The increasing day-by-day use of computer gadgets and technologies has made children and adults a slave to them, and because of this, their exposure to blue light has increased very alarmingly.
The long hours of use of PCs, laptops, and desktops in offices, long hours of watching television, and prolonged hours of using mobile phones are all combined causes of the tremendous amount of blue light that has caused many eye-related problems in individuals.
But now there are many solutions for reducing it – less use of gadgets, use of different glasses which reduces the effect of intensity of light on the eyes.
- Gaming glasses are designed to reduce eye strain and fatigue caused by blue light emitted by screens, with special lenses that filter out blue light.
- Night mode is a feature on electronic devices that reduces the amount of blue light emitted by the screen, making it easier on the eyes in low-light conditions.
- Gaming glasses are beneficial for avid gamers, while night mode is a useful feature for anyone who uses electronic devices frequently, especially at night.
Gaming Glasses vs Night Mode
Gaming glasses are glasses that are designed to reduce exposure to blue light, and it is used by gamers and e-sports professionals that use computers for a long time. Night mode is a feature that comes with devices and applications that will change the background to look black or dark.
Gaming Glasses are glasses that are specially designed to reduce exposure to blue light. Gamers, experts, and e-sports competitors that keep using computers for prolonged hours are recommended to use gaming glasses.
These glasses are used to protect the eyes from the blue light coming from the gaming screens. Also, three types of gaming glasses are – unregistered, prescribed, and read-amplified.
Night Mode is a feature that comes in the devices and applications which are meant to change the light or white background with that of black or dark background.
Some other names used for the night mode feature are – dark mode, dark theme, light on dark mode, and black mode. Also, there is no specific study for the amount of blue light filtration.
|Parameters of Comparison||Gaming Glasses||Night Mode|
|What is it?||Specially designed glasses for gamers to reduce the exposure of blue light||Setting or feature that comes in-built in different devices and apps that changes the white or light background setting into black or dark background|
|Blue Light Filtration||It filters about 50% of blue light.||There is no perfect study on the amount of blue light filtration.|
|Time of Use||While working on the computer.||It can be used manually whenever in need.|
|Color||Transparent and clear||Warmer contrast|
|Purpose||Help digital look||Reduces the eye strain|
What is Gaming Glasses?
The first gaming glasses were found by Gunnar Optiks in the year 2007. The company is popular in fashion, retail business, and manufacturing.
But the company caught the eyes of the global market after the invention of gaming glasses. The invention of these glasses was made to face the issue met by gamers.
The gaming glasses are made for the purpose of using them while playing in online or offline mode.
A research paper by Pacific University in the year 2007 claims that the use of gaming glasses has aided and improved the health of their eyes.
The users playing on the computer screen 24/7 are benefitted as they protect their eyes from strain, blue light, dryness caused by the excessive use of blue light, eye fatigue, and color distortion.
The amber tint gaming glasses are believed to filter the blue light up to 65% coming from the digital screen.
What is Night Mode?
Night Mode is a feature that comes inbuilt into devices and applications nowadays that helps change the screen’s light or white background into a black or dark background. It is a set of user interfaces.
When the digital screen is on light mode, the text is shown up against the white background, while when the night mode is active on the digital screen, the text is shown up on the grey background.
Night mode has some other names known to others: black mode, dark mode, dark theme, and light on the dark mode.
The main purpose of adding the night mode function in digital devices is to reduce the emission of blue light that comes from the screen.
As the feature of night mode is manually regulated, thus it is advised to use a few hours prior to going to bed. When the feature of night mode is activated in digital devices, the color of the screen changes to a contrasting of yellow tint.
Although there are no studies to prove the filtration amount of blue light but to some extent, it is useful.
Main Differences Between Gaming Glasses and Night Mode
- Gaming glasses are glasses that are specially designed for the use of gamers who use to play games in offline and online mode for long hours in the darkroom; thus, by the use of gaming glasses, the blue light can be reduced to some extent while comparatively on the other hand night mode is a feature that comes in-built in devices and apps which changes light or white background into black or dark background.
- Gaming glasses use to filter about 50% of the blue light coming from the devices, whereas on the other hand, considering the night mode, there is no specific study on the amount of blue light filtration.
- Gaming Glasses are used mostly while working on the computer, whereas, on the other hand, the Night Mode feature can be used whenever in need as it is operated manually by the users.
- The color of the gaming glasses lens is transparent and clear, while comparatively, on the other hand, the night mode changes the color of the screen to a warmer contrast of yellow.
- The purpose of the gaming glasses is to help in digital look while, on the other hand, the night mode is used to reduce the eye strain of the user.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.