat milk is plant-based milk and a substitute for dairy milk. It is enriched with proteins and nutrients such as calcium, iron, potassium, and vitamins A and D. It is free from any allergic ingredients found in other milk. And it is easily available at every grocery store and can be made at home too.
240ml of oat milk has the following content:
- Carbs: 16 grams
- Dietary fiber: 2 grams
- Vitamin B12: 50% of the Daily Value (DV)
- Riboflavin: 46% of the DV
- Calcium: 27% of the DV
- Phosphorus: 22% of the DV
- Vitamin D: 18% of the DV
- Vitamin A: 18% of the DV
- Potassium: 6% of the DV
- Iron: 2% of the DV
- Calories: 120
- Protein: 3 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
The benefits of consuming oat milk are:
- Vegan, lactose, and nut-free: it is a very good option for someone who prefers vegan and nuts and a lactose-free diet. It does not have any nuts in it. Some brands also have certified gluten-free oat milk.
- Source of Vitamin B: it is fortified with vitamin B. It is very important for health and proper growth.
- Helpful in lowering Cholesterol level: it is good for someone having a cholesterol-related problem as it may help in lowering the level of cholesterol.
- Great for bones: it has calcium which helps in getting strong and healthy bones.
What is Coconut Milk?
Coconut milk is milk made out of coconut and has a thick and creamy texture. It is different from the water found in the green coconut. As unlike it, milk does not occur naturally but has to be made. It is used as dessert or sauces in some traditional cuisines.
240gm of coconut milk contains the following:
- Calories: 552
- Fat: 57 grams
- Protein: 5 grams
- Carbs: 13 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Vitamin C: 11% of the RDI
- Folate: 10% of the RDI
- Iron: 22% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 22% of the RDI
- Potassium: 18% of the RDI
- Copper: 32% of the RDI
- Manganese: 110% of the RDI
- Selenium: 21% of the RDI
Consuming coconut milk has the following benefits:
- Good for the cholesterol level: the major benefit of having coconut milk is that it is very helpful in controlling and lowering down the cholesterol level.
- Beneficial for the heart: it is also good for the heart. Studies have shown that the person who consumes coconut milk has a healthy heart than a person who does not consume it.
Apart from all the above, it is also helpful in, Decreasing the size of ulcers in the stomach and Fighting viruses and bacteria.
Main Differences Between Oat Milk and Coconut Milk
- As the name suggests, both Oat and Coconut milk is made from different sources. Oat milk is made out of oats, while Coconut milk is made with coconut cream and some water.
- Oat Milk has no such side effects unless the pack contains extra sugar or gluten or has some extra ingredients. Plain oat milk does not have any side effects, while Coconut Milk does have some side effects such as weight gain and some digestive issues.
- When it comes to taste, Oat milk is plain milk just with a little more sweet taste than any other milk, while the taste of coconut milk is nutty and floral with little sweetness.
- Oat milk is considered the best because, as compared to any other milk, it contains more protein content, while coconut milk, despite its good taste, is not very recommended due to the lack of protein content in it.
- Oat milk does not have fat content. Therefore, more consumption will not have any major side effects, while all the side effects that take place due to overconsumption of coconut milk are due to its high-fat content.
- Oat Milk is very helpful as it provides protein to the body and some nutrients that are very good for the bones and can also lead to less cholesterol level while Coconut milk helps lower the cholesterol level and gain weight (in case someone wants to).
Therefore, it is clear how both oat and coconut milk are a good substitute for normal milk. They are also more tasty and attractive as they are sweeter in flavor. Overall, oat milk is said to be the healthier option, and this could be due to the reason it has more proteins and healthy nutrients. They both don’t have such side effects unless consumed in large quantity. Otherwise, the package or company from which the milk is bought should be checked, especially the ingredients, whether it contains extra sugar or not, which can be harmful to the body.
Table of Contents