The era of digitalization has led to the excess use of mobile phones, laptops, PC, some other digital devices. Thus the excessive use of these digital devices has made almost everyone exposed to the tremendous amount of blue light.
The blue light exposure has caused eye strains, migraines, sleeplessness, stress, and many other things.
- Blue light glasses filter out blue light from screens, while Night Mode reduces the amount of blue light emitted by devices.
- Blue light glasses can be worn throughout the day, while Night Mode is typically used at night before bedtime.
- Blue Light Glasses and Night Mode are designed to reduce eye strain and improve sleep quality.
Blue Light Glasses vs Night Mode
Blue light glasses are glasses that have lenses which filter out blue light from electronic screens, helping to reduce eye strain, headaches, and sleep disruptions. Night mode is a feature that is built into electronic devices and can be activated at night or in low-light conditions.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Blue Light Glasses are meant for the blocking of blue light emitted by digital devices. The glasses claim to protect eyes from the blue light or the glare and reduce the eye strain caused by it. It is recommended to use blue light glasses 2 to 3 hours before sleep.
Night mode is a setting available in the newly launched digital devices like PC, laptops, mobile phones, and many others which changes the white background or the light mode into the dark or black mode. The other names used for referring to night mode are – black mode, dark theme, dark mode, light on dark mode.
|Parameters of Comparison||Blue Light Glasses||Night Mode|
|What it is?||Glasses which are specially designed for blocking blue lights emitted by the digital devices||It is a type of display setting that changes the light screen mode to the dark or black screen|
|Filter||It filters almost 100% of the blue and green light ranging between 400 nm to 550nm||There is no such study about the amount of light filtered|
|Time of Use||2 to 3 hours before use||It can be used manually|
|Color||Red or Orange||It changed the color to a warmer contrast|
|Purpose||It helps in improving sleep||Helps in reducing the eye strain|
|Recommended For||The individuals who are exposed to LED lights||To every individual using PC, laptop, mobile phones, etc.|
What is Blue Light Glasses?
Blue Light Glasses are specially designed glasses for blocking the blue light coming out of all the digital devices such as – laptops, PC, desktops, mobile phones, and others. These glasses claim to filter the harmful light almost about 100% into blue and green light which ranges between 400 nm to 550 nm.
The main purpose of launching these blue light glasses was to reduce the effect of blue-violet light on the eyes. As the increasing exposure of the screen has caused many eye problems which is why the blue light glasses are used to protect the eyes as they get dry up because of the prolonged use of digital devices.
Doctors have recommended that the blue light glasses must be used before 2 to 3 hours before going to bed. The color of the blue light glasses is orange or red. Also, they are recommended for individuals who worked majorly on digital devices.
What is Night Mode?
Night mode is a feature provided by many companies in their software, products, and in-built apps. It is a kind of display setting for user interfaces. In the light mode, the usual text is shown against the white background while in the night mode the text is shown against the white or grey background.
The other names for the night mode are – dark mode, light on dark mode, dark theme, dark theme, and black mode. The basic or simple idea behind the night mode is to reduce the emission of blue light from digital devices. It maintains the minimum contrast of the color of the screen.
Using the night mode feature in the digital devices reduces the exposure of blue light on the eyes, helps in reducing the strain on the eyes and helps in extending the battery percentage.
Main Differences Between Blue Light Glasses and Night Mode
- Blue light glasses are the new technology glasses specially made or designed for blocking the blue light coming from the digital devices while on the other hand night mode is a setting provided by the company or in-app to change the light or white background to the dark or in black mode.
- The studies have claimed that the blue light glasses filter almost about 100% of the blue light into blue and green light in the range between 400 nm to 550 nm while there is no such study done on the filtration amount of the blue light after using night mode.
- The study performed on the use of blue light glasses has recommended using it before 2 to 3 hours before going to bed while on the other hand, the night mode is a setting in a digital device that can be operated manually at any time.
- The color of the blue light glasses is red or orange while the color of the screen after activating the night mode becomes warmer towards the yellow color tint.
- The purpose of using blue light glasses is to help in sleeping better while comparatively the might mode in the digital devices is used to protect strain on eyes.
- Blue light glasses are recommended for the individuals working hours on the digital devices and have much exposure to blue light while night mode can be used by anyone using digital devices and somewhat helps in protecting strains on eyes.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.